Pappoe Coming Back!!!

Paladin

Man this feels like it’ll play out like 2019 again if we don’t get a damn near generational QB + OL transfers. I don’t trust the offensive PCing much regardless, but I think they can be good enough to net 10 wins if we get above average OL play and a good QB

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Yes, about offense.

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

Yeah unless something changes we’re still a 5-6 win team as of today. 

Ok still freaking out gotcha! 🤦🤣

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I mean I think it’s a fair point. “Freaking out” would be saying we’re going winless or something. With the O we had out there in November, with an even worse OL??? 6 wins isn’t freaking out 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, woodford said:

Yeah unless something changes we’re still a 5-6 win team as of today. 

Although I’m ecstatic about all the returning experienced defensive talent I can’t help but agree with the 5-6 wins if the OL and QB play doesn’t improve.  I’m praying we find our solutions in the TP.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Man this feels like it’ll play out like 2019 again if we don’t get a damn near generational QB + OL transfers. I don’t trust the offensive PCing much regardless, but I think they can be good enough to net 10 wins if we get above average OL play and a good QB

I don't disagree with this, except for the play-calling bit. Do you think the play-calling was bad this year as a whole? What about the bowl game when it was CBH calling the plays?

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Not freaking out just the truth. No qb, no OL and no WRs. We have a good RB and a good TE right now

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I saw this too. What a weird thing to do? Don’t think I’ve seen anyone else do that. Is this just a continuous troll or could there be smoke to it? He has already transferred to UO. 

He's trolling likes he's done before. He's not a take for us because we saw through his BS. That's why we didn't pursue when he was in the portal before.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't disagree with this, except for the play-calling bit. Do you think the play-calling was bad this year as a whole? What about the bowl game when it was CBH calling the plays?

I don't think Bobo had a great feel for momentum, and he definitely didn't have a good feel for using tempo, which is what much of this roster performed well under during the previous regime (when they'd choose to use it). A good bit of posters on this board took Finley's pre-bowl game presser where he promised more tempo at face value and thought Harsin would include some. 

With the lack of consistent productive plays, that obviously couldn't happen, but maybe they practiced it more like TJ alluded. I, since Gene/Gus came on, feel like tempo is the best equalizer an undertalented team has, and the fact we didn't run more of it against say UGA (where there was some offensive success, esp throwing) or UA the few times we had good drives, annoyed me. 

Long winded way of saying, I really didn't like it under Bobo for the most part, Ark game being the real outlier, and I thought it was fine under Harsin, considering. I felt like virtually every pass read was open. Some incredibly dumb calls between the TE bubble screens, reverses, and really just the sweeps in general were badly timed. As I was watching the game, I felt like we were way talented in terms of WRs/TEs vs LBs/DBs, but Harsin can't put the ball in their hands. Tank not getting at least 30 touches and Landen King, who has the best report with Finley for my taste, hardly being featured was another knock for me

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

On the topic at least, I think if Owen can be a more consistent version of his 2019 self, and raise his average pass defense performance a bit, dude can be all SEC contending. You'd think this would be a top 25 defense if the Mason from the last two games returned 

• Like 1

Priceless. Having experienced leaders to play another season can reverberate for many years down the line: We need him. The new guys need him. And the following wave of new guys needs guys that played with him. War Damn Eagle Owen!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

Priceless. Having experienced leaders to play another season can reverberate for many years down the line: We need him. The new guys need him. And the following wave of new guys needs guys that played with him. War Damn Eagle Owen!

Agree but must build some experience this year.

55 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

On the topic at least, I think if Owen can be a more consistent version of his 2019 self, and raise his average pass defense performance a bit, dude can be all SEC contending. You'd think this would be a top 25 defense if the Mason from the last two games returned 

I'm excited about our D. Hope OP stays healthy and continues to show his range

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In 2019, I feel like he was on of our best pass rushing LBs that we've had in a while. Definitely something we've been missing