Neil Young says...

SaturdayGT

5 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

To me, he most humorous thing about it is that Neil Youngs shenanigan's sorta blew up in his face. .....He tried to silence Rogan because of his politics and got denied.  Its actually  pretty awesome if your all about letting all voices be heard!...As for the Christian example, ...... I think that would be equally hilarious, if the said Christian had it in his/her mind that they were giving some sort of  "they go or I go"  ultimatum and then got steam rolled with out even a 2nd thought.  ....... Anyone who tries to throw their weight around to silence another deserves to be made fun of. ....Especially the one time freedom loving hippie, now turned cranky curmudgeon! lol  

He did nothing to silence Rogan.  That's exactly the fallacy I am talking about.

Rogan is still free to speak his mind as he pleases.  Young has a perfect right to pull support from anyone he wants to.  Likewise Paul Simon (for example) has the right to pull support from a company that features Nazi blogs.

This is not complicated.  Everyone has a right to pull their support for a company they are dealing with for whatever reason.  That may piss off Joe Rogan fan's (in this case) but he apparently didn't have a contract that bounded him to Spotify.  Tough on him.

But I'm glad you're getting a kick out of it, even if it requires miss-characterizing it as something it isn't.  ;)

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

He did nothing to silence Rogan.  That's exactly the fallacy I am talking about.

Rogan is still free to speak his mind as he pleases.  Young has a perfect right to pull support from anyone he wants to.  Likewise Paul Simon (for example) has the right to pull support from a company that features Nazi blogs.

This is not complicated.  Everyone has a right to pull their support for a company they are dealing with for whatever reason.  That may piss off Joe Rogan fan's (in this case) but he apparently didn't have a contract that bounded him to Spotify.  Tough on him.

But I'm glad you're getting a kick out of it, even if it requires miss-characterizing it as something it isn't.  ;)

I feel like we are eye to eye pretty much. I totally agree it's OK for him to pull his music. That's an absolute right he has and should have in this country....I dont listen to Rogan and I don't know much about him. ...I really don't spend alot of time on politics...the way you and coffee defend Young, I half wonder if I'm correct in that there was an ultimatum from young? ..if I'm wrong, I guess I'm speaking ignorantly (which happens more than I like lol) ....but if I'm right, Young looks like an ass in the whole situation for trying to muscle his views and trying to deplatform someone who he doesn't agree with. .....all in all, with the big picture...Rogan is still accessible, so is Neil young....kinda makes the whole thing a joke, and all falls on ....(drum rolls) Neil Young! Lol

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2022 at 9:55 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

I dismiss Joe Rogan just because he brings no special skills, experience, or information to the table. He's a career actor and comedian who is good at marketing himself and likes to talk a lot. 

If someone wants to listen to him for entertainment purposes then fine, but I don't see why anyone would look to the guy for his thoughts or opinions on politics or healthcare.

Who does?

On 1/31/2022 at 9:55 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

I dismiss Joe Rogan just because he brings no special skills, experience, or information to the table. He's a career actor and comedian who is good at marketing himself and likes to talk a lot. 

If someone wants to listen to him for entertainment purposes then fine, but I don't see why anyone would look to the guy for his thoughts or opinions on politics or healthcare.

On 1/31/2022 at 11:56 AM, DKW 86 said:

Can you show us exactly where and when JR said he claimed to have special skills, experience, or information in any way superior knowledge to the average person on any of the things you just accused him of?

Still waiting on the quotes here btw. I listen to Rogan all the time. He has three hour, long format discussions with people that are everything that MSM 10 Second Sound Bytes are not. If you can only intellectually process ideas in 140 Characters or less, that's on you. On the typical MSM talking head show, you get 10-15 second sound bytes that by and large are completely detached from reality. Pols do this to the stupid all day long for the last 40 years. They say something, "I hate war" and then vote to give the President authority to launch a war that lasted 20 years and cost $2-3TN and some in America are very upset that we even questioned ending the war. Rogan isnt controlled by Spotify nor anyone else. He can be on his own platform in a week or two and probably will increase his audience another 20-30%. Is Joe given a dissertation level  discussion? No, but he never claimed to be anything but what he is: a pot smoking, hippy type, martial artist, comedian that allows people to talk and present ideas without having to try and make a point in 10-15 seconds. I have never heard Rogan claim to "have special skills, experience, or information.

AI is not magic? Who said it was? — Clear Image Ai

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Aaron Rodgers for one. 

You sure about that?

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

You sure about that?

“I consulted with a now-good friend of mine, Joe Rogan, after he got Covid and I’ve been doing a lot of the stuff that he recommended in his podcasts and on the phone to me,” Mr Rodgers said on The Pat McAfee Show on SiriusXM Radio in November.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

“I consulted with a now-good friend of mine, Joe Rogan, after he got Covid and I’ve been doing a lot of the stuff that he recommended in his podcasts and on the phone to me,” Mr Rodgers said on The Pat McAfee Show on SiriusXM Radio in November.

So he talked to a friend and discovered they were doing similar treatments. Great. 

And even if this suggested what you think it does, that would be one person that relied on JR for medical advice. Which he didn't but whatever.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

And even if this suggested what you think it does, that would be one person that relied on JR for medical advice. Which he didn't but whatever.

Whatever. I'm just going off of what Aaron Rodger has actually said.

If you don't believe that what came out of his mouth is actually what he meant then that's fine, but I'll stick with my version. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Whatever. I'm just going off of what Aaron Rodger has actually said.

If you don't believe that what came out of his mouth is actually what he meant then that's fine, but I'll stick with my version. 

image.jpeg.3b5618a661c1c513bfcce28df3caf2eb.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

image.jpeg.3b5618a661c1c513bfcce28df3caf2eb.jpeg

You: Show me an example of something 

Me: Ok...here is an example of some famous person admitting to what you are asking for. 

You: That doesn't count! And what they said isn't actually what they meant!

Me: ok...whatever

You: You dropped your tinfoil hat!

Where are we even going with this? 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

You: Show me an example of something 

Me: Ok...here is an example of some famous person admitting to what you are asking for. 

You: That doesn't count! And what they said isn't actually what they meant!

Me: ok...whatever

You: You dropped your tinfoil hat!

Where are we even going with this? 

Not exactly.

We can go wherever you desire, but JR is no medical expert nor claims to be. That two friends are taking like medicines, that by the way work very well, is irrelevant. 

Carry on.

• Sad 1

He said "now-good friend," implying that they weren't good buddies that went way back or anything, but that it was recent.  And likely due to him reaching out after hearing COVID bull**** he liked from his show.

Don't try so hard.  There's no need to twist yourself in knots here.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He said "now-good friend," implying that they weren't good buddies that went way back or anything, but that it was recent.  And likely due to him reaching out after hearing COVID bull**** he liked from his show.

Don't try so hard.  There's no need to twist yourself in knots here.

Yeah well, I'm obviously not the one in knots other than my laughter. Carry on. 

18 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Who does?

The doctors and highly published scientists who he spent 3 hours each talking to. The ones who are willing to debate Fauci or any other establishment kook. The ones who have not been proven wrong about anything. The ones that people are trying their hardest to make silent. 

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

The doctors and highly published scientists who he spent 3 hours each talking to. The ones who are willing to debate Fauci or any other establishment kook. The ones who have not been proven wrong about anything. The ones that people are trying their hardest to make silent. 

So the question was, who listens to Joe Rogan for medical advice? IMO the answer is no one. You?

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So the question was, who listens to Joe Rogan for medical advice? IMO the answer is no one. You?

Exactly. I listen for truth. You don’t get it many other places. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

"I told a friend that I might write about Rogan in my column this week. The response I got was “Oh, God!” and a grimace, quickly followed by a confession that she had actually never listened to his podcast. The truth is that many of the people castigating Rogan haven’t either."

https://www.ft.com/content/0f988d96-3262-4dda-8d49-89ff0a30c462?segmentId=b385c2ad-87ed-d8ff-aaec-0f8435cd42d9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Exactly. I listen for truth. You don’t get it many other places. 

Joe Rogan is an entertainer...not a source for "truth" 

He doesn't bring in the "doctors" and "experts" because he's vetted them or think they are credible sources of info. 

He brings them in because he and his show knows they are controversial and bring in media exposure/criticism and thus more views and advertisement dollars. It's about money and views...period.

If you want to listen to joe Rogan for entertainment then that's fine, but it's blowing my mind that people are listening to this show because they believe him or his guests are giving them some kind of hidden "truth" or info that other credible resources are hiding from them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Joe Rogan is an entertainer...not a source for "truth" 

He doesn't bring in the "doctors" and "experts" because he's vetted them or think they are credible sources of info. 

He brings them in because he and his show knows they are controversial and bring in media exposure/criticism and thus more views and advertisement dollars. It's about money and views...period.

If you want to listen to joe Rogan for entertainment then that's fine, but it's blowing my mind that people are listening to this show because they believe him or his guests are giving them some kind of hidden "truth" or info that other credible resources are hiding from them. 

You can keep your head in the sand. I prefer different angles. The establishment does not own the truth. These people are standing up to the establishment and there’s a lot of scientists who are quietly supporting them. 
       The bureaucrats are losing more credibility every day. 
     Have you listened to any of these podcasts? Would you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 1/31/2022 at 8:23 AM, DKW 86 said:

Joe is no more a conservative than Bernie Sanders, even though some WANT to dismiss him so bad that they JUST ASSUME what is totally wrong.

Exactly......not many conservatives believe all drugs should be legalized.......he's no conservative.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

You can keep your head in the sand. I prefer different angles. The establishment does not own the truth. These people are standing up to the establishment and there’s a lot of scientists who are quietly supporting them. 
       The bureaucrats are losing more credibility every day. 
     Have you listened to any of these podcasts? Would you? 

Learned more about David Lee Roth the person in their 2 conversation.....than I ever did in his past 30 years of formal interviews.........Joe's ability to have conversations is a gift.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Learned more about David Lee Roth the person in their 2 conversation.....than I ever did in his past 30 years of formal interviews.........Joe's ability to have conversations is a gift.

Jordan Peterson is a good one too. Bret Weinstein….

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Let's face it. Most of the poor creatures here have extreme trouble following a 140 character conversation. A three hour discussion where ideas are actually shared and fully discussed??? Some here could not follow that if it meant life or death. Some here, literally get their talking points and never engage in real conversation with anyone that doesnt exist in their chosen Echo-Chamber. That's how you get the America we have today. 70% of the sheep living in a world of Confirmation Bias. Limbaugh made a fortune off of CB and he taught that business model to Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and the rest of the world. now we have CB on the Left and on the Right and just about every place you look. But hey, it is a successful business model apparently. It is really popular and accounts for almost all the people that owe their lives to the 4-5 Corporations that actually own the Media in America.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2022 at 9:37 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

I give credit to Neil  Young for making a personal sacrifice for what he believes in. 

Dan Bongino on the other hand proudly proclaimed he'd end his relationship with Cumulus Media if they didn't retract their vaccine mandate.

Cumulus media didn't budge. 

Dan Bongino now just pretends he never said that.

Joe rogan has already admitted to messing up and that he needs to do more research himself....so people like Greenwald can get over their fake outrage.   

I like his music, but give him no credit. He’s spread his own questionable info.

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp/msna649971

Rogan isn’t an easily categorized guy. Sometimes he can be a bit loopy, other times he cuts to the chase. He’s no Alex Jones, but is too quick to embrace anti-vaccine “info.” That said, critics should go on his show and speak to his audience. Unlike Tucker, he’ll let you do it. Be prepared for tougher questions than you usually get, though.

• Like 1