Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

4 minutes ago, AURealist said:

What blind devotion? 

I'm thinking that if the school wants to fire him, they should just say "You're fired" and give him his money.  You can want to see the man cleared of spurious charges and still want him replaced.  I personally was against his hiring and never thought he would work out, but I do believe that once you hire a coach, he should have 3 seasons to prove himself.  

Guess that's an old notion.

Wasn’t necessarily targeted at you, you just got caught in the crossfire. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I have no idea, but I do know that Auburn’s boosters did not start some dumb rumor on the Bunker to get rid of him….unless they knew 100% they could prove it, and leaked it.  

No matter how many times or how many people try to tell them this, they simply won’t believe it. They get something in their mind, that they have that no evidence or proof of whatsoever, and they just refuse to believe anything different. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

No matter how many times or how many people try to tell them this, they simply won’t believe it. They get something in their mind, that they have that no evidence or proof of whatsoever, and they just refuse to believe anything different. 

Touché.

So are you suggesting the affair rumor just came out of nowhere?  A bammer in his basement?  "Sliced Bread" at work again? If you will recall that rumor hit the Interwebs about a day before Auburn had announced any investigation.  Just a coincidence I guess?  I am not saying AU started an investigation because of that rumor, but I am saying it is mighty convenient that this supposedly "unrelated" rumor exploded when it did.  The REC must have perfect timing, eh?

No, I am not saying a booster did it, but I do think someone connected to AU leaked it. My point is I do not think it was a random Internet troll.

10 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

So are you suggesting the affair rumor just came out of nowhere?  A bammer in his basement?  "Sliced Bread" at work again? If you will recall that rumor hit the Interwebs about a day before Auburn had announced any investigation.  Just a coincidence I guess?  I am not saying AU started an investigation because of that rumor, but I am saying it is mighty convenient that this supposedly "unrelated" rumor exploded when it did.  The REC must have perfect timing, eh?

No, I am not saying a booster did it, but I do think someone connected to AU leaked it. My point is I do not think it was a random Internet troll.

Just my guest, but from what has been said about how he supposedly treated the staff inside the AD, I would not doubt there could be a pretty salty employee that maybe saw him and her palling around the facility and they decided to start something. 

I am going to say something controversial…..Harsin should understand when you hire a very young, pretty inexperienced and highly attractive assistant that posts things like she does on her social media, there COULD be questions and raised eyebrows.  She was a cheerleader, graduated, then right to the AD as his assistant.  Quite the glow up. 

I’m not the jealous type but I will tell you there is no way in hot hades I would let my husband have an assistant that he traveled all around with that looked like that 😂

Purely speculating.  This is not something that came from a group of boosters hoping to oust him UNLESS they had some proof of it.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Heck no.

I thought it was said that Greene, the General, and Quentin Riggins broke off from the bigger committee and hired Harsin together. Pretty sure Harsin even thanked the General personally in his introductory press conference. I'll look around tomorrow, may be wrong

2 hours ago, au302 said:

I thought it was said that Greene, the General, and Quentin Riggins broke off from the bigger committee and hired Harsin together. Pretty sure Harsin even thanked the General personally in his introductory press conference. I'll look around tomorrow, may be wrong

That is mostly true, I don’t know if I misunderstood the question? I thought the question was: once Harsin was hired, the General backed out of the athletic department. That is not true, he is still over seeing it now and Greene’s contract is not being renewed.

I posted this earlier from Brian Matthews. 

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/bmatt-s-monday-musings-auburn-tigers-football-basketball-5

What followed was a madcap search that yielded Brian Harsin nine days later. That Harsin lacked any SEC experience or awillingness to recruit from the front seemed of no import to a hastily organized committee led by Allen Greene.

Not long after, Greene had his wings clipped when retired Lt. Gen. Ron Burgess was brought in to oversee AU’s three majorsports.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Just my guest, but from what has been said about how he supposedly treated the staff inside the AD, I would not doubt there could be a pretty salty employee that maybe saw him and her palling around the facility and they decided to start something. 

I am going to say something controversial…..Harsin should understand when you hire a very young, pretty inexperienced and highly attractive assistant that posts things like she does on her social media, there COULD be questions and raised eyebrows.  She was a cheerleader, graduated, then right to the AD as his assistant.  Quite the glow up. 

I’m not the jealous type but I will tell you there is no way in hot hades I would let my husband have an assistant that he traveled all around with that looked like that 😂

Purely speculating.  This is not something that came from a group of boosters hoping to oust him UNLESS they had some proof of it.  

I also have no idea if he had an affair or not, but when you talk about the coach dragging her around, he also took her from Boise Idaho to Auburn Alabama. Of course, I’m not saying that means he’s having an affair. But like you, I am saying, it doesn’t look good.

Everyone just reinforced the narrative they wanted. Auburn has to put up or shut up. Like Harsin or not the 'Auburn Family' (especially the Bible thumpers) needs some soul searching. For years they got behind a coach going nowhere 'bus' AND  jumped on the 'fire the Coach' bandwagon because he's not from around here.....We're the dumpster fire that allowed this sjit to burn. Reinforcing your narrative another day... Hoping you're right in another thread.  Or on another board

Rug oh I see some back tracking now . First it was “there is definitely something or else, there would be no rumor.” Now It’s “ I am not saying it happen, It just doesn’t look good.” Well if you are already bias, you can make anything look like gold. This is why, if you don’t know , you should just keep your mouth shut.

I don’t know where all of this stuff came from and I don’t think anyone will truly find out, but the fact that some of this stuff was being allowed to be spread like wild fire here , while others sat idle and even reinforced at times is a joke. Today we should hear something and I will gladly stand in the fire squad for voicing such a strong opinion on this topic , but if we hear nothing ….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

59 minutes ago, DAG said:

Rug oh I see some back tracking now . First it was “there is definitely something or else, there would be no rumor.” Now It’s “ I am not saying it happen, It just doesn’t look good.” Well if you are already bias, you can make anything look like gold. This is why, if you don’t know , you should just keep your mouth shut.

I don’t know where all of this stuff came from and I don’t think anyone will truly find out, but the fact that some of this stuff was being allowed to be spread like wild fire here , while others sat idle and even reinforced at times is a joke. Today we should hear something and I will gladly stand in the fire squad for voicing such a strong opinion on this topic , but if we hear nothing ….

If Harsin is retained everyone who donated to find out the “newest information” first, should all get a refund 😂 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

If Harsin is retained everyone who donated to find out the “newest information” first, should all get a refund 😂 

So, who is leading this charge that Harsin may be Retained? Is it sliced bread or someone reputable 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

So, who is leading this charge that Harsin may be Retained? Is it sliced bread or someone reputable 

I really don’t know. I’ve just seen some things said that were kinda alluding to that. 

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

Ugh, now it's being implied that the "investigation" turned up clean and the boosters are not feeling writing the check.

Well, hope basketball stays strong because that would essentially be the death penalty for our football program for a few years. 

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Everyone just reinforced the narrative they wanted. Auburn has to put up or shut up. Like Harsin or not the 'Auburn Family' (especially the Bible thumpers) needs some soul searching. For years they got behind a coach going nowhere 'bus' AND  jumped on the 'fire the Coach' bandwagon because he's not from around here.....We're the dumpster fire that allowed this sjit to burn. Reinforcing your narrative another day... Hoping you're right in another thread.  Or on another board

As a “Bible thumper”, I have no soul searching to do. I’ve made it clear for days. If this was a smear campaign and they are just trying to fire a coach for selfish reasons after 1 year I’m 10,000% done supporting.  As a “Bible thumper” I can never support a program run by men who seek power at all costs. No need for soul searching. My soul’s already been searched and it doesn’t belong to a school. 
Psalm 139:23 “Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!”

Guest MustardSeed
5 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Well, hope basketball stays strong because that would essentially be the death penalty for our football program for a few years. 

I beg to differ. Well, based one thing.  Sure he could still be fired in a year if that happened but it could be a smoother transition. But, if he’s fired now we would potentially end up with an interim type coach for a year. If that were to happen then it would still be the death penalty.  Many more players will leave. No decent coach will be an assistant and no recruits will come for early signing day unless a big name coach is hired before then. We’d be an upgraded version of UAB starting all over.  It would be downright ugly. 

Just now, MustardSeed said:

I beg to differ. Well, based one thing.  Sure he could still be fired in a year if that happened but it could be a smoother transition. But, if he’s fired now we would potentially end up with an interim type coach for a year. If that were to happen then it would still be the death penalty.  Many more players will leave. No decent coach will be an assistant and no recruits will come for early signing day unless a big name coach is hired before then. We’d be an upgraded version of UAB starting all over.  It would be downright ugly. 

An interim coach is an unknown and it would come with its own pains, but compared to a scorned coach who was in over his head to begin with and already isn't very good at recruiting? Who's to say the boosters are anymore feeling a buyout after another losing season? This could linger for along time. 

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

The way this has been bungled from the start, I don't see any way Harsin can be successful long term. From the negative recruiting to fractured fan base to behind the scenes boosters not supporting to Gouges statement... it just goes on and on

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

The way this has been bungled from the start, I don't see any way Harsin can be successful long term. From the negative recruiting to fractured fan base to behind the scenes boosters not supporting to Gouges statement... it just goes on and on

Not necessarily disagreeing. I guess I’m just pointing out that firing him could actually be worse

6 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

I have no idea, but I do know that Auburn’s boosters did not start some dumb rumor on the Bunker to get rid of him….unless they knew 100% they could prove it, and leaked it.  

I didn't say the boosters actually started the rumors, but are using them.  I made that point clearer in earlier posts. 

And the rumors don't have to be true to do the damage needed to get everyone to want to 'move on' from Harsin.  

And after reading these Harsin threads, it seems to have worked pretty well  

Edited by AURealist
added last line
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I’ll take it a step further and say it’s a true testament of the current state of our fan base which is really sad. It’s the same reason players have left and not the “family” or representation of the Auburn creed I fell in love with as a kid

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Probably true, but take bama as an example. The fired Price a terrible time. Ended up with Mike Shula and basically threw away 4 years (26-23). No reason to think we’d do any better and we certainly wouldn’t expect a Sabanesque hire after those four years so it’s likely be much worse in the end. 

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Not necessarily disagreeing. I guess I’m just pointing out that firing him could actually be worse

I also don't think it was very smart of Harsin, with all this going on to stay in Mexico, with a Sombrero on drinking drinks with an umbrella. He should have returned to AU and do what leaders do. Just my opinion, I realize he can walk away with 18 million...

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

Probably true, but take bama as an example. The fired Price a terrible time. Ended up with Mike Shula and basically threw away 4 years (26-23). No reason to think we’d do any better and we certainly wouldn’t expect a Sabanesque hire after those four years so it’s likely be much worse in the end. 

True, alot of that was probation issues too

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I also don't think it was very smart of Harsin, with all this going on to stay in Mexico, with a Sombrero on drinking drinks with an umbrella. He should have returned to AU and do what leaders do. Just my opinion, I realize he can walk away with 18 million...

If I didn’t think I did anything wrong and was my first vacation in a while I wouldn’t come back early either. There’s enough technology now that if it was that urgent there could be communication