Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Did I break the record?

Oh man I don’t know, we’ve had some fantastic rants in the past by some legendary folks. 

13 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

He said he would kiss Bird if Harsin showed up at the meetings on Thursday so I would say his confidence level is at an all time high.  

Or maybe he just secretly wants to 😂

Care to elaborate? 

Golf , u still feel this way Or have things changed

3 hours ago, AUx said:

sistine_chapel_repair.jpeg

Lol; and again, the number of people on here that have no idea what you’re talking about… Hilarious!

• Haha 1

So is this like half time? Team boosters had a big lead and then team CH had a amazing late touchdown as time expired. We are now watching the half time rants and waiting for the big finish. We may need new cheerleaders though. Not sure about the ones we have.

To sum it up, Greene nor Harsin should’ve ever been hired in the first place. The following probably explains it best:  

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/bmatt-s-monday-musings-auburn-tigers-football-basketball-5

To recap. Auburn fired Gus Malzahn in December, and nearly hired Kevin Steele to replace him until it was revealed Steele and Rodney Garner conspired behind Malzahn’s back to engineer the entire coup.

What followed was a madcap search that yielded Brian Harsin nine days later. That Harsin lacked any SEC experience or a willingness to recruit from the front seemed of no import to a hastily organized committee led by Allen Greene.

Not long after, Greene had his wings clipped when retired Lt. Gen. Ron Burgess was brought in to oversee AU’s three major sports.

Keep in mind, this isn’t just Brian Matthews opinion, he is writing a column based on absolute facts!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

To sum it up, Greene nor Harsin should’ve ever been hired in the first place. The following probably explains it best:  

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/bmatt-s-monday-musings-auburn-tigers-football-basketball-5

To recap. Auburn fired Gus Malzahn in December, and nearly hired Kevin Steele to replace him until it was revealed Steele and Rodney Garner conspired behind Malzahn’s back to engineer the entire coup.

What followed was a madcap search that yielded Brian Harsin nine days later. That Harsin lacked any SEC experience or a willingness to recruit from the front seemed of no import to a hastily organized committee led by Allen Greene.

Not long after, Greene had his wings clipped when retired Lt. Gen. Ron Burgess was brought in to oversee AU’s three major sports.

Keep in mind, this isn’t just Brian Matthews opinion, he is writing a column based on absolute facts!

Didn't the General break off with Greene when they hired Harsin?

28 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Lol; and again, the number of people on here that have no idea what you’re talking about… Hilarious!

Are they still going to fire Harsin in the next 24-36 hours for cause? 

2 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

So, before I go to sleep does anyone have a educated guess how this turns out? We leaning more to CH being fired or staying?

Who knows but In my opinion, if they had cause he would be fired right now. I am not buying what some folks keep trying to sell nor do I believe there is some negotiation for a buy out, but if so, I will be here to eat my crow. We will see if some of the firestarters do the same if CBH is still our coach come Thursday. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Who knows but In my opinion, if they had cause he would be fired right now. I am not buying what some folks keep trying to sell nor do I believe there is some negotiation for a buy out, but if so, I will be here to eat my crow. We will see if some of the firestarters do the same if CBH is still our coach come Thursday. 

Harsin being out of the country likely comes into play. I have to imagine letting him go face to face with lawyers present would be a large part of why they haven’t done so already. I’m sure there’ll be a lot of paperwork to sign that can’t be done via e-signature. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Harsin being out of the country likely comes into play. I have to imagine letting him go face to face with lawyers present would be a large part of why they haven’t done so already. I’m sure there’ll be a lot of paperwork to sign that can’t be done via e-signature. 

we will see. Interesting day upon us

To me, it looks like powerful people with buyers' remorse circulated rumors of racism and marital infidelity to torpedo an innocent man's job and career so as not to pay him his contractually required buyout. 

We don't know for sure, though. 

Probably not what happened, because we at Auburn University don't do that sort of thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, AURealist said:

To me, it looks like powerful people with buyers' remorse circulated rumors of racism and marital infidelity to torpedo an innocent man's job and career so as not to pay him his contractually required buyout. 

We don't know for sure, though. 

Probably not what happened, because we at Auburn University don't do that sort of thing.

Why would they circulate rumors they didn’t think they could prove?  They need PROOF to deny him his buyout. 

These people are not stupid. 

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Why would they circulate rumors they didn’t think they could prove?  They need PROOF to deny him his buyout. 

Maybe they thought he'd get sick of the crap and quit.  Or at least agree to a deal.  Who knows? 

Do you expect to see Harsin proven guilty of an actionable offense?  

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

The blind support for a coach that has achieved nothing here and leaving our program teetering on the edge of obscurity has been eye-opening to say the least. Guy is on a 5 game losing streak, lost to MSU at home when the game was put away, only scored a smattering of points in the second halves of most games, signed -1 recruits on NSD, obviously the assistant coaches issues, and people want to turn him into a martyr. All that doesn’t even include what has been said about his attitude toward other people that need to be engaged to make for a successful program. 

If he comes back, 2022 is going to be disastrous. He’ll be railroaded by TPB, negatively recruited heavily against for certain. I can’t think of a single positive reason to keep him around other than to reduce his buyout. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Maybe they thought he'd get sick of the crap and quit.  Or at least agree to a deal.  Who knows? 

Do you expect to see Harsin proven guilty of an actionable offense?  

I have no idea, but I do know that Auburn’s boosters did not start some dumb rumor on the Bunker to get rid of him….unless they knew 100% they could prove it, and leaked it.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

The blind support for a coach that has achieved nothing here and leaving our program teetering on the edge of obscurity has been eye-opening to say the least. Guy is on a 5 game losing streak, lost to MSU at home when the game was put away, only scored a smattering of points in the second halves of most games, signed -1 recruits on NSD, obviously the assistant coaches issues, and people want to turn him into a martyr. All that doesn’t even include what has been said about his attitude toward other people that need to be engaged to make for a successful program. 

If he comes back, 2022 is going to be disastrous. He’ll be railroaded by TPB, negatively recruited heavily against for certain. I can’t think of a single positive reason to keep him around other than to reduce his buyout. 

Its not the blind support, its the absolute idiocy of thinking that Auburn BOT and/or boosters….people that are pretty smart….are starting slanderous rumors on message boards to oust a coach.

These are men and women running multi billion dollar companies but yes, this is how they operate 😂

Its just slightly less dumb than blaming the REC. 

Y’all.  Come on.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I can't wait to see the responses if these dude is still here and the investigation comes up with a goose egg. Oh man, this is going to be must watch .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

What blind devotion? 

I'm thinking that if the school wants to fire him, they should just say "You're fired" and give him his money.  You can want to see the man cleared of spurious charges and still want him replaced.  I personally was against his hiring and never thought he would work out, but I do believe that once you hire a coach, he should have 3 seasons to prove himself.  

Guess that's an old notion.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Are they still going to fire Harsin in the next 24-36 hours for cause? 

What he is saying is, wait to see the smoke color coming out of the chimney.

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Its not the blind support, its the absolute idiocy of thinking that Auburn BOT and/or boosters….people that are pretty smart….are starting slanderous rumors on message boards to oust a coach.

These are men and women running multi billion dollar companies but yes, this is how they operate 😂

Its just slightly less dumb than blaming the REC. 

Y’all.  Come on.  

I don’t know if I see it so much here (we get a peek behind the curtain), but definitely on the various AU FB pages/groups I follow. “If Harsin is fired I’m not watching AU football anymore”…like c’mon. 

People have turned the boosters into some nefarious cabal and Harsin is a golden child. Feels very white collar vs. blue collar. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I can't wait to see the responses if these dude is still here and the investigation comes up with a goose egg. Oh man, this is going to be must watch .

Fire up that meltdown thread and keep it running because it’ll be nuclear.