Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

If I didn’t think I did anything wrong and was my first vacation in a while I wouldn’t come back early either. There’s enough technology now that if it was that urgent there could be i

I disagree...he calls ESPN from his vacation spot...while his current players are speaking up for him on his behalf....  not to mention, he didn't sign a single player last week. Has no Off coord, about to lose secondary coach...his program is falling apart around him... seems like he has plenty he needs to do

• Like 4

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I disagree...he calls ESPN from his vacation spot...while his current players are speaking up for him on his behalf....  not to mention, he didn't sign a single player last week. Has no Off coord, about to lose secondary coach...his program is falling apart around him... seems like he has plenty he needs to do

Sure, but if he’s being told they’re trying to fire him, why rush to do anything?  No sense in hiring anyone if you’re getting fired…and no one would take that job anyways. I’m sure he’s talking to his secondary coach. He’s probably reached out to his players some way if I had to guess. Until they conclude the “investigation” there’s literally nothing he can do except just hope they fire him and pay him 18 mil. Hell I’d take a firing and 500k right now. 18 mil?  I’ll stay where I’m at knowing I can’t accomplish anything until you decide anyways so let me know when it changes or I’ll see you on Wednesday 

11 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

If I didn’t think I did anything wrong and was my first vacation in a while I wouldn’t come back early either. There’s enough technology now that if it was that urgent there could be communication 

He left his players flailing during what has been a PR nightmare, and what remains of his staff exposed and now the best coach left has one foot in Athens Georgia.  He should have come back. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Sure, but if he’s being told they’re trying to fire him, why rush to do anything?  No sense in hiring anyone if you’re getting fired…and no one would take that job anyways. I’m sure he’s talking to his secondary coach. He’s probably reached out to his players some way if I had to guess. Until they conclude the “investigation” there’s literally nothing he can do except just hope they fire him and pay him 18 mil. Hell I’d take a firing and 500k right now. 18 mil?  I’ll stay where I’m at knowing I can’t accomplish anything until you decide anyways so let me know when it changes or I’ll see you on Wednesday 

Exactly, can’t blame Harsin for the PR nightmare that’s at the hands of whoever leaked information wether true or false. Was like watching a grease fire in a kitchen grow then try to throw water on it at the last minute 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I guess me and u just wired different..

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Point being, he got plenty he needs to be doing here. Things I listed above as well as lots more.. This thing has been imploding around him since Dec... He needs to be here leading, investigation or no investigation.. 

• Facepalm 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Consider also that his agent may have told him to steer clear. I’m just not into judging his personal actions when we don’t know what’s actually happening. This is now all about politics and he has to play his part 

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Consider also that his agent may have told him to steer clear. I’m just not into judging his personal actions when we don’t know what’s actually happening. This is now all about politics and he has to play his part 

Take the investigation out of it... he loses his d coord to a lesser job and pay cut.. His off coordinator quits after 2 weeks .. players leaving left and right.. point being, he don't need to be doing the limbo in cozumel.. He needs to be addressing these things and numerous others

• Like 8

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

What he is saying is, wait to see the smoke color coming out of the chimney.

Yes I get that. I was simply asking if this firing thing was still going down. 

He wasn’t allowed to hire a new offensive coordinator because the university wouldn’t give him numbers for a potential contract, he stated such in the interview.

While I still think The parties need to go separate directions, I think most damage could be repaired.

what can not be prepared are people like 24 who wanted a big name and chose to hate him from the begining and the small base that believe he must have southern culture and don’t like his religion.  AG’s relationship with some boosters.

he was mainly called an a$$hole and a jerk because he basically didn’t take the time to get to know people and say hi in the morning, he can repair those ThinGs within the AD within reason.

I am not saying any of this will or should happen, but sometimes people don’t realize how much of a jerk they are beinG when they are overlY focused I have found through my experiences.  From the sound of things hE would need to put in a lot of work.

• Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Take the investigation out of it... he loses his d coord to a lesser job and pay cut.. His off coordinator quits after 2 weeks .. players leaving left and right.. point being, he don't need to be doing the limbo in cozumel.. He needs to be addressing these things and numerous others

With “insiders” claiming that this investigation has been going on behind the scenes for awhile, you can’t look at these events in a vacuum. That’s not how people that know are saying it happened.

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Yes I get that. I was simply asking if this firing thing was still going down. 

A Diet of Worms scenario shaping up, right?

• Haha 2

Guest MustardSeed
9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I can understand that and can see that side, just not sure it would help him in anyway at this point and could potentially just cause further issues

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Anything specific? You can find anything that confirms your bias on Twitter?

No man, nothing from anyone with any more credibility than you or I. It’s just interesting when you see the story all of a sudden completely shift. I think it’s still just stuff being slung against the wall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

I can understand that and can see that side, just not sure it would help him in anyway at this point and could potentially just cause further issues

If he feels that way he needs to take the reduced buyout and get out of AU

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

He wasn’t allowed to hire a new offensive coordinator because the university wouldn’t give him numbers for a potential contract, he stated such in the interview.

While I still think The parties need to go separate directions, I think most damage could be repaired.

what can not be prepared are people like 24 who wanted a big name and chose to hate him from the begining and the small base that believe he must have southern culture and don’t like his religion.  AG’s relationship with some boosters.

he was mainly called an a$$hole and a jerk because he basically didn’t take the time to get to know people and say hi in the morning, he can repair those ThinGs within the AD within reason.

I am not saying any of this will or should happen, but sometimes people don’t realize how much of a jerk they are beinG when they are overlY focused I have found through my experiences.  From the sound of things hE would need to put in a lot of work.

I haven’t seen anyone mention his religion…..I have no clue what religion he is, if he even is religious. 

I also never recall discussing Malzahn’s or Chizik’s religion either. 

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

I haven’t seen anyone mention his religion…..I have no clue what religion he is, if he even is religious. 

I also never recall discussing Malzahn’s or Chizik’s religion either. 

it has been an issue with some, trust me.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

Retaining him at this point is the most moronic thing we could do. If there wasn’t sure fire evidence going in, WHY COULDN’T THEY HAVE WAITED UNTUL DECEMBER FGS?

Edited by AUwent

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Retaining him at this point is the most moronic thing we could do. If there wasn’t sure fire evidence going in, WHY COULDN’T THEY HAVE WAITED UNTUL DECEMBER FGS?

If that’s the case you know the answer…

9 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Folks getting awful quiet

Well, to be fair, most people were asleep at 11:00 AM Eastern time.  :trampoline:  I need my beauty rest so I can keep this body a perfect 6/10.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I still think we see him fired or he moves on. I can’t imagine the atmosphere in the football facilities.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Workhardwork!🙃