Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Probably means the player support. Kind of hard to claim a guy is abusive and racist and then have several team leaders come out and say they think he is a great coach and exactly what they need. 

It could be (of course everyone is guessing)  that the run him out of town effort of the PTB has majorly backfired. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, just b/c he didn't abuse the entire team doesn't mean he didn't abuse certain ppl

This, and when you are on a team with someone you will excuse a lot of stuff. Some of these players feel like they've gone to war with Harsin over the past year and will defend him. Others clearly felt mistreated. 

I hate to be insensitive, but honestly most of the players who are vocal about him are seniors are juniors who will be gone in a year or two. Can we really justify holding on to a guy permanently (in theory anyway) because some players who are only here temporarily like him? And even if he is very popular among some players, I don't think its translating to the recruiting trail. 

• Like 2

I'm going to be disappointed if he stays at this point. If its the university fighting back and putting a middle finger up at a coup attempt, I 100% get why they would want to do that in theory... it just won't be good for Auburn long term. 

Football and Basketball are the breadwinners and help along other sports because of the money they bring in. We need to keep both as healthy as possible. 

• Like 1

Just now, LaphroaigWDE said:

I'm going to be disappointed if he stays at this point. If its the university fighting back and putting a middle finger up at a coup attempt, I 100% get why they would want to do that in theory... it just won't be good for Auburn long term. 

Football and Basketball are the breadwinners and help along other sports because of the money they bring in. We need to keep both as healthy as possible. 

giphy-2.gif

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

giphy-2.gif

Some folks are about to get a healthy dose of reality. I call this the "sit with it phase" in my practice, which leads to radical acceptance.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Some folks are about to get a healthy dose of reality. I call this the "sit with it phase" in my practice, which leads to radical acceptance.

Yep understatement of the day right here. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not accepting another year of Harsin. He won't be the coach this time next year no matter what happens today, I'm 100% confident in that. Whats the point in keeping him now? Just an utter failure. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

It could be (of course everyone is guessing)  that the run him out of town effort of the PTB has majorly backfired. 

Do you have the slightest bit of evidence that some mysterious "PTB" are behind this? Don't bother answering, I already know the answer is "NO!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

Not accepting another year of Harsin. He won't be the coach this time next year no matter what happens today, I'm 100% confident in that. Whats the point in keeping him now? Just an utter failure. 

Never underestimate the ability of Auburn to set itself on fire. 

Well what are you going to do if he is retained? lol.

6 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Never underestimate the ability of Auburn to set itself on fire. 

Fire can be restorative and some things come out better on the other side.

Like Bermuda grass 🙃

2 minutes ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

I guess I will get a lot of house work done on fall Saturdays 

and there will be a lot of folks who will do the same thing if he is fired.

The problem is that no matter what happens there is a portion of the fanbase that is going to leave.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, wcware said:

It’s much quieter on here today. Silence before the storm? I think we know for sure by tomorrow.

Depends on how you interpret that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McFU said:

and there will be a lot of folks who will do the same thing if he is fired.

The problem is that no matter what happens there is a portion of the fanbase that is going to leave.

Don't believe that at all. If they can Harsin and get Freeze or someone like Grimes in here, people will be lined up to watch. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Yeah well with the SEC coaches meeting tomorrow, we will definitely know something  today, because somebody has gotta go represent us lol. 

Well “definitely” may not be accurate but I agree we SHOULD 😂

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Depends on how you interpret that.

You think they are just securing Caleb Williams before they announce the new hire?

• Haha 2

Just now, wcware said:

You think they are just securing Caleb Williams before they announce the new hire?

I personally think someone get fired and a new hire is losing steam

• Like 1

Don't believe that at all. If they can Harsin and get Freeze or someone like Grimes in here, people will be lined up to watch. 

maybe they will.  I just know that if a message board is as divided on this as it seems then a portion of the normal fanbase will be too. Lot's of Alumni (or so they say) on Reddit say they will pull their funding and stop watching AU Football.

Like I said before there will be some people who stop rooting for AU Football no matter what happens.