Softball vs Georgia

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Isn't Georgia leading the country in HRs? Definitely SEC I think.  So that is their game.  Like Golf said, just keep them solo. 

Not the country but yes to the SEC. They have 88, Arkansas as 83, and Auburn has 78.

Oklahoma is at a ridiculous 114. 21 homers more than 2nd place.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Not the country but yes to the SEC. They have 88, Arkansas as 83, and Auburn has 78.

Oklahoma is at a ridiculous 114. 21 homers more than 2nd place.

And we had a total of 22 last year in HRs?

anazing what recruiting hitters can do? We 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

And we had a total of 22 last year in HRs?

anazing what recruiting hitters can do? We 

Our sophomores have also shown great improvement, not to mention upperclassmen showing improvement as well. Godwin and Garcia’s numbers are up too. 

• Like 2

Georgia now has 91 homers, and we have 80.  Finch really crushed that one in top 6.  Have to mention Kenadie Cooper's catch in  RF that saved some runs early.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, warladytigers said:

She is underutilized

Kind of hard to find room with so many good players. I mean who would Dean sit to get Schmidt more time? Every one that's been starting the last couple of series have been playing well.The only thing would be to have Godwin/Lisenby split time between catcher and have Blaine as the DP and Schmidt in RF. But then you miss out on Godwin and Lisenby's bats half the time and I think both have earned their spots. Next year, Godwin will be graduating so you can plug Lisenby in at Catcher and then Blaine can be the back up to her (since that's what she's listed as on the roster).

Good problem to have, though.

Edited by tgrogan21

4 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Georgia now has 91 homers, and we have 80.  Finch really crushed that one in top 6.  Have to mention Kenadie Cooper's catch in  RF that saved some runs early.

Wasn't sure if the stat site I used was updated from last nights game. Apparently not. Thanks for the info. :)

Game 2 starting in about 35 minutes. Twitter post with the lineup will be edited in but according to statbroadcast, Dismukes is starting the game. Interesting that we aren't going with Lowe.

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Game 2 starting in about 35 minutes. Twitter post with the lineup will be edited in but according to statbroadcast, Dismukes is starting the game. Interesting that we aren't going with Lowe.

UGA is probably going to be able to hit a lot better off of Dismukes, so hopefully our bats are alive today. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wde2021 said:

UGA is probably going to be able to hit a lot better off of Dismukes, so hopefully our bats are alive today. 

I would love a great performance from her. Even if it's just enough to save Penta from having to pitch all 3 games.

Figured Golf would have posted highlights but since he didn't, here you go. :D I've said it many times before but I absolutely love Lisenby's energy and I think everyone feeds off of it. Just look how pumped Penta was at the end of the game.

Since there have been a few posts in here since my previous one about Dismukes. Here's the lineup. Only change is Godwin behind the plate instead of Lisenby.

A win today and a loss by LSU puts us at 4th in the SEC. Oh and Kasey Cooper is calling the game tonight on the SECN. Would love for her to call Ellis breaking her Freshman HR record!

First play of the game and Peralta with a fielding error.

Fielder's choice on the next pitch, Peralta gets the runner out at 2nd.

Review on the play for interference on the slide into 2nd.

Another hard hit ball but it hangs up long enough for Garcia to get under it.

Garcia, Packer, Blaine coming up.

1-0 Georgia B1st

Garcia strikes out swinging. Packer pops out.

Blaine with a 5 pitch walk and Ellis gets hit by the pitch. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

Edit: Peralta with a 4 pitch walk! BASES LOADED for Lisenby!

Edited by tgrogan21

Damn! Lisenby with a weak grounder to ss. Peralta out at 2nd and ends the inning. Got to take advantage of those opportunities!

1-0 Georgia T2nd

5 pitches and Dismukes has gotten 2 outs. A fly out and a ground out!

Ugh! 4 pitch walk. Can't give this power hitting team free bases.

Single and runners are on the corner. Garcia dove but couldn't bring the catch in, hit just off the tip of the glove.

Dismukes falls behind 2-0 and Dean comes out to the circle.

Comes back and finally starts throwing the ball over the plate and gets a strike out swinging!

Godwin, Cox, McCondichie coming up.

2-0 Georgia B2nd

Godwin flies out.

Cox gets the count full before striking out on ball 4. Catcher throws it to 1st for the out.

McCondichie draws a full count walk!

Garcia draws another walk. Just be patient, let this pitcher give you a pitch to hit!

Another free pass. 5 pitch walk to the lead off hitter. Can't keep doing this.

Thank goodness for Godwin as she throws out the runner trying to steal 2nd. An absolute bullet to 2nd. Runner only had like 5 more steps before reaching safely.

Aaaaand Fincher hit a homerun earlier and now has a double. Hope we start warming up Lowe.

Ground out, runner moves to 3rd. Looks like another review. Runner made contact with Peralta while going to 3rd.

Edit: Should be an obvious out. She didn't let Peralta get to the ball before making contact. Even if the runner tried not to, she still made contact.

Edited by tgrogan21