Baseball vs Kentucky

Hill with an 8 pitch at bat but strikes out with a full count.

Rambusch with an 0-5 day as he grounds out. I'm pretty sure this will be only the 2nd time this season he hasn't reached base.

5-3 Auburn B8th

LaRue in to finish the game at catcher and Burkhalter in for Allsup.

Had to step away for dinner but:

Burkhalter gives up a 1 out single but LaRue throws him out trying to steal 2nd for out 3. Not sure when these people will learn not to run on LaRue.

The Kentucky batter at the end of the video says it all.

5-3 Auburn T9th

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DiChiara strikes out. Man, still hoping he starts hitting the ball again. His average has dropped to around .380. Over 70 point drop the last several weeks.

Peirce doubles! Carlson singles! Peirce goes to third.

Moss runs for Carlson and a new pitcher for Kentucky.

Moore with a bunt single RBI! Peirce scores and Moss goes to second.

Edit: Only able to follow along with livestats right now. They said Moore singled but they're also showing 2 outs ... so I don't know.

6-3 Auburn!

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

Howell goes down looking.

Farquhar goes down swinging. Happy to get the insurance run but wanted more.

6-3 Auburn B9th

Thanks for what you do @tgrogan21. Due to a “non routine” afternoon and evening able to keep up. Great to come back get game 2. Tomorrow big after long day and horrible offensive game one.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Auburn has a 1/2 game lead over LSU. An Auburn win or an LSU loss and Auburn is the 4 seed.

This annoys me because we would likely be sitting at 17 wins and have that 4th spot locked up if not for the weather last Sunday. I don't understand how the SEC doesn't have a plan for that besides just call it no contest.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nurbis said:

This annoys me because we would likely be sitting at 17 wins and have that 4th spot locked up if not for the weather last Sunday. I don't understand how the SEC doesn't have a plan for that besides just call it no contest.

Really should make them play a single game end of season but that could hurt us (giving up the extra race that the bye gets). So just win game 3 lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Really should make them play a single game end of season but that could hurt us (giving up the extra race that the bye gets). So just win game 3 lol

Water over the dam and tough to get another game in this time of year. I like the idea of winning game 3. 

• Like 1

Uk has lost the third game of an SEC series 6 times.   AU has lost just 3.   We need Gonzo to be dominate like he can be.  We also need Sonny to be Sonny. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We also need Sonny to be Sonny. 

My thoughts also. Needs to snap out of whatever “funk” he is in. Ran into a friend that talked with Sonny’s parents the other day. Say he has had slumps in the past. Most do I suppose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

My thoughts also. Needs to snap out of whatever “funk” he is in. Ran into a friend that talked with Sonny’s parents the other day. Say he has had slumps in the past. Most do I suppose.

Everyone has them at some point.     Hitting at a high level is the hardest thing to do in sports imo.  Imagine if golfers had to hit curves, sliders, sinkers, changeups and splitters...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I also imagine he is starting to press the issue a bit. He only gets about 6 good pitches a game to hit because pitchers are so careful with him. He's still getting on base due to walks but I know he has to be frustrated not getting a lot of opportunities to crush the ball.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to do updates for game 3 they can. I'll be focusing all of my attention on Softball until it's over.

16 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Bright falls behind 3-0 before giving up a single. And his day is done. I never really understand why Butch allows him to even pitch into the 6th. He always gives up a hit to lead the 6th off and then gets pulled. Just let a reliever come in at the start of the inning.

Swilling on to pitch.

Bright did a great job in this game. Trace has pushed his abilities as a starter from 2-3-4 innings into 6 innings......and that's great progress. It doesn't come without some trouble though,but that's how kids learn to pitch and handle pressure situations. 

Yanking pitchers too soon is very damaging to their confidence and it really messes with their future on the mound. 

Butch is always looking at the big picture of post season play, and having these kids ready to compete. They have to learn to handle the pressure if they do get to Omaha.

Also, Butch has put 18 pitchers into the majors in his career so far.  I have complete confidence in his decisions on how to develop these kids at Auburn. 

7 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

If anyone wants to do updates for game 3 they can. I'll be focusing all of my attention on Softball until it's over.

Do what I can. Hoping to mix baseball via broadcast and fishing this afternoon. Hot again today so fishing could turn into baseball and cold beer at the lake thing.

Hopefully someone steps to the plate with updates every now and then

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do what I can. Hoping to mix baseball via broadcast and fishing this afternoon. Hot again today so fishing could turn into baseball and cold beer at the lake thing.

Hopefully someone steps to the plate with updates every now and then

If not then I'll pick it up after the Softball game is over. Will only be in the 3rd or 4th inning of the baseball game.

• Like 1