2023 4* RB Jeremiah Cobb COMMITS TO AU

Zeek

24 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

He can sign during the early period and still finish his high school year. Has nothing to do with early enrollment to my knowledge. 

Gotcha!!

There is no reason to doubt the young man. He says he wants to commit with others at his school after early NSD.  This young man has been Auburn for a long time and has helped us recruit.  Some of you are getting your panties up in a wad for no reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

There is no reason to doubt the young man. He says he wants to commit with others at his school after early NSD.  This young man has been Auburn for a long time and has helped us recruit.  Some of you are getting your panties up in a wad for no reason.

Maybe, maybe not. I'd think most if not all of his teammates would be able to sign early too. We've courted this guy for over a year. Why the holdup? The show is going to be at his signing ceremony no matter who else may be involved or when said ceremony is held.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Maybe, maybe not. I'd think most if not all of his teammates would be able to sign early too. We've courted this guy for over a year. Why the holdup? The show is going to be at his signing ceremony no matter who else may be involved or when said ceremony is held.

Those are so cringe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After guys like George Pickens, it will be a while until I'm entirely comfortable with a commit following through to signing and have no nervousness about it. Fortunately, today makes days like that seem more and more of a distant memory. WDE y'all!

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AUINSY said:

After guys like George Pickens, it will be a while until I'm entirely comfortable with a commit following through to signing and have no nervousness about it. Fortunately, today makes days like that seem more and more of a distant memory. WDE y'all!

I think you have to look at the player. Cobb has always been a straight shooter and his HS has a tradition of all signing on the same day just as he explained.  I never had any doubt on Cobb. As for Pickens I was always worried about him.

• Like 2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, ken woolley said:

Was George Pickens ever committed to Auburn?  I do not remember him being committed. Just as someone that we had high interest in and vice versa. 

He was committed for nearly 2 years….

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He was committed for nearly 2 years….

And was in Auburn the night before assuring our coaches he was still solid. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Tells you all that you need to know about his character. He is a very good player, but he has had issues on and off the field. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, GAAubie said:

Tells you all that you need to know about his character. He is a very good player, but he has had issues on and off the field. 

Yes. As much talent some of those type players have, they at times have even less character.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

He and Yeldon are 2 of the biggest villains. Both royally screwed AU. 
That is why it is so refreshing to see someone like Cobb make a commitment and stick with it despite the pressure. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, GAAubie said:

What happened off the field with Pickens?

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

He and Yeldon are 2 of the biggest villains. Both royally screwed AU. 
That is why it is so refreshing to see someone like Cobb make a commitment and stick with it despite the pressure. 

Let's not leave out Mr. Evans

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1