character of players,,,,,,,

tigerdude

I was thinking back to times before when there seemed to be a shuttle bus between the football team and Lee County Courthouse. Without necessarily naming name,can anyone remeber our recent players commmitting transgressions. Especially in view of what is going on at Tn, etc.....

the most recent I can think of his the LB out of Opelika that was arrested by Opelika Police for Possession of Marijuana and Carrying Pistol w/out Permit. LeMarcus Rowell I think was his name, shame too, b/c I saw him play for a couple of years at OHS when I was a police officer in Opelika. He could have been a great AU LB.

The incident mentioned was,what, two years ago? While I think Coach Tuberville and his staff are a great bunch of men with character, the good things going on with our team and the reason for very few problems is that we have a team loaded with young men of character. I could not be more proud of these fine young men and the fact that they are representing our beloved University. :au:

Travis Williams was talking about it at media days. I am very proud of these guys for having the courage to be REAL men and not go with the flow of college football BS, that seems to get perpetuated every year in the offseason.

I really like this quote from CTT that really sums up how he lays it out to the players.

We have a lot of tough love. They know straight up. I don't put up with a whole lot, because it's an honor and privilege to go to a major university and get your education paid for and play college football. If they don't respect that they doesn't deserve to be at Auburn. That's my feeling.

...and you know that sort of attitude & record has a strong influence on a lot of recruits' parents. Just keep reloading, Coach!

Tubs will tell you himself that the person most responsible for the behavior and attitude of the Auburn players is Chette Williams, Auburn's coordinator for the Fellowship of Christian Atletes (FCA). Part odf Chettes salary must be covered by donations. If you haven't donated, please consider doing so. :)

Honestly I am more proud of the class, spirit and respect that the players on our team show than by the impressive record they have. Don't take me wrong, their performance on the field has been great and I love every minute of it, but I would never want it to be at the price of loosing the dignity Auburn has.

That's one of the REAL reasons it's so grea to be an Auburn Tiger.

It pains me to no end to see someone that is truly a big fan of "DA U" (Miami) or "Free Shoes University". I can't imagine being a fan of such hooligans....

It makes me appreciate how much of a classy bunch our guys are. Now let's just hope thing NEVER, EVER change.....

Archived