The Harsin Question

Malcolm_FleX48

45 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

This isn’t meant to you personally, but I wish all the Harsin apologist would simply believe what there eyes are seeing and ears are hearing. Harsin screwed up close to everything and I mean everything from day one long before the rumor swirled about his off the field transgressions.

This is his third recruiting class, his third time to look at the transfer portal, not to mention possible junior college transfers, and he has been highly unsuccessful at all three! All this happened long before the off the field rumors started.

Yeah, but if we don't have a permanent AD in place by December we may need to give him a third year. Should he leave voluntarily make Caddy interim.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

The difference is, I gave both the opportunity to prove me right. They didn't and I changed my mind.

You and others have never given CBH the opportunity to prove himself one way or the other and would refuse to change your opinions if he did prove you wrong

😂 Harsin hasn’t proved one way or the other? 😂 Another difference between you and me…  I believe what my eyes have seen the past two years.

Edited by AU-24
Add a statement
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, but if we don't have a permanent AD in place by December we may need to give him a third year. Should he leave voluntarily make Caddy interim.

He’ll leave on his own accord is all a bunch of anti-Auburn, media BS! After what we have seen in the past year plus, what average to above average program would want Harsin? 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

😂 Harsin hasn’t proved one way or the other? 😂 Another difference between you and me…  I believe what my eyes have seen the past two years.

The lens one looks through determines their interpretation. My lens aren't smeared in bitterness.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

He’ll leave on his own accord is all a bunch of anti-Auburn, media BS! After what we have seen in the past year plus, what average to above average program would want Harsin? 

Possibly his dream job will come open.. The Dallas Cowboys.... No, wait that was a Gus Malzahn pipe dream

How different would the conversation about our HC be right if the investigation never occurred????? Would fan support be different? Would player support look different? Would recruiting look different? Would his immediate future look different? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

How different would the conversation about our HC be right if the investigation never occurred????? Would fan support be different? Would player support look different? Would recruiting look different? Would his immediate future look different? 

And if any of the answers are "yes", then they need to readjust their lens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

The lens one looks through determines their interpretation. My lens aren't smeared in bitterness.

is it true you are golfs illegitimate son?what would a golf lens be smeared with?

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

We'd still be looking at a coach coming off a losing season, losing a large portion of his coaching staff in one year's time and a notable amount of his roster including his best offensive weapon, a coach who was slow to involve himself in selling and recruiting his program, who failed to make up significant ground in the transfer portal and has surrounded himself largely with Boise State loyalists who are at an immediate disadvantage recruiting the southeast. The investigations made it worse, yes, but it wouldn't be accurate to sum up Harsin's problems at Auburn with that. The guy strolled into Auburn like he owned the place without endearing himself to the fan base or supporters like Pearl did and turned in one of the worst seasons in recent Auburn history. I wish the media circus and stupidity had never happened, but this guy's trajectory hasn't moved upwards much since he got here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Kinda over the edge there, fifty

i have very little filter. but if it makes you feel better my friend i never told anyone when you got me preggers.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

We'd still be looking at a coach coming off a losing season, losing a large portion of his coaching staff in one year's time and a notable amount of his roster including his best offensive weapon, a coach who was slow to involve himself in selling and recruiting his program, who failed to make up significant ground in the transfer portal and has surrounded himself largely with Boise State loyalists who are at an immediate disadvantage recruiting the southeast. The investigations made it worse, yes, but it wouldn't be accurate to sum up Harsin's problems at Auburn with that. The guy strolled into Auburn like he owned the place without endearing himself to the fan base or supporters like Pearl did and turned in one of the worst seasons in recent Auburn history. I wish the media circus and stupidity had never happened, but this guy's trajectory hasn't moved upwards much since he got here.

Spot on. Just made a bad situation worse.

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

That on top of recruiting,  discipline, the staff he'd hire and the buzz we'd have. We had him we getting returns on his salary and stuff the first year off of merch and PR alone. But I'm not going to disrespect the current coach and he hasn't even lost a game this year yet. I just know what I know and sitting between saban and Kirby right now.....There's only one guy who could walk in and go head to head with them. He's the only guy that would legit have them nervous

I’m thinking the same thing.  
image.gif

19 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Well the knock on Harsin is recruiting or lack thereof... Isn't Kiffin behind Harsin in recruiting this year? 

No. As of today, Auburn is 14th (dead last) in recruiting in the SEC. Ol' Miss is 11th. (Rivals)

16 hours ago, DAG said:

People want coach sanders here but do people not get

I don't want Sanders here. I want a qualified head coach and that's something Sanders is not.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Yeah, but the point remains that we don't want to conduct a coaching search with an interim AD, especially after what WDE said about him.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't want Sanders here. I want a qualified head coach and that's something Sanders is not.

So you're in the Freeze camp?

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

How is your lens now? Still a little blurry?

13 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Possibly his dream job will come open.. The Dallas Cowboys.... No, wait that was a Gus Malzahn pipe dream

He’ll leave on his own any day now. Lol

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, but the point remains that we don't want to conduct a coaching search with an interim AD, especially after what WDE said about him.

So you're in the Freeze camp?

Yes, Freeze or Stoops.

On 9/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

There is a lot of panic when it comes to Harsin right now. The question that you now have to ask in order to see where you go from here, is:

If the answer is yes, you keep him.

If the answer is no, you do not keep him.

If the answer is that you do not know, then you have to keep him until you have enough data.

I also have to add that you need to be able to gauge whether he can ever recruit well enough to get that team or close to it.

But for me, I am still disappointed that he has filled our staff with nothing but Boise State yes men. That takes a lot from the recruiting. If he can't recruit well enough for you to ever answer this question then you also must get rid of him.

But...

If you lack enough data then I think definitive answers as to whether Harsin is the future or not cannot be made and moving on now would make this job a pariah. I just hope the board considers this.

Is the data in now?

• Haha 1