9/13/22 Auburn Articles

aubiefifty

49 minutes ago, Aucater said:

Toppmeyer needs to get his facts straight Calzada was on the winning end of a 20-3 score vs Auburn last year.

That was played in College Station as well. Who edits this garbage?

3 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

oh for sure, it wasn't perfect by any means the wr Corp was weak and we lost some big boys via transfer but this idea that our roster was just a "pile of s***" seems dramatic to me.

Take your orange and blue glasses off and look in the mirror and ask yourself why was Gus FIRED!!! look, this program had fallen apart internally and externally this team was competitive last year up until a certain point, this staff had to battle some bad apples that didn't want to work and buy in.

24 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Sorry should have quoted the stat I was referring to. In the article it gives QB completion percentage at 63.9. I believe that is less than TJ’s.

Got it

18 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Take your orange and blue glasses off and look in the mirror and ask yourself why was Gus FIRED!!! look, this program had fallen apart internally and externally this team was competitive last year up until a certain point, this staff had to battle some bad apples that didn't want to work and buy in.

I think the we had a good season statement had a lot to do with it. The 2020 season was very unique. There was know spring practice and an all SEC schedule. Now fast forward that to this year. TJ gets no spring practice and u replace the two cream puffs with Kentucky and Arky . No matter how u slice it that was not a normal season. Then the limitation of fans which makes JHS one of the toughest places to play.

Edited by e808

40 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

In the article it gives QB completion percentage at 63.9. I believe that is less than TJ’s.

64.7%. 1 TD & 3 INTs. Landslide victory.

I read a long thread on Nebraska football forum and saw no mention of Harsin. I did see that somebody on there thinks we are getting Aranda. And they think our job is a crap job that you only take if you want a big buyout after you get fired. LOL.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, eaglenest said:

He is struggling because he walked into a pile of $hit.. prove me wrong?

I doubt i can prove anything to you. People see what they want to see and most of the time they are not interested in changing that view point. I think the program was trending down the last couple years of Gus. So i agree there were going to be bumps as we transitioned to the new coach. But i also don't see where Harsin is actually improving anything. I mean i like the offensive scheme better but i would have liked any scheme better than what Gus ran for 8 straight seasons and is still running at his new location. IMO Harsin is struggling because of 3 main reasons. 

1. Downgraded the QB position. 

2. Failed to improve the OL or OL recruiting

3. Lost both coordinators in year 1 and replaced with his buddies that have very little Div 1 experience. 

There is a LOT more to it than that but to me those are the main reasons we are struggling and none are a result of what he inherited. I'm still hoping he can turn it around. But until he does he'll be looking at a downgrade for his next coaching position. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

good job bird..............

• Thanks 1