Where do we go from here?

tbone4jc

It’s Urban or bust. No other hire would have the impact immediately on the field and on the recruiting trail that he would have. Yah yah yah I know his shortcomings as a person and nfl coach. I simply don’t give a damn. Pay him 10 plus million a year for 5 years and get it done. AU has to for once go big on the initial contract to get the kind of proven coach we desire. That’s how usc got Lincoln Riley and lsu Brian Kelly. Urban is finally enough  damaged goods in the reputation department where he would actually come here. His son in law who is the QB coach at Ohio state is a Auburn and Troy native. It makes so much sense.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Also, the incompetent AD’s offered Smart and Venerables the job but they both said no thanks. Wonder why?

Smart did not say no, it was Auburn not allowing him to coach Bama in the NC game that killed that deal. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Read this bio, then just go make it happen. There is no one higher on my list and I think his name needs to get out there and his interest gauged asap

Todd Monken  UGA OC, has an absolutely amazing history and knows how to turn around a program quick, knows how to win championships, develops qbs like it’s going out of style…it’s a slam dunk.  Pay the man!

https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/todd--monken-/3089

Nope. Not the recruiter we need. Anyone can look great with Georgia talent. He’s in the coach not recruiter category.

You give Harsin another game to prove he is trying to get this right.  If Auburn loses to Missouri, especially if it’s a multi score loss, you pull the bandaid off and start planning for the future.  Matt Rhule in the NFL could probably be persuaded to leave early otherwise you reach out to a couple targets, get a commitment, and name an interim to coach the remaining games.  

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Also, the incompetent AD’s offered Smart and Venerables the job but they both said no thanks. Wonder why?

Yup! I was hoping for Crystobol but no. 
I explained this earlier. The Harsin hire reflects the caliber of a program we are right now. I hate it and I was really hoping Harsin could make it happen but just doesn’t seem like he is. I guess we’ll just have to go get Bob Stoops 😂😂😂 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

You give Harsin another game to prove he is trying to get this right.  If Auburn loses to Missouri, especially if it’s a multi score loss, you pull the bandaid off and start planning for the future.  Matt Rhule in the NFL could probably be persuaded to leave early otherwise you reach out to a couple targets, get a commitment, and name an interim to coach the remaining games.  

Lol it’s over bruh. These kind of threads is our reality until it happens. Harsin sucks as a coach and recruiter. He’s done it is a matter of when not if. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

Some of these names being floated in here proves a lot of y’all didn’t learn anything from the Harsin era. Recruiter recruiter recruiter recruiter recruiter. That is the single most important quality and trait in college football now. There is recruiting in the sec in college football and then everywhere else. And it’s even more important at AU when Alabama and Georgia are not only our biggest rivals but have the 2 best recruiters in the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol it’s over bruh. These kind of threads is our reality until it happens. Harsin sucks as a coach and recruiter. He’s done is a matter of when not if. 

I’m not disagreeing.  I think Auburn comes out against Missouri and lays down.  I’ve said in one thread that Harsin is gone by 3pm next Saturday.  My only concern for the coaching staff is Carnell.  He’s had to deal with 2 crap coaches and has done nothing but keep his head down and do his job.  If he doesn’t find his way back to Auburn I’ll be very disappointed.

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It’s Urban or bust. No other hire would have the impact immediately on the field and on the recruiting trail that he would have. Yah yah yah I know his shortcomings as a person and nfl coach. I simply don’t give a damn. Pay him 10 plus million a year for 5 years and get it done. AU has to for once go big on the initial contract to get the kind of proven coach we desire. That’s how usc got Lincoln Riley and lsu Brian Kelly. Urban is finally enough  damaged goods in the reputation department where he would actually come here. His son in law who is the QB coach at Ohio state is a Auburn and Troy native. It makes so much sense.

MY MAN!!!!! I knew that you would show with a coach firing and search starting. The  board is a glorious place to be in those times! But, please- and I say this respectfully as your long lost brother- DONT COME IN HOT WITH A PLEA FOR URBAN MEYER!!!! He is such a disgusting human I just couldn’t take it; not just a one off riding with his mistress on a Harley but serial instances of behavior that just can’t let me accept him at Auburn.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

My only concern for the coaching staff is Carnell.  He’s had to deal with 2 crap coaches and has done nothing but keep his head down and do his job.

I’m with you on this. Poor Caddy deserves better than what he’s gotten as a coach at Auburn. I guess that we gave him a chance but damn what a mess he’s had ever since

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

MY MAN!!!!! I knew that you would show with a coach firing and search starting. The  board is a glorious place to be in those times! But, please- and I say this respectfully as your long lost brother- DONT COME IN HOT WITH A PLEA FOR URBAN MEYER!!!! He is such a disgusting human I just couldn’t take it; not just a one off riding with his mistress on a Harley but serial instances of behavior that just can’t let me accept him at Auburn.

I’m a disgusting human as well so I am totally fine rolling around in the trash with him because he’s the only hire that would get us back immediately on the field and in recruiting and the portal. I will sell my soul and make a deal with the devil so as long as no one else has to!! I will take one for the team no questions asked!  I mean 2 of the other candidates mentioned the most lane and freeze aren’t exactly upstanding citizens as well!! 😆😅 I’m unlike most Auburn fans because I just want to win and most importantly have fun again watching AU football!! And willing to do ANYTHING to achieve those goals. Anyone but urban would be a letdown for me because I know they won’t be as close to as good of a hire as he would be. But I’m a Auburn fan! I’m used to a lifetime of disappointment!!! Lmao 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’m with you on this. Poor Caddy deserves better than what he’s gotten as a coach at Auburn. I guess that we gave him a chance but damn what a mess he’s had ever since

The worst part is could Caddy end up at a rival school like some of the others. 

31 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Smart did not say no, it was Auburn not allowing him to coach Bama in the NC game that killed that deal. 

Really? Come on man! If you really believe that then you need to remove your O&B glasses 

If it were me...

HC: Grimes 

OC: Dell

WR: Ike

RB: Caddy

TE/ST: Greg Knox

Ol: Alex Atkins         

DC: Muschamp 

DE: Terry Price

DT: Elijah Robinson 

LB:  Thigpen

DB: Zac or Jason Washington 

You want a dynamic recruiting staff with ties to Auburn and the past?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If it were me...

If you can make this happen I will do whatever you want me to do to @augolf1716 I promise

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

If you can make this happen I will do whatever you want me to do to @augolf1716 I promise

The hardest pull, IMO, would be Price. The others would all be possible 

Just now, bigbird said:

The hardest pull, IMO, would be Price. The others would all be possible 

I really miss the DE play we saw back then. Good talent, yes, but coaching……

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If it were me...

I WANT IT I WANT IT

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I don’t understand some of you guys. 

“Who in their right mind” would want to coach at Auburn? I don’t know. Somebody who likes millions of dollars? Someone who wants the resources of a top 15 program at their disposal? Someone who wants to be in the thick of the country’s most fertile recruiting ground? Someone who wants to compete at the highest level at a place that has proven it can reach the pinnacles of the sport? 

Y’all are just intentionally over dramatic. Auburn is a *GREAT* job. But, oh wait. There’s a chance you might get fired for poor performance? Yeah - what a totally unique Auburn problem.

Not trying to cause any drama.  Simply asking who are we going to try and hire?  Who are the realistic candidates that can turn this program around?  It IS one of the top college jobs in the country but we don't have the best rep of being a great place to be the head football coach.