Predictions for the Missouri game

gr82b4au

We will be going to watch.  I’m wearing my new shirt, whether or not it has good luck.  I am that apathetic about it. 😂 I just hope we win so Harsin makes it to the bye week.  We need an extra week to get it together for the last half of the season humiliation.  Poor guys.  I feel so bad for them. 🙁 

• Sad 1

Plainsmen=?
Mizzours=?
I have no idea what the outcome of this game will be. I tend to give Auburn the advantage by being at home, but after that crap-show in the second half of last week I just don't know how they will respond this week, or if Barsin has made adjustments(he surely didn't make any in the second half last week). I think he knows that he is a lame-duck on the sidelines, so really don't know what he will do this week(along with TJ throwing his OLine under the bus). To me right now, this game is more of a toss-up. Mizzou is bad. We will see just how "good" our Tigers are this Saturday.

I don't have a score prediction (other than that it will be ugly) but I will predict that Auburn will cough up the football to the bad Tigers at least once. Not that anyone needs any more ammunition but here's some anyway: Last year's LSU game is the only time under Bryan Harsin that Auburn has played a Power 5 opponent and not committed a turnover. Even better, Auburn's turned the ball over in 13 of Bryan Harsin's 16 total games at the helm.

Our TO ratio after THREE GAMES IS MINUS EIGHT!!!!!!!   That has to be the lowest in the country!!!   That is horrible!!!!   How many teams even have eight turnovers?   Much less a -8 in TO ratio?   When does the law of averages kick in and that number starts creeping back up towards 0?

9 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Our TO ratio after THREE GAMES IS MINUS EIGHT!!!!!!!   That has to be the lowest in the country!!!   That is horrible!!!!   How many teams even have eight turnovers?   Much less a -8 in TO ratio?   When does the law of averages kick in and that number starts creeping back up towards 0?

I have been critical of Auburn and I predicted us to lose by a few touchdowns last weekend. But that was because Penn State was actually a good team. Missouri is terrible. Actually worse than we are. And like us they turn the ball over a ton. I think this is the weekend that we will see turnovers go our way. 

• Like 2

I see alot of scores having AU with 30+ points.  Just curious,  with our QB1 out and 2 rookies next up , how some came up with that number when we struggled to score that much again our cupcakes when we were fully loaded? BTW , I hope I'm wrong,  but I don't see how we score in the 20's

I see two scenarios. 

1. We plug Robby into the offense we've been running and get beat. 

2. We play to Robby's strengths (novel idea, right?), run a lot of option, RPO, and pound them with Tank/Hunter, and win convincingly.

Not sure if our staff realizes that running the zone read allows us to compensate for a below average line, but hopefully somebody lets them in on that secret. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I see two scenarios. 

1. We plug Robby into the offense we've been running and get beat. 

2. We play to Robby's strengths (novel idea, right?), run a lot of option, RPO, and pound them with Tank/Hunter, and win convincingly.

Not sure if our staff realizes that running the zone read allows us to compensate for a below average line, but hopefully somebody lets them in on that secret. 

I believe Geriner deserves a few series. Let him attempt some passes. He seems to be the most natural QB on the team and if he throws an interception or two then it’s nothing the others haven’t already done. I know the O line is awful but you never know what a kid can do until you give him a chance and not with bonehead play calling. 

On 9/22/2022 at 9:15 AM, 3rdgeneration said:

We will be going to watch.  I’m wearing my new shirt, whether or not it has good luck.  I am that apathetic about it. 😂 I just hope we win so Harsin makes it to the bye week.  We need an extra week to get it together for the last half of the season humiliation.  Poor guys.  I feel so bad for them. 🙁 

I’ve been watching a local high school team that is getting their brains beat in every single week and I feel so bad for those kids. You know they are practicing and working hard and they get excited about putting on that jersey and helmet and competing and then a quarter into the game they’re down 21-0…

All those kids I’m sure are excited to play for Auburn and are trying hard to be better and I feel bad for them too.  At the end of the day most will never play pro ball so their college experience will be their lasting memory of playing football.  Hope this doesn’t become 1998, 2008 or 2012. 😩

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I believe Geriner deserves a few series. Let him attempt some passes. He seems to be the most natural QB on the team and if he throws an interception or two then it’s nothing the others haven’t already done. I know the O line is awful but you never know what a kid can do until you give him a chance and not with bonehead play calling. 

Yeah it probably wouldn't hurt to let him try if Robby can't string anything together. 

Well lately, I really don’t enjoy picking AU games, because I am rarely right. I will make just a few points that are actually quite obvious to most viewers. 
1) give Tank the damn ball at least 20-25 times. Get hunter and Alston involved also. This is tank’s last year, so use him as a GOOD coach would. This is beside the O line being poor. 
2) QB- Try and settle Ashford in. Quick slants and RPO more. Nothing wrong with taking a few shots down the field, but just be consistent with the play calling. You have 2 talented but very green QB’s. 
3) the front seven have to control the line more and get into the backfield more. Obviously, this will alleviate the pressure on the secondary. Maybe this is a game to blitz more than normal, but their QB also leads the team in rushing, so over pursuit will be dangerous. 
4) cut down on the turnovers or eliminate them altogether for one game and hopefully cause a couple by Mizzou. 
5) I am sure most have seen the video of Tank gifting the whole team beats by Dre. He gave a very good speech. If this team will follow him and he is given the chance to lead on the field by getting touches, then this could kick start what has been a very lackluster offense so far. AU has talent enough to compete with all but a few of the teams in the conference, so maybe the coaches finally see this and just cut them loose. 

If at least 3 of the above happen, mainly 1,3 and 4, then I think it’s:

AU- 27  MO- 12

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

The Players and Staff VS THE WORLD (WORLD including some so called Supporters, shame on all of you)

Actually it's the players vs this DA coaching staff 🤣 

52 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

The Players and Staff VS THE WORLD (WORLD including some so called Supporters, shame on all of you)

To some on this board, there is no such thing as objectivity or calling things as you see them, is there? It's pump sunshine or you don't support Auburn. I can love Auburn and still recognize that we are not a well coached and prepared team that is going to have a ROUGH year...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Simple Question - How many games into their career were these coaches? I will start. If this board had their way..

Bryan Harsin (3- 1 currently) 16 games into Contract

I don’t know. Honestly it doesn’t matter because Missouri gave us the game. 

Hopefully we can see some kind of improvement in the LSU game. Any improvement.