For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

8 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I listened.

I think it's unfair to say I have a problem with Deion.  I'm just a casul fan who knows nothing about the Xs and Os.  But I have opinions, that tend to mean nothing.

But IMHO, it was clear from his press conference that CU is the right step for him.  Up one rung on the ladder from JS.  His worthiness of the next step will be based upon how well he does at CU.

I hasven't heard any complaints from him based upon this opportunity.

9 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I listened.

I think it's unfair to say I have a problem with Deion.  I'm just a casul fan who knows nothing about the Xs and Os.  But I have opinions, that tend to mean nothing.

But IMHO, it was clear from his press conference that CU is the right step for him.  Up one rung on the ladder from JS.  His worthiness of the next step will be based upon how well he does at CU.

I hasven't heard any complaints from him based upon this opportunity.

Who said you have a problem with him? I assumed you didn't listen because the only way a person would think what he said was bad is if you just read part of a sentence of something he said is the only way to make it bad. 

I don't know what you are trying to say as far as the press conference stuff. We weren't smart enough to hire him and actually try to become a top tier program, we decided to try to play it safe. I guess we will all see how this plays out

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Who said you have a problem with him? I assumed you didn't listen because the only way a person would think what he said was bad is if you just read part of a sentence of something he said is the only way to make it bad. 

I don't know what you are trying to say as far as the press conference stuff. We weren't smart enough to hire him and actually try to become a top tier program, we decided to try to play it safe. I guess we will all see how this plays out

No, you didn't say that I have a problem with him.

Yes, we will see how this plays out.  The outcome for AU and CU isn't certain.

In the end, based upon the criteria of "SEC HC experience", John Cohen made a good hire. 

Deion now has the opportunity to prove Cohen wrong.

There was no Nick Saban or Kirby Smart to be hired this cycle.  But we did OK.

I'm glad I'm expected to livelong enough to see how this all plays out.  It'll be interesting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

No, you didn't say that I have a problem with him.

Yes, we will see how this plays out.  The outcome for AU and CU isn't certain.

In the end, based upon the criteria of "SEC HC experience", John Cohen made a good hire. 

Deion now has the opportunity to prove Cohen wrong.

There was no Nick Saban or Kirby Smart to be hired this cycle.  But we did OK.

I'm glad I'm expected to livelong enough to see how this all plays out.  It'll be interesting.

Right based on that criteria. With that criteria wouldn't matter if Kirby was available because then we'd pass on him. You think it's good we didn't try to hire Deion. I think it was a very stupid move not to. 

I'm wishing freeze the best. Just would have been cool to see Auburn be viewed as A cool top destination school.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Right based on that criteria. With that criteria wouldn't matter if Kirby was available because then we'd pass on him. You think it's good we didn't try to hire Deion. I think it was a very stupid move not to. 

I'm wishing freeze the best. Just would have been cool to see Auburn be viewed as A cool top destination school.

You may be right.  I would have welcomed Deion, but would have had some "prove me" takes, as I have with Freeze.

Freeze has the former SEC HC coaching experience, which is about the only reason I preferred him over Deion.

Hell, if Freeze doesn't work out, then we'll hopefully get Deion once he proves himself at CU.

Or Caddy...

Damn.. Prime got a HC to step down and be his OC. Sean Lewis leaving Kent State as HC to be OC  at Colorado

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffzone.com/2022/12/05/report-kent-state-head-coach-joining-cu-buffs-as-offensive-coordinator/amp/

Edited by Randman5000

12 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Damn.. Prime got a HC to step down and be his OC. Sean Lewis leaving Kent State as HC to be OC  at Colorado

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffzone.com/2022/12/05/report-kent-state-head-coach-joining-cu-buffs-as-offensive-coordinator/amp/

Are you kidding?  A HC is quitting on his team to become an underling to Deion?

Not a shot at Deion, but that coach must have seen the writing on the wall.

If a

5 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

If a

If this HC had been any good, seems like he would have stayed put and proven himself as a HC, instead of wanting to take a chance at CU with Deion.

I mean, who in their right mind resigns a HC job to become an OC?

Answer: someone who has seen that their ceiling is an OC.

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

If this HC had been any good, seems like he would have stayed put and proven himself as a HC, instead of wanting to take a chance at CU with Deion.

i think you’ll find he’s very sought after. Plus 5* flip.

But it is kinda a strange - 24 hrs on the job and he’s actually…. done something 

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

He wasn't killing it at Kent State

11 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Isn't that what Saban and Kirby do? Turn their 5* and high level 4* loose against inferior competition? Now you're faulting the man for being a good recruiter... Last time I checked Auburn got its teeth kicked in by superior talent this year. 

No. UAT and UGA have to recruit full rosters of solid players and they have to beat teams with rosters of good players. Where Sanders has been, all he's needed is a few talented guys because he's not facing top level competition. That a big difference.

• Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Norvell better get to cooking because if Deion does well at Colorado, FSU gonna call, but I would hold out for an SEC gig myself 

Again, I do not see Prime ever coaching at FSU. When’s the last time he’s ever been seen at a FSU game? Last time he tweeted something, anything, in regards to FSU?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WillMunny said:

The truth is, Deion is not yet ready for a pressure cooker job in the SEC West.  He will be one day, but not today.

We are lucky to have Hugh Freeze instead of Deion.  And CU is lucky to have Deion.  And Deion should have not already named his son as the starting QB at CU.  His press conference statements are the best evidence why he was not considered for the HC job at AU.  He isn't ready yet.  But I think he will be ready one day.  When he has learned to coach at a higher level, and without the distraction of coaching his son.

Agreed to an extent. Prime should have handled it more professionally. At the same time, he was advertising to recruits, high school & portal, there are vacancies at all starting positions.

Buffs are horrendous. Not a single QB on their roster could beat out his son. No way Prime would say that had it been AU. The talent disparity between AU and Colorado is night & day. 

He knows since he did not receive consideration for the AU job, it is mandatory he have P5 experience. If I’m him, as soon as I get Colorado to 6 wins, I’m on to a bigger program, even if it’s not a SEC program.

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Again, I do not see Prime ever coaching at FSU. When’s the last time he’s ever been seen at a FSU game? Last time he tweeted something, anything, in regards to FSU?

I said they would call, he would listen but I doubt if he goes there because someone else with a bigger wallet will get him first. Hypothetically speaking if FSU had moved on from Norvell and reached out to him this season who do you think he would have chosen…. FSU or Colorado?

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Where Sanders has been, all he's needed is a few talented guys because he's not facing top level competition. That a big difference.

You omitted taking over this…

2019 4-8

2018 5-5

2017 3-8

2016 3-8

2015 3-8

2014 5-7

and turning it into this…

2022 12-0

2021 11-2

2020 4-3

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

2019 4-8

2018 5-5

2017 3-8

2016 3-8

2015 3-8

2014 5-7

2022 12-0

2021 11-2

2020 4-3

C'mon Viper.  5 loses in three years is terrible.  (yellow font)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Viper said:

2019 4-8

2018 5-5

2017 3-8

2016 3-8

2015 3-8

2014 5-7

2022 12-0

2021 11-2

2020 4-3

Yep. It's amazing how much pulling in a handful of better players to go against lower level opponents can change things.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

I said they would call, he would listen but I doubt if he goes there because someone else with a bigger wallet will get him first. Hypothetically speaking if FSU had moved on from Norvell and reached out to him this season who do you think he would have chosen…. FSU or Colorado?

That's an easy decision, but Norvell would have had to lose nearly every game to get canned. He wasn't on the hot seat like Harsin to begin the season.

58 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yep. It's amazing how much pulling in a handful of better players to go against lower level opponents can change things.

According to many on this forum, he only pulled one guy from the jaws of P5 stardom.

On 12/5/2022 at 8:33 PM, cole256 said:

You think it's good we didn't try to hire Deion. I think it was a very stupid move not to. 

Monumentally stupid to have not tried. 

We were primed for all to witness a systematic destruction of the old guard, the deep booster state, the Sexton controlled puppets and Cohen came in and just totally went deer in headlights mode. Like you said though, hopefully Freeze is successful and I root for his success but my god i am jealous of what could have been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Monumentally stupid to have not tried. 

We were primed for all to witness a systematic destruction of the old guard, the deep booster state, the Sexton controlled puppets and Cohen came in and just totally went deer in headlights mode. Like you said though, hopefully Freeze is successful and I root for his success but my god i am jealous of what could have been.

Exactly how I feel. 3 days and he’s already got 2 premier coordinators. At friggin Colorado with their limited resources. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VegasEagle said:

But some people here seem to think he won't be bringing in 4 and 5 stars.... I never would have watched Colorado in my life before he was hired, but please believe I'll be watching their games next year. And so will a lot of people with no ties to the program. 

• Like 1