For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

The one thing I can think of that would hurt CDS from getting the job would be Jimbo Fisher. 

Jimbo has royally screwed up by showing - yes you can have the #1 recruiting class, but if you do not manage it well you will have a .500 season or worse. 

CDS has to sell the fact that not only can he get us top recruiting classes - which we all know he can, but that he can manage the classes and develop the talent/team chemistry to produce WINS.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 4:42 PM, PoetTiger said:

Deion sees this as something bigger and a much larger impact. He is bringing a lot of positive exposure to HBCU’s along with a much needed economic impact. I know this because I have sat in on two of his fundraising meetings. It would be hypocritical because he is selling kids on coming to HBCU’s vs. traditional powers for a myriad of reasons. He is helping make a positive economic impact to the Universities, and restoring the talent pipeline.

On 9/29/2022 at 5:23 PM, PoetTiger said:

And I spoke with a friend who works at JSU and the SWAC and he said Prime ain’t going no where…so what’s your point? 

On 9/30/2022 at 10:53 AM, PoetTiger said:

I think you are missing the point of what Prime is doing to get JSU and  HBCU’s back to the forefront and more visible for athletes who would have traditionally chosen Power 5 schools. It’s something of great importance to him, and I am told he is committed to seeing that through. If he is comfortable that he has done that then yes I can see him moving on, but what I am hearing is outside of a Godfather like offer, he is staying put. 

jontron-didnt-age-quite-so-well.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Viper said:

jontron-didnt-age-quite-so-well.gif

Just shared info on what he was allegedly saying at the initial time. I for sure don’t feel like I lost something because I was wrong about him leaving but since you were right here is a cookie for you. image.gif

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, NES said:

Glad it’s not Auburn, wish Colorado and Coach well. Just the more I hear him talk, the more he sounds like a charlatan. 

And perhaps, a scallywag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So I literally kept posting that you all were saying that about HBCU's never anything that he said.....but you know this board is it's own monster.

Also hilarious the man who has been helping students since before he even got into coaching is a fraud but will ban everybody and their mother if you didn't give kiffen and freeze a chance lol.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So I literally kept posting that you all were saying that about HBCU's never anything that he said.....but you know this board is it's own monster.

Also hilarious the man who has been helping students since before he even got into coaching is a fraud but will ban everybody and their mother if you didn't give kiffen and freeze a chance lol.

Nothing negative about anyone. He just seems like a charlatan. And of course we all have faults. Whoever Auburn would have hired I’ll support. Thankfully it’s not prime. But I would support him if he was at Auburn. 

3 minutes ago, NES said:

Nothing negative about anyone. He just seems like a charlatan. And of course we all have faults. Whoever Auburn would have hired I’ll support. Thankfully it’s not prime. But I would support him if he was at Auburn. 

No nothing negative at all. Just assuming someone to be a fraud for the heck of it. 

But yeah we have freeze and we get to watch it all play out

Does freeze seem like one?

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some these posts of the meeting with the players are out of context.  I watched the full meeting.  I had no problem with what he said. He was being real. People are playing football, but they are having a meeting instead. Clearly something isn't working. He said he's bringing guys that fit a certain way of doing things and asked the team if they have that in them.  If not, they can hit the portal. He said his son will still have to earn it. No different than any new coach coming in.  He may just present it differently but that's how he gets these guys to buy in.  Watch the full meeting.  Some have their opinions, but I would still be OK if Deion was the coach.  Watch what he does at Colorado.  They will be a player in the new PAC12 for sure.   That being said, I'm pumped to see what Hugh does as well, but I think Deion will show he could have been a success here as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No nothing negative at all. Just assuming someone to be a fraud for the heck of it. 

But yeah we have freeze and we get to watch it all play out

Does freeze seem like one?

Somewhat 

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Charlatans do not go undefeated. 

All good my man, I did say “seem” like a charlatan. If I misspoke I apologize no biggie 

Gotta wear khakis and pull them up to your nipples and look and talk a certain way to not be a fraud and all of that.

That's just so funny to me.  But you gotta fit in. That's why we suck right now. That mindset

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NES said:

Glad it’s not Auburn, wish Colorado and Coach well. Just the more I hear him talk, the more he sounds like a charlatan. 

Yes, I think we are fortunate that John Cohen passed on Deion.

• Like 3

Just now, WillMunny said:

Yes, I think we are fortunate that John Cohen passed on Deion.

Eh I m not, I'm going to support Freeze but it will be interesting to see what Deion does at Colorado. I think he could have pulled even more talent to AU but we will see how it pans out...He doesn't even have to win championships there, he just has to make them competitive, if he does that he will have more offers. I know his ego rubs a lot of folks the wrong way but kids like to play for him and I think he cares about the players, again will be interesting to see how it plays out...

• Like 6

Just now, bishoptf said:

Eh I m not, I'm going to support Freeze but it will be interesting to see what Deion does at Colorado. I think he could have pulled even more talent to AU but we will see how it pans out...He doesn't even have to win championships there, he just has to make them competitive, if he does that he will have more offers. I know his ego rubs a lot of folks the wrong way but kids like to play for him and I think he cares about the players, again will be interesting to see how it plays out...

I really like Deion, and I think he will be an excellent head coach one day.

• Like 3