For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

For all you Deion (definitely not Auburn) fans. Here's your new message board and don't forget to get some CU gear on your way out! S'ko Buffs!

Inside the Herd (247sports.com)

Colorado Buffaloes Gear, Colorado Buffaloes Jerseys, Store, Colorado Pro Shop, Apparel | shop.cubuffs.com

Been nice knowing you guys! Bye now 🤣

They say laughter is the best medicine. @woodford you and @AUDevil almost never fail to leave me smiling/laughing on this board. I appreciate you both, thanks for providing us with great healthcare. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cole256 said:

You can just feel the tight khakis are pulled all the way up in this thread 😂

wouldn't have it any other way!

37 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Based on what?

Just on my casual opinion that he should take a step up from JS and learn more and grow as a HC before going to a cutthroat place like the SEC West.  I think he would greatly benefit from going to a place like CU first.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

They say laughter is the best medicine. @woodford you and @AUDevil almost never fail to leave me smiling/laughing on this board. I appreciate you both, thanks for providing us with great healthcare. 

All fun and games. Some can’t take a joke and that’s ok. I have no ill will against anyone on here. We all share love for this great institution/place called Auburn University and Auburn, Alabama. War Damn Eagle!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Without directly disclosing what was said on the Eagle's Nest, DS's people were very unorganized and didn't know what they are doing when it came to reaching out to Auburn.  He is also getting up there in age.  I want to say he is 63?

It isn't too surprising with how relatively new Sanders is in coaching and I think that ship will right itself in time.  I think Colorado is a great next step for Prime.  If he kills it there then he will be at a premier school in no time.  I think he is a great role model as well.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Without directly disclosing what was said on the Eagle's Nest, DS's people were very unorganized and didn't know what they are doing when it came to reaching out to Auburn.  He is also getting up there in age.  I want to say he is 63?

It isn't too surprising with how relatively new Sanders is in coaching and I think that ship will right itself in time.  I think Colorado is a great next step for Prime.  If he kills it there then he will be at a premier school in no time.  I think he is a great role model as well.

He's 55.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's already landed a 5 star wr to Colorado 😂

I believe he is a 2025 grad year 5 star. We'll see if he makes it there. I was in the Prime camp, but am feeling a little better after watching how things have gone down in Boulder so far.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Just shared info on what he was allegedly saying at the initial time. I for sure don’t feel like I lost something because I was wrong about him leaving but since you were right here is a cookie for you. 

We’re all wrong about predictions. Some of us less than others. But every debate about Prime leaving, your incessant rebuttals consisted of two points…HBCU commitment and he would need a GODFATHER, Jimbo-like offer. Clearly, neither of those mattered to him.

You even said, “I know this because I have sat in on two of his fundraising meetings.” 

Many even said he doesn’t need the money.

Moral of the story…none of us know what a coach is REALLY thinking AND they change their minds just like we do.

That said…a guy with his charisma, popularity and success thrive on two things…fame and money. I’m sure he cared about HBCUs. But his goal of getting a HBCU on the map was completed. A guy with those traits wants to be the very best at what he does AND wants to get paid for it along the way. He knows to get to where he ultimately wants to be, at the mountain top of CFB, he had to leave. Will he ever get there? Maybe. Maybe not. But that mountaintop was never going to be at Jackson St. And it won’t be at Colorado either.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I know...why do I even try...haha

I don't get that. But I only see the stuff on here though

10 minutes ago, Crypto Dentist said:

I believe he is a 2025 grad year 5 star. We'll see if he makes it there. I was in the Prime camp, but am feeling a little better after watching how things have gone down in Boulder so far.

What's went down?

22 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I can just imagine what it looks like behind the pay wall when all mods don't like him for literally no reason lol. I'm sure he's not 63 though

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I can just imagine what it looks like behind the pay wall when all mods don't like him for literally no reason lol. I'm sure he's not 63 though

For what it is worth it wasn't a MOD and it was from someone you trust (unless something has changed).

I was wrong about his age.  He is 55 (DOB: 08/09/1967).

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What's went down?

He has already named his son as QB. I would have hoped an old school coach like him would have said "all spots are open" instead of "there's your quarterback". Also he referenced the current players should hit the portal. I understand tough love, but those guys need to be built back up.  

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It would be interesting to see your thoughts in there lol.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

For what it is worth it wasn't a MOD and it was from someone you trust (unless something has changed).

I was wrong about his age.  He is 55 (DOB: 08/09/1967).

I wasn't talking about any particular info, I'm saying from what I see on here and how people have said and still say stuff that's factually not true and mods like the factually untrue stuff, I can just imagine how anything would be allowed to say about him and without any of the favorite posters checking stuff it's just a go

3 minutes ago, Crypto Dentist said:

He has already named his son as QB. I would have hoped an old school coach like him would have said "all spots are open" instead of "there's your quarterback". Also he referenced the current players should hit the portal. I understand tough love, but those guys need to be built back up.  

That is not what he said.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

We’re all wrong about predictions. Some of us less than others. But every debate about Prime leaving, your incessant rebuttals consisted of two points…HBCU commitment and he would need a GODFATHER, Jimbo-like offer. Clearly, neither of those mattered to him.

You even said, “I know this because I have sat in on two of his fundraising meetings.” 

Many even said he doesn’t need the money.

Moral of the story…none of us know what a coach is REALLY thinking AND they change their minds just like we do.

That said…a guy with his charisma, popularity and success thrive on two things…fame and money. I’m sure he cared about HBCUs. But his goal of getting a HBCU on the map was completed. A guy with those traits wants to be the very best at what he does AND wants to get paid for it along the way. He knows to get to where he ultimately wants to be, at the mountain top of CFB, he had to leave. Will he ever get there? Maybe. Maybe not. But that mountaintop was never going to be at Jackson St. And it won’t be at Colorado either.

Yes I stand by my HBCU commitment because “it is what he told people close to him at JSU and the SWAC”. And yes as the marketing vp for my organization who sponsors every school in the SWAC I heard him say this with my own ears. You are correct maybe he felt the mission was up after winning the title and going 12-0. Also from what like 500K to 5 Mill per year is pretty hard to say no to. BTW needing money and turning it down are two different things, I’m sure you know that.  As the season moved forward and more jobs opened up, the winds changed along with how he may have felt at the beginning of the season. Not sure because only he knows when he decided this is the job was for him…..I’m happy for him, proud of what he did at JSU, and hope he builds something special and dominates at Colorado. I will always stand by what was relayed to me and what I heard him say. I’m not ashamed or feel any kind of way about being wrong. It is what it is. 

Just now, DAG said:

It would be interesting to see your thoughts in there lol.

Judging from how they act out here I'm sure it would be some issue. Just like when I got my warning, sooner or later it would be something like you told somebody lol, there's no need for that you're suspended. 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Crypto Dentist said:

That's not how I interpreted that. As far as his son he said he would have to earn his playing time like everybody else. 

As far as the check the portal part he was saying if you don't think you have to compete it's best that you look for other options right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's not how I interpreted that. As far as his son he said he would have to earn his playing time like everybody else. 

As far as the check the portal part he was saying if you don't think you have to compete it's best that you look for other options right now. 

He was my first choice. If he brings in Charles Kelly it will make him more formidable year 1 than I thought.

43 minutes ago, The Freak said:

He's 55.

The same age at Freeze.  Some of the people on these boards kill me.  The narrative was "he ain't leaving."  Now the narrative is, well "he wouldn't stay" or "he isn't organized" or "he's too old."  Give me a f'n break.

• Thanks 2