For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

7 minutes ago, Crypto Dentist said:

He was my first choice. If he brings in Charles Kelly it will make him more formidable year 1 than I thought.

I feel you. And I'm not trying to get you to change your mind or anything I'm just saying I interpreted what I saw a little different

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Butthead said:

The same age at Freeze.  Some of the people on these boards kill me.  The narrative was "he ain't leaving."  Now the narrative is, well "he wouldn't stay" or "he isn't organized" or "he's too old."  Give me a f'n break.

I've seen Deion's age mentioned several times and never seen anyone mention Freeze's. And you're right, they are only 2 years apart. 

Good thing Freeze isn't polarizing, though!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

I've seen Deion's age mentioned several times and never seen anyone mention Freeze's. And you're right, they are only 2 years apart. 

I think the age thing is not about being too old. In context, HF is 53 and has over a decade of FBS coaching experience. DS is 55 and is a rookie to FBS coaching. Coming off recent amputations due to blood clots, his coaching runway may be shorter.   May mean something or may not. We will see. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

He's already landed a 5 star wr to Colorado 😂

I would’ve been excited about Deion, but this is a 2025 WR. Two years is a long time in the world of recruiting, and it doesn’t take long to flip these kids. That being said, I expect him to get more than a few great players in this years’ class. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I think the age thing is not about being too old. In context, HF is 53 and has over a decade of FBS coaching experience. DS is 55 and is a rookie to FBS coaching. Coming off recent amputations due to blood clots, his coaching runway may be shorter.   May mean something or may not. We will see. 

Yeah I never saw the age thing, I did see the blood clot thing, but ultimately, if his physician cleared him who cares. Moreover, people just need to grow up on this threads. You cannot even engage on here anymore because grown men are too immature to handle that their #1 candidate is either not here or they are unhappy with the current coach. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, cbo said:

He didn’t have P5 experience, blood clots, prime academy, he’s a Sagittarius … always was something.

It was always really about “fit”. That ship has now sailed. All that’s left is seeing the consequences of fit.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I feel you. And I'm not trying to get you to change your mind or anything I'm just saying I interpreted what I saw a little different

I took it the same way.  The tweet in question went out of context and jumped from I bring my luggage with me to everyone hit the portal.  Watching the entire meeting, which can be found on youtube tells a different story.  I liked what he said.  They were 1-11 so clearly something wasn't working.

I don't mind what he said to the kids at Colorado. He's challenging them. Letting them know not to get comfortable. All coaches come in and process kids. At least he was up front about it. I thought he made his expectations pretty clear. You better want it. 

I'm not a fan of what he said about his son, but whatever. 

Deion isn't for everyone, but there are some unwarranted judgments being made in this thread, IMO. I bet he transforms that roster in year one. Personally, I'm looking forward to watching it, and I am so, so, so glad that he's not in the SEC. Would hate to recruit against him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I don't mind what he said to the kids at Colorado. He's challenging them. Letting them know not to get comfortable. All coaches come in and process kids. At least he was up front about it. I thought he made his expectations pretty clear. You better want it. 

I'm not a fan of what he said about his son, but whatever. 

Deion isn't for everyone, but there are some unwarranted judgments being made in this thread, IMO. I bet he transforms that roster in year one. Personally, I'm looking forward to watching it, and I am so, so, so glad that he's not in the SEC. Would hate to recruit against him. 

He put that CU team on notice, he's bringing his luggage which could mean he's bringing some of his own players.  Be ready to compete because every position will be open, if they don't want it bad enough then they need to hit the portal for other options.  a 1-11 CU team needs drastic change, and Prime's bringing it.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I took it the same way.  The tweet in question went out of context and jumped from I bring my luggage with me to everyone hit the portal.  Watching the entire meeting, which can be found on youtube tells a different story.  I liked what he said.  They were 1-11 so clearly something wasn't working.

You saying this makes be realize why it can be different takes now. I watched a video, I didn't think about tweets and people both reading and writing stuff out of context

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yeah I never saw the age thing, I did see the blood clot thing, but ultimately, if his physician cleared him who cares. Moreover, people just need to grow up on this threads. You cannot even engage on here anymore because grown men are too immature to handle that their #1 candidate is either not here or they are unhappy with the current coach. 

Here's the thing, we actually could all move on. But the people who don't even want him will come back and either say or quote something and if it's wrong and replied to it gets turned into something it doesn't have to be. 

Nobody on Earth should have any problem if they say something, have a problem explaining why if asked. That's my opinion at least. 

Somebody say something like I don't like him he's an arsonist...

Somebody reply he's never set anything on fire

Reply I like dion! You can't even mention his coaching experience without being attacked! Now like I was saying I hate him because he commits murders! 

Reply There's no records of murder....

Somebody See! Cole doesn't want to hear anything bad about dion! 

Meanwhile go to freeze thread: I hope we have a good D

Reply: Every body has mad a mistake. Don't judge!

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Here's the thing, we actually could all move on. But the people who don't even want him will come back and either say or quote something and if it's wrong and replied to it gets turned into something it doesn't have to be. 

Nobody on Earth should have any problem if they say something, have a problem explaining why if asked. That's my opinion at least. 

Somebody say something like I don't like him he's an arsonist...

Somebody reply he's never set anything on fire

Reply I like dion! You can't even mention his coaching experience without being attacked! Now like I was saying I hate him because he commits murders! 

Reply There's no records of murder....

Somebody See! Cole doesn't want to hear anything bad about dion! 

Meanwhile go to freeze thread: I hope we have a good D

Reply: Every body has mad a mistake. Don't judge!

Not talking about you , FYI. There is an extreme side from both. Quite frankly , we can’t move on to be honest because there are guys here who are too petty as well. There dudes in here who just because you don’t care to interact with them , will try to argue with you on some little boy stuff or throw passive aggressive comments. It’s weird as hell to me.

• Like 1

So it seems that Deion has already named his son as the starting QB at CU.  Is his son a really good QB?  I'm sure he is.

In my experiences coaching travel baseball, dads do not see their own sons in the correct light when compared to other players.  Myself included.  Once year in 17U, I coached a team for a few tournaments that did not include my son, because he was injured and couldn't play.  Surprisingly, I found it easier to coach the team.  Other coaches expressed the same sentiment when it came to coaching teams without their son(s).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Yes I stand by my HBCU commitment because “it is what he told people close to him at JSU and the SWAC”. And yes as the marketing vp for my organization who sponsors every school in the SWAC I heard him say this with my own ears. You are correct maybe he felt the mission was up after winning the title and going 12-0. Also from what like 500K to 5 Mill per year is pretty hard to say no to. BTW needing money and turning it down are two different things, I’m sure you know that.  As the season moved forward and more jobs opened up, the winds changed along with how he may have felt at the beginning of the season. Not sure because only he knows when he decided this is the job was for him…..I’m happy for him, proud of what he did at JSU, and hope he builds something special and dominates at Colorado. I will always stand by what was relayed to me and what I heard him say. I’m not ashamed or feel any kind of way about being wrong. It is what it is. 

Not saying you should not believe what he said then, but there were wayyyyy too many interviews he gave during the latter half of this season (and I referred to them at that time in this thread) in which he indicated “he would be a fool to not consider it (P5 offers).” Those interviews told me he was 100% gone.

I stand behind my belief that if AU had offered him, he would be our HC. I also believe he will be a SEC HC within 5 years and IF it’s at a Top 20 program (for example, AU, LSU, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee), he will retire there. I do not believe he will stop until he gets to a Top 20 program. 

IF Freeze does not work out AND he’s turned Colorado simply into a winning program, I hope like hell AU will give him that chance.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Viper said:

Not saying you should not believe what he said then, but there were wayyyyy too many interviews he gave during the latter half of this season (and I referred to them at that time in this thread) in which he indicated “he would be a fool to not consider it (P5 offers).” Those interviews told me he was 100% gone.

I stand behind my belief that if AU had offered him, he would be our HC. I also believe he will be a SEC HC within 5 years and IF it’s at a Top 20 program (for example, AU, LSU, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee), he will retire there. I do not believe he will stop until he gets to a Top 20 program. 

IF Freeze does not work out AND he’s turned Colorado simply into a winning program, I hope like hell AU will give him that chance.

Yes, that would be his path to the SEC - proving himself first at a higher level than a HBCU - then moving up.  One ladder rung at a time.  Like most every coach has had to do except Jeff Saturday.

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

Norvell better get to cooking because if Deion does well at Colorado, FSU gonna call, but I would hold out for an SEC gig myself 

Just made a long, long, long post here.  And then hit some key sequence that deleted it. And I can't retrieve it.  Damn.

The truth is, Deion is not yet ready for a pressure cooker job in the SEC West.  He will be one day, but not today.

We are lucky to have Hugh Freeze instead of Deion.  And CU is lucky to have Deion.  And Deion should have not already named his son as the starting QB at CU.  His press conference statements are the best evidence why he was not considered for the HC job at AU.  He isn't ready yet.  But I think he will be ready one day.  When he has learned to coach at a higher level, and without the distraction of coaching his son.

The reality TV display of the team meeting makes me thankful he is not at Auburn.  However that CU schedule is gonna tough for any coach. Best of luck to him and their program 

32 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

The truth is, Deion is not yet ready for a pressure cooker job in the SEC West.  He will be one day, but not today.

We are lucky to have Hugh Freeze instead of Deion.  And CU is lucky to have Deion.  And Deion should have not already named his son as the starting QB at CU.  His press conference statements are the best evidence why he was not considered for the HC job at AU.  He isn't ready yet.  But I think he will be ready one day.  When he has learned to coach at a higher level, and without the distraction of coaching his son.

He didn't already name him. His coaching of his son is actually some of the best references to highlight and show the amazing job he's done coaching. 

People at auburn aren't ready for a guy like him yet, but when we want to win and be a top of the top viewed program we will change

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He didn't already name him. His coaching of his son is actually some of the best references to highlight and show the amazing job he's done coaching. 

People at auburn aren't ready for a guy like him yet, but when we want to win and be a top of the top viewed program we will change

Maybe no team is ready for a guy like him.  IDK.

He's the best ever to play his position in the NFL.  Give him the credit he earned.

He's done a great job as HC of a low-level school.  Give him credit he earned.

He still needs to earn that credit at a P5 school.

I don't think people here are selling Deion as short as you think.  IMHO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Maybe no team is ready for a guy like him.  IDK.

He's the best ever to play his position in the NFL.  Give him the credit he earned.

He's done a great job as HC of a low-level school.  Give him credit he earned.

He still needs to earn that credit at a P5 school.

I don't think people here are selling Deion as short as you think.  IMHO.

Not every person has the same path. You assume he's not ready but I doubt anybody has anything to offer him that he isn't ready for in the game of football. 

But all of that is opinion I was just letting you know he didn't say that since I've seen you mention it several times saying he did. And I also saw you say those phrases is why he wasn't considered, he didn't say the phrases. Anybody that actually listened to what he said wouldn't have a problem with what he said

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

Just made a long, long, long post here.  And then hit some key sequence that deleted it. And I can't retrieve it.  Damn.

No sweat, no one was gonna read it all anyway.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Not every person has the same path. You assume he's not ready but I doubt anybody has anything to offer him that he isn't ready for in the game of football. 

But all of that is opinion I was just letting you know he didn't say that since I've seen you mention it several times saying he did. And I also saw you say those phrases is why he wasn't considered, he didn't say the phrases. Anybody that actually listened to what he said wouldn't have a problem with what he said

I listened.

I think it's unfair to say I have a problem with Deion.  I'm just a casul fan who knows nothing about the Xs and Os.  But I have opinions, that tend to mean nothing.

But IMHO, it was clear from his press conference that CU is the right step for him.  Up one rung on the ladder from JS.  His worthiness of the next step will be based upon how well he does at CU.

I hasven't heard any complaints from him based upon this opportunity.

12 minutes ago, The Freak said:

No sweat, no one was gonna read it all anyway.

OK, thanks.  You relieved me the effort of re-typing it.