If we make a change...

Zeek

14 minutes ago, provibe said:

Do you really believe that Auburn would ever hire Hugh Freeze? 

Almost happened back in the Spring.  Like, reeaallllly close.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yes I think he's the lead candidate right now if we were betting.

Sigh. Well, we could do worse. Much much worse.

Edited by AUwent

22 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I would rather Urban never coach another snap of football in his life.

That’s ok. I would rather win 10 plus games and championships again at AU.

19 minutes ago, far_away_fan said:

Wisconsin about to fire their coach

Already did. 16 million dollar buy out too. Won 9 games last year.

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No offense,  but how do u know this?

Insider on a board that I trust.  Don’t remember where, could’ve been Red on the Donor board…there were more details; I try to keep things vague over here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Insider on a board that I trust.  Don’t remember where, could’ve been Red on the Donor board…there were more details; I try to keep things vague over here.

Ok

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ouch!  And that is after wining 9 games.  Must be other things going on that precipitated the firing.  What I wouldn't give for 9 wins.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That's a lot of cheese. 

Hiring Freeze kind of cements that message to me that this is just about winning. Any sham that this is about student athletes or bettering future leaders is over. The man has a history that should place him off limits for positions that influence students and young adults. Second chances are for people that lied and felt bad about it (Bruce), not someone that cheated, hired prostitutes then continued poor judgement at his next employment by messaging sexual assauly victims while they were suing his employer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Hiring Freeze kind of cements that message to me that this is just about winning. Any sham that this is about student athletes or bettering future leaders is over. The man has a history that should place him off limits for positions that influence students and young adults. Second chances are for people that lied and felt bad about it (Bruce), not someone that cheated, hired prostitutes then continued poor judgement at his next employment by messaging sexual assauly victims while they were suing his employer.

If it was about just winning and hiring someone with questionable ethics and character then AU would make a serious run at Urban and not Hugh Freeze. Aka Gus with better passing concepts.

So, its now Sunday evening and no word.  Do we think anything will happen tomorrow?  If not, it likely means we have another week with Harsin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I agree completely. I have seen too many Auburn fans try and compare other coaches’ past transgressions and it’s a logical fallacy. Freeze has no morals and I know for a fact Dr. Roberts would not sign off on that, even if hypothetically the money people want him. Dr. Roberts has ethics and morals and no way he would agree to let that scumbag come close to our campus…

10 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Ouch!  And that is after wining 9 games.  Must be other things going on that precipitated the firing.  What I wouldn't give for 9 wins.

I completely agree with your last sentence but winning 9 games at Auburn is much more impressive than winning 9 games at Wisky. 

Edited by AUwent

7 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

So, its now Sunday evening and no word.  Do we think anything will happen tomorrow?  If not, it likely means we have another week with Harsin.

I think you should go back to work and let it work itself out…🤭

Freeze or Urban would imply to me we’ve totally lost perspective.  Plus for the win at all costs fans, I question the staff they could even assemble - much the less recruiting.  Plus the scandal/probation risks.

Losing respect for the university (these guys are waaay past 2nd chances), being ridiculed in the media, and wasting $10’s of millions so we can get back to 8-9 wins. 

Have we really reached this point? Dear lord. Go big with Deion, if it doesn’t play out get an exciting up and comer.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I agree completely. I have seen too many Auburn fans try and compare other coaches’ past transgressions and it’s a logical fallacy. Freeze has no morals and I know for a fact Dr. Roberts would not sign off on that, even if hypothetically the money people want him. Dr. Roberts has ethics and morals and no way he would agree to let that scumbag come close to our campus…

Damn, fella, he wasn’t molesting choir boys, he was paying for tang. Everyone is redeemable. You might want to cast off the self-righteousness long enough for Auburn to find a winner. Not endorsing Freeze by any means, but we could do worse.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Freeze or Urban would imply to me we’ve totally lost perspective.  Plus for the win at all costs fans, I question the staff they could even assemble - much the less recruiting.  Plus the scandal/probation risks.

Losing respect for the university (these guys are waaay past 2nd chances), being ridiculed in the media, and wasting $10’s of millions so we can get back to 8-9 wins. 

Have we really reached this point? Dear lord. Go big with Deion, if it doesn’t play out get an exciting up and comer.  

I would put Freeze behind McGee on the want list.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So we can hire one of two coaches, that many others will side eye us on, or, we can hire Deion Sanders and be the talk of the town? Back up the truck and get Sanders please. 

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I would put Freeze behind McGee on the want list.

If you sit here and tell me you want Dell fuggin McGee over Deion or Lane (the 2 biggest realistic candidates imo.) well that wouldn’t suprise me at all with you. You have a one track mind and once you get fixated on something YOU NEVER STFU about it…. Dell McGee though? Really? Sure as a position coach not head coach. Could you be real and get serious for once….

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If you sit here and tell me you want Dell fuggin McGee over Deion or Lane (the 2 biggest realistic candidates imo.) well that wouldn’t suprise me at all with you. You have a one track mind and once you get fixated on something YOU NEVER STFU about it…. Dell McGee though? Really? Sure as a position coach not head coach. Could you be real and get serious for once….

Nope. My top four wishes are Grimes, Kiffin, Monken and Sanders. I have no idea which order though, it would most definitely be Kiffin if OM's recruiting rankings weren't a bit sus, although he's done a great job with the TP.

I'm just trying to prepare for all four of them saying no. If that happens, then McGee, then Freeze, then T-Will (break glass).

Also, what can I say:

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Definitely would agree with having him on staff as he us excellent recruiter. There is a reason he has always been a position coach (RB’s) and running game coordinator, not OC/HC.

• Thanks 1