Harsin Post Game Presser

ScotsAU

They shouldn’t even let him take the podium. The fact that he even coached that game is a testament to how ****ed our people in charge are in the head. 

He should be fired if for nothing more than week after week throwing the players under the bus and taking NO responsibility for any of this.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I was nowhere close to being born but I've heard Doug Barfield's name being used many of times as a terrible coach. It's probably not a good thing his name is now used in the same sentence. 

How much longer until the presser?

49 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Can a fan sneak in and boo? Not the players obviously just at Harsin.  🤣

We need that "5-19" guy from years ago when Chizik got hired. 

• Like 1

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

I was nowhere close to being born but I've heard Doug Barfield's name being used many of times as a terrible coach. It's probably not a good thing his name is now used in the same sentence. 

When my dad was in the fraternity, there was a talent show and they did a song, to the tune of rawhide, about barfield leaving aka hopefully getting fired. Safe to say half the football team was at their house later that night wanting to fight lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

It is disrespectful to Barfield to compare him to harsin. Harsin is much worse and I lived through the Barfield years

Me too. Hardin is so much worse than Barfield was.

12 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

It is disrespectful to Barfield to compare him to harsin. Harsin is much worse and I lived through the Barfield years

Amen.  Doug was a good OC at Auburn just not a head coach at the SEC level.  The thing that sets him apart from Harsin for me is that he is a genuinely nice a guy and he took ownership for the issues with his teams.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

But look at his recruiting!

Yes, recruiting, player development, especially quarterback development, scheme, play calling, other than the win-loss record, the guy obviously has it all together!

• Haha 1

the football program has reached the malaise stage. I haven’t seen or heard anybody in the dept, AD, or admin too bothered by it. So, I can only speculate, there’s a gag order, everybody is mute/emasculated, they don’t understand/incompetent, or this is what they want ( malevolent). There’s one really weak style of leadership that lets an environment get abysmal to clear folks out (vs inspiring and building). Maybe that’s where we are. Sportscasters comment AU football’s offense has no identity. I say the football program has no identity. Absolutely insane state of dysfunction.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

“We called the right plays. Our guys just didn’t execute.

Sorry coach but, if the players cannot execute them, they are not the "right plays".

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Let’s just skip to the end…

“We called the right plays. Our guys just didn’t execute. Blah blah blah.”

Yeah, 9 times out of 10, a fake punt with the speedster Shenker gets the 1st down I bet. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

The common denominator for both coaches is that neither had the benefit of Auburn people pulling in the same direction.  

That matters.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

40 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Barfield was not a terrible coach. He had two weaknesses:

1) an split-support administration and lack of booster support, and

2) P.W. Underwood

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Sorry coach but, if the players cannot execute them, they are not the "right plays".

I’m all for letting the coach go, but you act like there is no fault with the players.   On top of being wrong, it’s just not looking at something with an objective view.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUx said:

Sportscasters comment AU football’s offense has no identity. I say the football program has no identity. Absolutely insane state of dysfunction.

I can remember the last time an Auburn offense had an offensive identity.  It’s literally been years since they’ve had a successful, productive identity on offense.  We’ve been lost in the wilderness even though we’ve been through 2 HC’s and at least half a dozen OC’s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1