Quiet?

auburnatl1

I’m a little surprised how little news or buzz came after Saturday’s thumping. Just some basic speculation and more doom and gloom stuff. I’m not sure what I was expecting but …. something. 

image.gif

• Haha 2

Everyone is numb and over it at this point. Interest in this crap is becoming smaller and smaller, because at this point, no healing can start until the plug is pulled.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m a little surprised how little news or buzz came after Saturday’s thumping. Just some basic speculation and more doom and gloom stuff. I’m not sure what I was expecting but …. something. 

image.gif

What were you expecting to hear? This dude probably isn’t going to get fired till the end of the year. I am more interested in hearing  who is going to be the AD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Yeah, when nobody shows up at the next home game, that will be telling. 

myself and my family will be there, still hoping for SEC win!

• Like 3

We lost to georgia. We always lose to georgia. Sure we got beat down by georgia but that happens pretty regular also.

We are 6-17 against them since 2001. Hard to get people up in arms about something that happens so often. Just kind of expect it now. 

Maybe a beat down by Ole Miss this weekend will move the needle more.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

myself and my family will be there, still hoping for SEC win!

We will too. Love Auburn and support the players. The rest will take care of itself. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We will too. Love Auburn and support the players. The rest will take care of itself. 

I will be there also. Will always support Auburn and the players!

• Like 3

Its just a waiting game at this point.  Its either happening next weekend during the Bye week or its happening the Sunday after the Iron Bowl.  Really not much to report at this point.  Its like a bad trip or eating a gummy thats way too strong.  Its gonna be rough for a minute but the only thing you can really do at this point is ride it out.  Also for the people saying nobody is gonna go to the games you are nuts.  If anything the tickets will be more affordable and people who don't normally get to go will get the opportunity.  Tailgating, seeing friends, watching the eagle fly, hearing the band, walking around town and campus are fun!  If the weather is nice its even better.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The concern I have at this point is a new AD is hired and decides he/she doesn't want their first act as AD to be firing a coach they don't know and have not had the chance to work with. So they give Harsin another year to work with him to see if they can turn things around. 

At this point it would be better to cut the chord now so everybody is on the same page about the direction things need to go when the AD is hired. Realistically that choice is probably not going to be left to the AD anyway but it still concerns me a bit.

2 hours ago, nurbis said:

We lost to georgia. We always lose to georgia. Sure we got beat down by georgia but that happens pretty regular also.

We are 6-17 against them since 2001. Hard to get people up in arms about something that happens so often. Just kind of expect it now. 

Maybe a beat down by Ole Miss this weekend will move the needle more.

This.  Without even looking up the records it feels like GA has owned us worse than Bama has over the same time span.  LSU not quite as bad but these big three seems to have had our number for awhile.  That was another reason Malzahn was sent packing. 

4 hours ago, nurbis said:

The concern I have at this point is a new AD is hired and decides he/she doesn't want their first act as AD to be firing a coach they don't know and have not had the chance to work with. So they give Harsin another year to work with him to see if they can turn things around. 

At this point it would be better to cut the chord now so everybody is on the same page about the direction things need to go when the AD is hired. Realistically that choice is probably not going to be left to the AD anyway but it still concerns me a bit.

This is why the interim AD will do the firing. Then the new AD can come in with a clean slate.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nurbis said:

You have nothing to worry about.  If Harsin isn't already gone then President Roberts will tell the AD that it's happening.  There is no black mark to go on the AD's resume over something like this.

19 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

image.gif

Yes, picked the wrong post game to quit snorting glue.

I'm surprised that a move hasn't already been made at the beginning of bye week.

Anyone with a brain in their head knows that Brian Harsin is going to be fired this year.  Many firings logically occur at the beginning of bye week in college football.

I'm tired of this.  We are all tired of this.  But it's Bye Week Tuesday and Harsin is still wearing an AU shirt.  I'm bummed.

11 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

Our bye isn't until the 22nd I think. Keep the faith! 🤞

Well, I guess I'm as inept as Harsin.  I thought bye week was this week.  I've been doing too much night fishing to remain coherent.

39 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I'm surprised that a move hasn't already been made at the beginning of bye week.

Anyone with a brain in their head knows that Brian Harsin is going to be fired this year.  Many firings logically occur at the beginning of bye week in college football.

I'm tired of this.  We are all tired of this.  But it's Bye Week Tuesday and Harsin is still wearing an AU shirt.  I'm bummed.

I have some bad news......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Harsin will be the coach at AU next year

If you just want to go to Auburn, you should be able to just get tickets handed to you for free off the street while that's going on. 

• Haha 1