Bigsby Near Bottom Among SEC Running Backs in 2022

AUINSY

16 hours ago, Systems said:

When I think of Tank, I think of empty promises (from coaches so he didn't transfer after CBH year 1) and wasted Heisman-level talent (running behind this bad OL and pass-from-behind offensive game plan). I hope he makes a fortune and a great career in the NFL. 

What empty promises?

• Like 1

Harsin should give some of his buyout money to Tank for costing him millions in the draft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

Harsin should give some of his buyout money to Tank for costing him millions in the draft.

They find good ones all the time in NFL. If they perceive him to be good, he will get got!!

Tank doesn’t need another year. I am pretty sure the NFL scouts are aware of who he is. Matter of fact he might be pretty fresh compared to most backs because of such a porous oline.

6 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

as well,  he should be.  He needs to learn how to catch theball,  and hold onto to the ball.  I dont think I have ever watched a RB fumble so many times and keep  his job.

If that’s required of him. He can get taught to do that like Derrick Henry. Tank will be A ok

• Like 1

I'm puzzled as to why Tank Bigsby is such a revered player.  He's certainly a good athlete and running back.  And he is playing behind a suspect offensive line.  But he is not an elite running back, IMHO.

As a student at AU 1981-1985, I watched Bo Jackson PUNISH defensive linemen and linebackers who dared to try and tackle him.  Bo PUNISHED them.  Whether they were blocked or not.  So much so that by the beginning of the 4th quarter, no one wanted to tackle Bo anymore.

Tank Bigsby is not in that class of running back.  He can sure rack up yards when he has large holes to run through, but so could many SEC running backs.

Personally, I favor Jarquez Hunter over Tank Bigsby.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I'm puzzled as to why Tank Bigsby is such a revered player.  He's certainly a good athlete and running back.  And he is playing behind a suspect offensive line.  But he is not an elite running back, IMHO.

As a student at AU 1981-1985, I watched Bo Jackson PUNISH defensive linemen and linebackers who dared to try and tackle him.  Bo PUNISHED them.  Whether they were blocked or not.  So much so that by the beginning of the 4th quarter, no one wanted to tackle Bo anymore.

Tank Bigsby is not in that class of running back.  He can sure rack up yards when he has large holes to run through, but so could many SEC running backs.

I also prefer Jarquez and believe he should be starting over Tank. That said, it is tough to guage just how great tank is w this line and that is unfortunate. He is like a hybrid between carnell and kenny irons type back. 

• Like 1

How quickly some forget in 2020 take was either the leader or close to it with yards after contact. Even last during SEC play Tank carried the load when Hunter went MIA. It’s a lot easier to do things when u aren’t the focal point of the offense. Everyone know that the offense starts and ends with Tank. If Hunter was the main guy he would have a hard time being RB1.

10 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

This is...well....I don't have words. 

First off, you say he is not an elite RB when literally every National person who gets paid for their opinion on CFB player talent agrees he is.  Then you compare him to the best player to possibly ever play the game, let alone the position. Come on. "Tank Bigsby is not in hat class of running back" LMAO. Not many are throughout history.

Then you follow it up by saying his back up is better. Are you trolling?  Why did Quez's numbers tank in league play last year and Tank continued to get his with our putrid OL? The majority of Tanks yards come after contact which speaks to how elite of a RB he actually is.

I would argue that Jarquez can rack up yards when there is a hole there, but the majority of the time when there are 2-3 defensive linemen meeting you in the backfield, I would take Tank over any player in the country. He has proven for 3 years that he is as good as any at making something happen.

edit-Everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless how vastly I disagree. Regardless, Tank has gotten a raw deal here and I hate it for the young man. The selfish side of me pleaded for him to stay when the UGA transfer talk happened, and I am glad he stayed because I hate the mutts, but dang if leaving wouldn't have been the absolute best thing for him. I have complained about his utilization this season as well. Some games he has hardly gotten carries to get going. Hindsight being what it is...I am happy for that. Why get beat up for a poor staff and take a chance of injury. Get through the year and transfer or go pro. War Damn Tank.

Edited by Tigerpro2a