Let's get to the bottom -insider information

Taker

43 minutes ago, Taker said:

Either that or we pass on him/don't consider whatever, Saban retires in the next year or so and he goes to UAT.... now that would be really salty for us

I can almost gaurantee they will never let that happen.

46 minutes ago, Taker said:

Either that or we pass on him/don't consider whatever, Saban retires in the next year or so and he goes to UAT.... now that would be really salty for us

IMO FSU and AU would be most attractive paths for him. For completely different reasons 

Edited by auburnatl1

"Roberts is a methodical engineer who is creating a process at Auburn. "

So your saying is the house is on fire and and the engineer is trying to figure our how to rebuild it before putting out the fire?

The patient is bleeding out but you want to know what other injuries he has before you stop the bleed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Newbomb said:

"Roberts is a methodical engineer who is creating a process at Auburn. "

So your saying is the house is on fire and and the engineer is trying to figure our how to rebuild it before putting out the fire?

The patient is bleeding out but you want to know what other injuries he has before you stop the bleed?

That is why he is an engineer and not a doctor . I will see myself out 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

If more than 4 hours call a medical professional 

“….after parading up and down the sidewalk beating your chest and high-fiving everyone you meet.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArTiger said:

Guys, I’m 75 and been around a lot of AU football and coaches.

1 hour ago, ArTiger said:

I have watched his interviews and seen what he has done and OMG

fff2e2de-b5bb-4a61-8f84-a7f801d7afbf_tex

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ArTiger said:

we have a chance now to get it right!!! 
Deion Sanders can put Auburn football back on the map and cause other coaches and their fans to dread playing AU teams. 

If we pass on him and get grimes or pick a name,  2 early  predictions : 1) he’ll be wildly successful elsewhere and in less than 2 yrs  there’ will be a thread that goes on for 75 pages titled “JABA: we coulda had prime!”. 2) it was a generational opportunity. The next AD will be blamed and won’t survive it. 

Patterns are…. patterns

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 2

17 hours ago, msza said:

I don't care if it's Prime Time or Grime Time as long as we reset the clock!!

Nice.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, AUGoo said:

Who is Hartwell?

This is what I got:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartwell,_Georgia

I find it very interesting that he has been in Logan, UT for the last 6 years.  My daughter and her husband lived there for a couple of years.  To be honest, it is not the most inclusive town, if you are not LDS.  It’s in a beautiful valley between two close mountain ridges and seems idyllic, but it is very hard to connect with people there, because LDS folks tend to only socialize with those from their church. If Hartwell is not LDS, it might be a lonely existence for him and his family.  Hopefully, Utah State is a little more diverse in culture than the surrounding community.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArTiger said:

We have all been disappointed by many, starting with Doug Barfield, then Terry Bowden, Gene Chizik, Mahlzan and now Bryan Harsin. Omg, i was in full support of Harsin at first.

Not to derail, but Bowden won his first 20 games, Chizik an undefeated FULL season National Championship (something Saban has done ONCE) and Malzahn a trip to the National Championship. 

The other two you mentioned are two peas in a pod in they accomplished nothing but losing records. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I can almost gaurantee they will never let that happen.

Lol, well now that bamas license to commit pass interference has been revoked they may be getting desperate 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

.....have a strong feeling that if we don't pursue Prime, he will go to a P5 program and absolutely crush it....and we will regret it for a very long time...

Couldn't the same be said for Grimes though? If Grimes gets his shot and does wonderfully, the Auburn sphere will be ablaze with what could have been.  Since it has been mentioned he "wants" to coach Auburn.

I don't have a preference personally. I feel Freeze on face value would be the most successful even if he comes with baggage.  Auburn is far from being able to get a coach and compete immediately. The portal can turn around a team quick but this isn't an overnight thing at this point. I think Deon would be an ace recruiter but there is no guarantee that it translates to wins. Grimes seems to be the most steadying candidate. None of these candidates are a no brainer and I don't get why others feel their "choice" is. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Couldn't the same be said for Grimes though? If Grimes gets his shot and does wonderfully, the Auburn sphere will be ablaze with what could have been.  Since it has been mentioned he "wants" to coach Auburn.

I don't have a preference personally. I feel Freeze on face value would be the most successful even if he comes with baggage.  Auburn is far from being able to get a coach and compete immediately. The portal can turn around a team quick but this isn't an overnight thing at this point. I think Deon would be an ace recruiter but there is no guarantee that it translates to wins. Grimes seems to be the most steadying candidate. None of these candidates are a no brainer and I don't get why others feel their "choice" is. 

Luke Fickell above all mentioned.

I like Wellbaum for Auburn's next Athletic Director. He has the experience and is potentially a 20 year investment in consistent excellence at Auburn. As for Head Football Coach: I like Freeze or Sanders short-term (5-7). I also like Patterson. Fickle is also a quality candidate and ripe for a change. Kiffin wouldn't be a bad choice either. #Recruit #Coach #NIL #WDE 

23 hours ago, ArTiger said:

Guys, I’m 75 and been around a lot of AU football and coaches. We have all been disappointed by many, starting with Doug Barfield, then Terry Bowden, Gene Chizik, Mahlzan and now Bryan Harsin. Omg, i was in full support of Harsin at first. I thought we had another Pat Dye!. Many many AU coaches have disappointed!

we have a chance now to get it right!!! 
Deion Sanders can put Auburn football back on the map and cause other coaches and their fans to dread playing AU teams. 

I have watched his interviews and seen what he has done and OMG he is a SUPER STAR. He always has been and always will be.

Guys hitch your Wagon to Coach Prime and lets do what ever we can to land him as Auburns next HC!

You're 75, you should know better than all of us how many complete IDIOTS have gotten high profile jobs/positions and elected because they could interview well on camera.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Luke Fickell

Good to great coach it seems but never been in the south. That is supposedly the reason Harsin has not done better. Nobody knows of course, we are all just guessing (some think they are experts, but only fooling themselves). Lol

54 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Good to great coach it seems but never been in the south. That is supposedly the reason Harsin has not done better. Nobody knows of course, we are all just guessing (some think they are experts, but only fooling themselves). Lol

The dude lives like 15 mins from the Mason-Dixon line. It's not like he's from Idaho. Coaching at tOSU is not that different than coaching in the SEC. Urban/Day were/are dominating because they know how important recruiting is to a program's success.

When it comes to football, Ohio is not that different than Georgia or Florida. Sure, they probably don't have as many blue-chip players per capita but come on, t's home to Canton. I would argue it is the most football state in the country besides Texas.