Bryan Harsin Has Been Fired

Tony4AU

33 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

IDK but someone posted here that someone on Twitter was saying it was Bedell that was wrecking the Oline, not Friend, and that Harsin had blocked a lot of recruits Friend wanted.   Whether that is true or not I do not know but Bedell was Harsin’s Oline coach at BSU and he had some problems with his lines there too. Avalos has been dealing with the aftermath of it. 

For now, Friend is officially the OC along with Ike Hilliard so all we can do is sit back and watch.  Some have said he was pretty good at CO State, I have no idea.  

That makes a lot of sense.  I expected a big improvement this year out of the OL and OL recruiting because of Friend, and was extremely disappointed in both.  I was surprised Friend's name wasn't on the list of those let go, but this will be his opportunity to prove me, and a lot of others, wrong about him.

50 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

IDK but someone posted here that someone on Twitter was saying it was Bedell that was wrecking the Oline, not Friend, and that Harsin had blocked a lot of recruits Friend wanted.   Whether that is true or not I do not know but Bedell was Harsin’s Oline coach at BSU and he had some problems with his lines there too. Avalos has been dealing with the aftermath of it. 

For now, Friend is officially the OC along with Ike Hilliard so all we can do is sit back and watch.  Some have said he was pretty good at CO State, I have no idea.  

That information on OL sounds like ridiculous speculation that doesn’t even make sense. Makes sense that he would be calling plays though as he has done it before and probably already knows whole playbook.

9 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

This sums it up perfectly for me but I do hope that Harsin will be remembered in the same way Tony Barbee is remembered. Hope his firing leads to another Bruce-like hire.

image.png

But, we always had a great week of practice!

8 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

That was a decent statement. Proud of him for taking the high road on this. I wish him no ill.  I just don’t think he understood the SEC or Auburn mentality.  I’m sure they thought they could improve on it, but ended up finding themselves very overwhelmed.  It means so much more in the SEC.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

That was a decent statement. Proud of him for taking the high road on this. I wish him no ill.  I just don’t think he understood the SEC or Auburn mentality.  I’m sure they thought they could improve on it, but ended up finding themselves very overwhelmed.  It means so much more in the SEC.  

Well said. I agree with you. 

• Like 2

Had another thought. What happens to the pre-game hype video in which Harsin says, “Just watch”? Do we make another hype video? I’m not sure I can get to another home game this year, but will somebody who does go to the next one please let us know about the video? Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Had another thought. What happens to the pre-game hype video in which Harsin says, “Just watch”? Do we make another hype video? I’m not sure I can get to another home game this year, but will somebody who does go to the next one please let us know about the video? Thanks!

Glad someone else said something about this 😂. Give me a throwback to the 2004 video and just let it ride. No swinging lights. No fake jungle. No players screaming in the camera. Give me Junior Rosegreen, Ronnie Brown, Derrick Brown, Nick Fairley, and Ben Tate stealing souls and Caddy, Kenny Irons, Cam, Carlos Rodgers, and Quentin Goves changing games. Set the highlights to a pump up song and then end it with Takeo yelling menacingly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I read the apologist article from al.com.  I do agree that Harsin had a couple of instances of bad luck along with his missteps, but I don’t see how we could have given him any more time to learn on the job.  

17 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

So.....did Harsin think Boise State was some kind of powerhouse? 

The ego is a powerful drug. Holy crap what an arrogant fool. No wonder his fall was so catastrophic. Literally no wisdom to listen to those with more experience in the league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Just use this

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I read the apologist article from al.com.  I do agree that Harsin had a couple of instances of bad luck along with his missteps, but I don’t see how we could have given him any more time to learn on the job.  

He wouldn't learn anything. He thought he knew it all and refused to listen to those who were trying to educate him. If he'd had 10 years he would be no different. He is incapable of growth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

The one that makes no mention of whiffing on nearly every major priority recruit?  How can you write an article about what lead to the firing without mentioning failing so badly at recruiting? 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Lol Harsin was a savage …..did not like him as a coach here but that made me laugh..

Not someone I want coaching my football team but I would definitely have a spotted cow with him lol

5 minutes ago, Ever To Conquer said:

Just saw the Ford commercial on TV with Harsin driving a F-150 around campus. 😜

Maybe that should be replaced with a U-haul commercial. 😄

👆👆👆now THAT is some funny stuff!!! 🤣🤣🤣

20 minutes ago, Ever To Conquer said:

Just saw the Ford commercial on TV with Harsin driving a F-150 around campus. 😜

Maybe that should be replaced with a U-haul commercial. 😄

He strikes me as more of a Two Men and a Truck guy...

• Haha 1