Pearl win tracker - Unofficially first all time at AU (214 wins/200 official)

Sani-Freeze

5 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

The only quote I remember him saying on record (definitively) regarding his future was at some point early last season when asked about how long he desired to go, he responded with a “I want to retire at Auburn, and for as much effort as I put into what I do, I don’t see myself still doing it in 10 years.”

The post I'm referring to wasn't a quote from him. It was an insider post from a source close to him. 

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

The post I'm referring to wasn't a quote from him. It was an insider post from a source close to him. 

Do you recall the gist of the post?

UPDATE: NVM I went back and re-read what you said. Sorry bout that.

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 1

WIth as much as he talks about making history, I can't see him hanging it up before he gets the all time wins lead at AU. That should be this season and one more at minimu. 

On 11/6/2023 at 1:33 PM, JwgreDeux said:

Bump. Looking at this topic, Auburn's official website has CBP at 173 whereas other sites have hime at 187. This difference is apparently related to the Chuck Person investigation and vacating wins where Purifoy and Wiley played and they were later deemed ineligible. That would have him tied for third with Sonny Smith and still chasing Ellis with 186 and Eaves with 208. 

Yeah maybe I should put an asterisk on it... But I watched those wins and Wiki still counts them so I figured that was basically a bulletproof case for counting them. 

Edited by Sani-Freeze

19 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Yeah maybe I should put an asterisk on it... But I watched those wins and Wiki still counts them so I figured that was basically a bulletproof case for counting them. 

Did we officially vacate 14 wins as part of the punishment with the NCAA? I don't recall seeing anything final on that. 

Apparently we did it quietly

Updated the original post - Pearl unofficially hit 200 with Tuesday's win over aTm. 

Edited by Sani-Freeze

46 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Updated the original post - Pearl unofficially hit 200 with Tuesday's win over aTm. If anyone has info on the officially recognized total from AU (188 or 186?) please let me know. 

Wikipedia says 186.  Coachesdatabase.com says 187.  

I dunno. 

Edited by NCAubs

12 hours ago, NCAubs said:

Wikipedia says 186.  Coachesdatabase.com says 187.  

I dunno. 

I emailed Marlene Navor and she clarified - I fixed it in the original post. Thanks 

Correct. CBP is now officially tied for second most all time at AU and will move into sole second with a win this weekend. Currently, 22 wins away from first all time. 

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

Correct. CBP is now officially tied for second most all time at AU and will move into sole second with a win this weekend. Currently, 22 wins away from first all time. 

Let’s get that all time checked off this year!  Nice deep tourney runs.

7 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Let’s get that all time checked off this year!  Nice deep tourney runs.

We have 16 regular season games remaining. If we win all of those we would get a top 4 seed in the SEC tourney (double bye) and have at most 3 games in it. That would put us in the NCAA field without a playin game where the most wins possible en route to a championship is 6 games. 

If we win every game we play the remainder of the season we could get 25 more wins. 

It is possible we could go something like 14-2 (T-rank prediction) in the remaining regular season, win the SEC tourney with 3 wins and enter the NCAA with 17 wins, needing 5 to tie and 6 to break the all time AU wins record. 

10 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

We have 16 regular season games remaining. If we win all of those we would get a top 4 seed in the SEC tourney (double bye) and have at most 3 games in it. That would put us in the NCAA field without a playin game where the most wins possible en route to a championship is 6 games. 

If we win every game we play the remainder of the season we could get 25 more wins. 

It is possible we could go something like 14-2 (T-rank prediction) in the remaining regular season, win the SEC tourney with 3 wins and enter the NCAA with 17 wins, needing 5 to tie and 6 to break the all time AU wins record. 

Yes!  I’ll take your first and second paragraphs and cbp can have the record with a few games in his pocket!

On 1/11/2024 at 1:50 PM, mustache eagle said:

Yes!  I’ll take your first and second paragraphs and cbp can have the record with a few games in his pocket!

He's still (officially) 25 behind Eaves. So he could still take the unofficial top spot this year but it will be next season before he officially gets to 214. 

• Sani-Freeze changed the title to Pearl win tracker (2nd all time at AU)
  • 4 weeks later...

Now at 194 wins, realistic chance to get to 200 this season with a few post season wins.

• Like 1

• Sani-Freeze changed the title to Pearl win tracker - Unofficially first all time at AU (214 wins/200 official)

Bruce got the unofficial 214th win in epic fashion, beating Florida for the SEC Tournament championship. 

• Love 1

Bruce Pearl’s success may have been the catalyst for the rest of the conference to go all in in basketball.  “Oh heck naw” was the phrase uttered by every team not named UK, UF, or Arkansas.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

Bruce Pearl’s success may have been the catalyst for the rest of the conference to go all in in basketball.  “Oh heck naw” was the phrase uttered by every team not named UK, UF, or Arkansas.

It definitely made the bammers' blood boil. They will never get over the fact that we made a Final Four before they did. 

• Like 1