* Official Auburn vs. Mississippi State Game Thread *

abw0004

28 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

So many positives in this game. 

Team overcame a deficit to take this game to OT. 

Team rallied and coaches adjusted in the 2nd half

Defense held State scoreless for a quarter and a half. 

I don’t think this game would have been that close with Harsin.  So proud of the fight they showed tonight after all that has happened this week, down by what looked like was impossible to overcome. 

Now the coaches have something to build on and time to make their game plans for Texas A&M and they will be back in JHS. 

If we can't go bowling, it would be very sweet to be the ones to knock Jimbo out of it.

Guest MustardSeed
10 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

We signed the #1 kicker and he should be getting a shot especially now that he wouldn't even burn his redshirt if he played every game

He received the same coaching. He may not be any better at the moment. If he is I bet Caddy will let him play. Regardless, if the coverage team does their jobs they don’t score… but that’s too many people to throw under the bus when 1 person is an easier target. 

Our fans are soft . No, SAWFT. It is okay to support the team and provide constructive criticism. Cut this weird family cult stuff off. Yes we played with a lot of grit. Yes there were also some meaningful stuff in this game that had a direct effect in us falling short. Luckily we are primed for better times in the future. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Given the circumstances, I think it’s pretty damn remarkable what this staff did in basically 3 days.  

Took a downtrodden team on the road to a tough environment against an SEC foe with a winning record.  Fell behind and then fought their ever loving asses off and nearly won it.  

I’ve had enough of being negative but if others feel that need more power to you. 

I agree. What Caddy did in 3 days is remarkable considering all the damage Harsin did to this team. He brought them back a long way despite all the drama.

Now there are fans who want to blame the kicker.  After all that's happened...that's really just kind of ridiculous.

• Like 4

Just now, Tigers77 said:

Pun intended? 

Possibly but I am going to tell you , he ain’t for the moral victories. Get it out the system now .

One thing that has been woefully missing this year that showed up to me was actual halftime adjustments. 

Someone tell me when CBH scored 22 unanswered against a conference team, 16 coming after halftime. I’ll wait…

Overall, excited to see the team play with some fight. CCW said somebody was gonna quit, but not us, and he was 100% true to his word. Seeing his energy, interaction with players, and reactions to on field happenings was truly refreshing after the emotional ice cube we had for the last 20 months. 

Edited by banditmwp
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Our fans are soft . No, SAWFT. It is okay to support the team and provide constructive criticism. Cut this weird family cult stuff off. Yes we played with a lot of grit. Yes there were also some meaningful stuff in this game that had a direct effect in us falling short. Luckily we are primed for better times in the future. 

Fixed it for you, since you are such a huge supporter of him being hired

• Haha 2

Guest MustardSeed

War eagle guys. That one was fun. Hate to lose but with firing half the staff between games and getting down 21 (which is expected when the coaching is so bad you fire half the staff mid season) the fact that these players didn’t give up deserves respect. I honestly believe the strange coaching decisions were a coach proving to his players he believes in them…it took some time but they started to believe it themselves. It’s hard to imagine the turmoil these guys experienced this week and to come out and fight the way they did is commendable. In 2012 the team quit. There was no quit tonight even with ample opportunity and the world expecting it. 
IGTBAAT!

7 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

I Missed most of game. What’s the deal with the passing attack? 7 of 22  for 70 yards (31  percent).

Its called having a hot garbage Oline and a QB with absolutely no vision of the field. 

7 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

I Missed most of game. What’s the deal with the passing attack? 7 of 22  for 70 yards (31  percent).

Oline that couldn’t block a bunch of hyped up grandma’s along with a qb that doesn’t know when not to throw as hard as he can.

Just now, AUatHeart said:

Oline that couldn’t block a bunch of hyped up grandma’s along with a qb that doesn’t know when not to throw as hard as he can.

But they played really hard [yellow font]

4 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

War eagle guys. That one was fun. Hate to lose but with firing half the staff between games and getting down 21 (which is expected when the coaching is so bad you fire half the staff mid season) the fact that these players didn’t give up deserves respect. I honestly believe the strange coaching decisions were a coach proving to his players he believes in them…it took some time but they started to believe it themselves. It’s hard to imagine the turmoil these guys experienced this week and to come out and fight the way they did is commendable. In 2012 the team quit. There was no quit tonight even with ample opportunity and the world expecting it. 
IGTBAAT!

I was just thinking this team isn't as bad as 2012

It aint the moral victory you clutch to and brag about a work Monday. It was a turn around in the excitement department. No shame. I aint ashamed. This team aint good. But I had fun with them tonight

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

But they played really hard [yellow font]

Oh sarcasm: I have missed your sweet intoxication. Wash over me like an ocean tide

With Caddy pretty much having at most 3 days  to get them ready I had no expectations. Watching the game yes there were mistakes but it’s his first game as coach what do u expect. We were pleasantly surprised the team played with effort and we actually saw adjustments after halftime. This even highlights more that Harsin should have been shown the door during the bye week. Auburn probably beats Arkansas and MSU with the extra prep time with Cadi as coach. Going on record now Auburn will beat  Tamu and WKU. Call me crazy but I believe there is a possibility even to beat Bama. If Auburn can just clean up the little things and just do what that do well there’s a chance. It’s been a while since Bama has been out of the playoff race this early.

• Like 1