* Official Auburn vs. Mississippi State Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

Even if he made it we still lose. People that make these types of comments owe it to the players to stop following the sport. 

It's not just the missed FG. His leg is so bad that he can't even kick into the endzone. That resulted in a kick off return for a TD and then a long return on the last drive of regulation. If your kicker's leg is not even good enough to do that then he shouldn't be the kicker, IMO.

We signed the #1 kicker and he should be getting a shot especially now that he wouldn't even burn his redshirt if he played every game.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, AUx said:

Well, we just hired an inside guy. Maybe, ... nope. Need Leach to do something stupid to pi55 off the SEC office.

Next year let’s all shoot toy pirate cap guns all game when they come. We’ll say it’s a tradition we have when pretend pirates come to town 

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Not a bad idea at all. Ban those ******* things for good. 

Shug got them banned the first time….need someone like Saban to start bitching about it. 

Edited by AEAugirl

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

It's not just the missed FG. His leg is so bad that he can't even kick into the endzone. That resulted in a kick off return for a TD and then a long return on the last drive of regulation. If your kicker's leg is not even good enough to do that then he shouldn't be the kicker, IMO.

We signed the #1 kicker and he should be getting a shot especially now that he wouldn't even burn his redshirt if he played every game.

2nd highest scorer in AU history coming off the worst coaching experience in AU history. He deserves a break

2nd highest scorer in AU history coming off the worst coaching experience in AU history. He deserves a break

Don’t worry he will be getting an extended one once he graduates from Auburn. 

That’s the most fight I’ve seen in an Auburn team in a while. I was really hoping CCW walked away with his first win tonight. Hell of a game!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Shut up. Just shut upright now. The trash response is yours.

He doesn’t have it anymore. Just like any other player we’ve benched this year we owe it to the team to try someone else. Great kid but not even a decent kicker anymore.

No, no he doesn't. If he can't do his job then he shouldn't have that job anymore. I respect and appreciate what he's done in the past but his leg isn't right. If you are costing your team points and W's and there's a better option then that option should get to play.

I'm 100% certain our freshman kicker could kick the ball out of the endzone so our defense wouldn't have horrible field position all the time.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Felt excited watching a game again, so that was a plus. 

Really wanted that one for Coach Lac

That PI at the end changed everything. He could've been Gumby and still not caught that. 

Special teams blunders really screwed us despite having some big swing plays like when the Miss State punter bobbled the snap, they had more in their favor. 

Robby played his heart out but has obvious limitations

OL sucks and has sucked but I hate Troxel got hurt again. His career is officially over. 

I'm excited to see how Week 2 under Caddy goes

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

He doesn’t have it anymore. Just like any other player we’ve benched this year we owe it to the team to try someone else. Great kid but not even a decent kicker anymore.

Good thing Lazy -Boy recliner fans don't get to make those decisions.....

18 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Yeah, but it could have been a win. This team needed that. 

It would have been a win but for special teams. KOR for TD, bonehead face mask, missed FG.. 

• Like 1

I am sure we all wanted a better ending, but I have not been this proud of our AU Team since the start of last season. Great effort against all kinds of adversity. 
You never can beat the refs in a situation like this, but the Auburn Team showed me what it means to love Auburn. War 🦅 

• Like 2

Next year let’s all shoot toy pirate cap guns all game when they come. We’ll say it’s a tradition we have when pretend pirates come to town 

Maybe this new win-oriented football department will start finding ways to push limits and not just roll over. Nice guys finish last. I'm hopeful for the first time in a while.

Everything Coach Caddy has been saying is gold but this stood out to me. This is the demeanor of a Head Coach. He might not have the experience but damn if people wouldn't want to play for a guy like him.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Given the circumstances, I think it’s pretty damn remarkable what this staff did in basically 3 days.  

Took a downtrodden team on the road to a tough environment against an SEC foe with a winning record.  Fell behind and then fought their ever loving asses off and nearly won it.  

I’ve had enough of being negative but if others feel that need more power to you. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It may have cost us a shot at a bowl, which for this team, would have been a massive accomplishment.

Special teams, not penalties, lost this game 

9 minutes ago, Grumps said:

If we had a kicker that could kick a touchback we would have a W tonight and a Natty in 2013. Oh well. War Eagle anyway!!!

Agree. It's time to move on from Carlson! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Everything Coach Caddy has been saying is gold but this stood out to me. This is the demeanor of a Head Coach. He might not have the experience but damn if people wouldn't want to play for a guy like him.

Just now, Zeek said:

I agree. He has lost what he had the first couple of years here.

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

No, no he doesn't. If he can't do his job then he shouldn't have that job anymore. I respect and appreciate what he's done in the past but his leg isn't right. If you are costing your team points and W's and there's a better option then that option should get to play.

I'm 100% certain our freshman kicker could kick the ball out of the endzone so our defense wouldn't have horrible field position all the time.

There's probably a good reason the freshman isn't playing. This season is not a disaster because of our kicker. He's not the reason we lost the game tonight. All this talk is just idiotic. 

Losing is not ever fun particularly. However, this game showed more character and genuine effort than anything I saw under Harsin since his first day. JMO

• Like 1