Would Somebody Please explain why Neil Caudle is

Shug2003

Perhaps it's my paranoia, but I find it VERY interesting that Neil Caudle, notably one of the top QB's in the nation is only rated #2 by Ron "Homer" Ingram and his cronies who assess the talent in the state for the Bham "Bammer" News.

IF Bart Eddins and Neil Caudle are not two of the top rated players in this state this year, then I would sure as Hell like to know WHO IS? This is an old game the News plays every y ear whereby they come out with a pre-season top 12 and stack it with players they "assume" will commit to Bammer. IF things don't go as planned, they revise it later on when the season is over and things become more clear on the recruiting front. Sometimes they blow it because they simply can't put a finger on where a certain player will or won't go, like last year, although there was some "swapping" going on last year too to beef up the number of top players Bammer got instate.

Just wondered if there were any of you guys who agree with me.....WDE! :au:

Andre Smith is a 5 star OL and is listed as the

#1 prospect nationally at his position.

Bart Eddins is a 5 star DT and is listed as the

#3 nationally prospect at his position.

Neil Caudle is a 4 star QB and is listed as the #12 nationally prospect at his position.

As per scout.com

Thanks Tigermike. That makes a lot more sense since I forgot Smith. It will be interesting to see where he winds up. War Damn Eagle! :au:

Pretty much any other year Caudle would be #1. This year Andre Smith is rated the #2 prospect in the nation. Not at his position, but the overall #2 in the country per rivals.

Thanks Tigermike. That makes a lot more sense since I forgot Smith. It will be interesting to see where he winds up. War Damn Eagle! :au:

172616[/snapback]

Unfortunately Smith will probably end up at bama. He has a cousin already there on the team.

At some point the really good young athletes have to stop thinking about where their cousin might have gone and start thinking about the surest way to the NFL, a high draft pick, a college degree earned in four years and a future after college football. Smith may end up at Bammer based on promises of early playing time, but his surest path to a super size NFL contract in the southeast is wearing the orange and blue.

At some point the really good young athletes have to stop thinking about where their cousin might have gone and start thinking about the surest way to the NFL, a high draft pick, a college degree earned in four years and a future after college football.  Smith may end up at Bammer based on promises of early playing time, but his surest path to a super size NFL contract in the southeast is wearing the orange and blue.

172855[/snapback]

tru dat

• 2 weeks later...
At some point the really good young athletes have to stop thinking about where their cousin might have gone and start thinking about the surest way to the NFL, a high draft pick, a college degree earned in four years and a future after college football.  Smith may end up at Bammer based on promises of early playing time, but his surest path to a super size NFL contract in the southeast is wearing the orange and blue.

172855[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but no way is AU the surest path to a super size NFL contract in the southeast. As much as I despise them, Miami is the SUREST way to a super size NFL contract in the southeast. No two ways about it.

172855[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but no way is AU the surest path to a super size NFL contract in the southeast. As much as I despise them, Miami is the SUREST way to a super size NFL contract in the southeast. No two ways about it.

174250[/snapback]

Regardless, we know its not bama.....signing bonus for the 4 over $50 million....sounds like a super size NFL contract to me.....

172855[/snapback]

174250[/snapback]

Regardless, we know its not bama.....signing bonus for the 4 over $50 million....sounds like a super size NFL contract to me.....

174261[/snapback]

Did not mean to imply that it was bama.....still not sure that I did. AU's first round was very impressive this year....but Miami does it just about EVERY YEAR. So, that would be the surest way, which is what I thought was being implied.

172855[/snapback]

174250[/snapback]

174261[/snapback]

Did not mean to imply that it was bama.....still not sure that I did. AU's first round was very impressive this year....but Miami does it just about EVERY YEAR. So, that would be the surest way, which is what I thought was being implied.

174284[/snapback]

I hate Miami.

:au::homer:

172855[/snapback]

174250[/snapback]

174261[/snapback]

174284[/snapback]

Miami does not, nor does or has any other team EVER put two players in the Top 5 in the NFL draft. No other team has EVER had THREE go as high as AU this past draft.

(Not to mention FOUR)....Nobody. :au:

172855[/snapback]

174250[/snapback]

174261[/snapback]

174284[/snapback]

Miami does not, nor does or has any other team EVER put two players in the Top 5 in the NFL draft. No other team has EVER had THREE go as high as AU this past draft.

(Not to mention FOUR)....Nobody. :au:

174541[/snapback]

Tim, are you sure of that? Back in the 70's & 80's I remember Nebraska, Chocklahoma, USC, Miami and others having some pretty strong classes drafted.

Miami(FL)

Dan Morgan

Damione Lewis

Santana Moss

Reggie Wayne

Bryant Mckinnie

Jeremy Shockey

Phillip Buchanon

Edward Reed

Mike Rump

Andrea Johnson

Jerome McDougle

Willis McGahee

William Joseph

Sean Taylor

Kellen Winslow Jr.

Jonathan Vilma

D.J. Williams

Vernon Carey

Vince Wilfork

Antrell Rolle

Those are first round picks over the last five years. Not entire draft picks, but FIRST ROUND ONLY. I stand by my statement as Miami being the SUREST way to an super size NFL contract. I'm not taking away from AU's putting four in the draft this year, but like I said, Miami does it just about every year.

And I stand by my statement. Nobody has EVER had two members of the same backfiled drafted in the top five.(Maybe I should say rbs.) :D Nobody...ever. :au:

And I stand by my statement. Nobody has EVER had two members of the same backfiled drafted in the top five.(Maybe I should say rbs.) :D  Nobody...ever. :au:

174619[/snapback]

You are absolutely right WT and I will cover all bets to the contrary. If you do like the weekly polls and use the number of the position a player is drafted in the first round, add them up with the lowest score winning, no other school in history has ever had a better first round than this year's Auburn team. :cheer:

Miami(FL)

Dan Morgan

Damione Lewis

Santana Moss

Reggie Wayne

Bryant Mckinnie

Jeremy Shockey

Phillip Buchanon

Edward Reed

Mike Rump

Andrea Johnson

Jerome McDougle

Willis McGahee

William Joseph

Sean Taylor

Kellen Winslow Jr.

Jonathan Vilma

D.J. Williams

Vernon Carey

Vince Wilfork

Antrell Rolle

Those are first round picks over the last five years.  Not entire draft picks, but FIRST ROUND ONLY.  I stand by my statement as Miami being the SUREST way to an super size NFL contract.  I'm not taking away from AU's putting four in the draft this year, but like I said, Miami does it just about every year.

174617[/snapback]

I think you mis-understood....NO team has ever had 2 RB's or 2 players in general taken in the top 5...that's the new "record" I guess you could call it....not the number of players in the 1st round

So, let's see, I can imagine that any rb recruit could be looking at AUBURN because NO OTHER team has EVER put TWO rbs in the TOP FIVE of the NFL draft.

THAT is something to be proud of. NO other team...EVER. :big::au:

Miami(FL)

Dan Morgan

Damione Lewis

Santana Moss

Reggie Wayne

Bryant Mckinnie

Jeremy Shockey

Phillip Buchanon

Edward Reed

Mike Rump

Andrea Johnson

Jerome McDougle

Willis McGahee

William Joseph

Sean Taylor

Kellen Winslow Jr.

Jonathan Vilma

D.J. Williams

Vernon Carey

Vince Wilfork

Antrell Rolle

Those are first round picks over the last five years.  Not entire draft picks, but FIRST ROUND ONLY.  I stand by my statement as Miami being the SUREST way to an super size NFL contract.  I'm not taking away from AU's putting four in the draft this year, but like I said, Miami does it just about every year.

174617[/snapback]

I think you mis-understood....NO team has ever had 2 RB's or 2 players in general taken in the top 5...that's the new "record" I guess you could call it....not the number of players in the 1st round

174780[/snapback]

Actually, it was my post that was mis-understood. I never made the claim that any other team put two rb's in the top five. This is what my argument was against...

Smith may end up at Bammer based on promises of early playing time, but his surest path to a super size NFL contract in the southeast is wearing the orange and blue.

The surest path to a super size NFL contract in the southeast is Miami(FL). Auburn has put 5 players in the first round in the last 5 years. Miami has put 20 players in the first round. Which team do you think you would have a better shot at a "super sized NFL contract"? Numbers don't lie. How this turned into rb's only topic I don't know.

For a uat fan, you sure know a lot about Miami Football. :big:

How many has uat put in the first round?

One.................Bart Starr. So therefour they are the Best ticket to the NFL. :big: If Andre Smith is looking for a Strong FCA Program like he said he is and a Big Ticket to the NFL.........then he needs to look no further than AUBURN............If he commits to bammer, he'd realize it really quickly when Marcus McNeil is taken in the top 10 as the first OL taken in the '06 Draft the same position that AS would've probably played, that he made a Huge Mistake...........Oh yea, and bammer ain't got no Chette Williams either.

Concerning the UATer's draft information:

Personally I don't care to, but typically the UATers tend to enter information that just doesn't check out upon examination. Example: remember last year when the UATer was totally out of bounds with the won loss totals in the series between AU vs. UA? Naturally he had the series looking far better for them than the actual numbers did.

AU's entire backfield drafted in the first round was the first time this ever happened in the history of NFL. The interstate to the NFL runs right through AU. If Smith is smart he will recognize this and avoid that little wide spot in the road in the western part of the state.

You can dig through my post and find things I have posted since joining AUnation. I don't think you'll find any post where I replied with numbers to the AU-UA series. As for my draft information.....go ahead and check it out. You'll find that is a waste of time also. Since this post is obviously being turned into a UA vs. AU thread about the draft, Smith has a better chance at the NFL through AU. AS FOR THE SOUTHEAST/NATION, his best shot to the NFL is through Miami(FL). That is all I said, and all I'm saying. Twist it however you like.

I really think that Tidefan24 is getting a bad wrap here...

Whoever said something about a team not having 2 guys go in the top 5 EVER never mentioned that he meant RB's. At least not until several posts later. I'm not trying to call anyone wrong or right, I'm just pointing out that you changed your story halfway through.

I have to agree that of late, the University of Miami is definitely the superhighway to the NFL at almost all positions. They have had #1 draft picks at almost every position in the last 5 years. By Tidefan24's count, 20 first rounders in the past 5 years, which is an AVERAGE of 4 per year. I don't think that any other school can hold a candle to that. I would be surprised if any other school even had 10.

Although Auburn had a wonderful draft class this year, but it does not mean that we are now the greatest thing since sliced bread when it comes to draft day. If we do it 4 more times in the next 4 years, I will be convinced that it's the case, but not until then. I think that we will by lucky to get 2 guys in the first round this year (McNeil is a shoe in, McClover might be one if he decides to leave early).

Tidefan24 - I think you hit the nail on the head. I don't do it often, but I'm giving my support to the :ua: guy on this one.

WDE :au:

Archived