Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

Guest MustardSeed
26 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It doesn't. "Expects" is just another way to not say "absolutely". The article then goes on to say that Auburn will pursue Freeze if Kiffin does not become Auburn's coach. That's false.  

The claim about Freeze at least proves this writer has zero inside sources at AU…but he could have sources at OM so who knows about the rest

11 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

No, that is called rationalizing.  Principles, nothing to do with emotion.

Rationalizing is telling yourself they didn't win just because they violated your priciples. Priciples don't change history. If you had principles you wouldn't be lying about what happened. The principled thing to do would be to say, "They beat Bama twice, but had the wins revoked." Both statements are true at the same time. You just want to be dishonest by pretending the first part isn't true, which is stupid, especially in a conversation regarding coaching ability. Honestly, this is one of the dumbest conversations I've ever had on here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Rationalizing is telling yourself they didn't win just because they violated your priciples. Priciples don't change history. If you had principles you wouldn't be lying about what happened. The principled thing to do would be to say, "They beat Bama twice, but had the wins revoked." Both statements are true at the same time. You just want to be dishonest by pretending the first part isn't true, which is stupid, especially in a conversation regarding coaching ability. Honestly, this is one of the dumbest conversations I've ever had on here.

Cheating is not winning.  

• Facepalm 4

12 minutes ago, rkristin141 said:

If Lane did sign a contract with Auburn he can kiss his career goodbye. He had it made at Ole Miss and was doing great things there. And No I am NOT an Auburn fan or an Ole Miss Fan...Just wanted to put my two cents worth in because of Auburn's reputation of how they treated past coaches and how none have any real coaching career after they have been to Auburn.

So let me see if I have this straight...if he signs a contract that would make him one of the wealthiest people on the planet for doing what he does, his career is over....HaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....deep breath....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...tears rolling down my cheeks....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now we're all standing behind one coach? Ok.....sort of convenient but ok

My opinion on what coach,  changes daily based on the latest rumor and gossip.  :)

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2

That's what I'm saying. I guess as far as real life that's what it needs to be, just doesn't seem right to be cool with going to all other candidates tell why their view sucks, then when it's the coach the person wants guilt everybody into don't talk about the negative things on this guy shhhhh. 

I don't get that logic

Edited by cole256

I just feel all perspectives should be ok as long as you are supporting your choice with data, logic, etc. 

The whole certain people can question stuff but everybody else can't is wild. 

• Like 1

In reality, we will all be behind whoever our next coach is because we want him to be successful..

I guess there will be the occasional wing nut that will be hoping our next guy fails...

This new AD and prez seem to be working well with the PTB so I’m quite optimistic that they will hire someone that will be successful.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

In reality, we will all be behind whoever our next coach is because we want him to be successful..

I guess there will be the occasional wing nut that will be hoping our next guy fails...

This new AD and prez seem to be working well with the PTB so I’m quite optimistic that they will hire someone that will be successful.

This.  If we don't give our next HC everything he needs, then we might as well just give up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Is the James Franklin thing true?

He has a pretty good record. Already makes 10mil/year though.

Edited by Hank2020

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

He has a pretty good record. Already makes 10mil/year though.

He'll be making 11 million a year once he gets done with using Auburn to get a pay raise at Penn State

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, shabby said:

He'll be making 11 million a year once he gets done with using Auburn to get a pay raise at Penn State

See the source image

• Like 1

10 hours ago, e808 said:

There isn’t nothing false about what I said. I am showing how goal post are moved depending on the person. Kirby and Prime were  labeled as they won’t be at Auburn long and will bolt for their Alma mater when there is not proof. Now fast forward to LK since 2005 he has been at 7 different places whether upgrade or fired. If he comes to Auburn that makes 8. Yes coaches don’t normally leaves Auburn but LK marches to the beat of his own drum. Only time will tell but the stats say within 3 years he would be gone one way or another.

So you will only have to lament over him being the coach of AU for 3 years... you  can handle that. 808

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just feel all perspectives should be ok as long as you are supporting your choice with data, logic, etc. 

The whole certain people can question stuff but everybody else can't is wild. 

^^^^^^^^THIS RIGHT HERE^^^^^^^^^

From what I have seen Noone on this board knows anything more than a speculative opinion heavily influenced by their own bias... 

• Like 1

@rkristin141 If Lane did sign a contract with Auburn he can kiss his career goodbye. He had it made at Ole Miss and was doing great things there. And No I am NOT an Auburn fan or an Ole Miss Fan...Just wanted to put my two cents worth in because of Auburn's reputation of how they treated past coaches and how none have any real coaching career after they have been to Auburn.

I second @japantiger in horse laughing your take... below is for you

Screenshot_20221106_142943.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, shabby said:

He tried the same thing with USC last year but they were clear they didn’t want him. 

Macready says that we're waiting on the game to finish to make an offer out of respect for Caddy. If true, stupid stupid stupid.

Edited by AUwent

Just now, AUwent said:

Macready says that we're waiting on the game to finish to make an offer out of respect for Caddy. If true, stupid stupid stupid.

skepticalhippo.jpg

If Lane is going to sign his extension with Ole Miss, I'd think he would go ahead and do it. Reading tea leaves, I think the longer this drags out, the more likely it means Kiffin to Auburn.  By losing 4 our of his last five, he's taking the sting out of leaving for Ole Miss though.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1

Word is there is push back to hold off until Sunday from AU. But of course it’s ultimately up to Lane if he accepts. Could still be today. 

Edited by WFE12

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Why is that stupid? Especially if you’ve already told the candidate this is your plan.