Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

If Lane is going to sign his extension with Ole Miss, I'd think he would go ahead and do it. Reading tea leaves, I think the longer this drags out, the more likely it means Kiffin to Auburn.  By losing 4 our of his last five, he's taking the sting out of leaving for Ole Miss though.

Probably just how negotiating works in their case…the longer it drags the more chances he has for a better raise…until of course we hire someone else

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

No news is good news...

*OM has offered an official contract LK has yet to sign*

No news is good news...

*Auburn has offered an official contract LK has yet to sign*

Works both ways 🤣

13 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

No news is good news...

*Auburn has offered an official contract LK has yet to sign*

Works both ways 🤣

Not really.  We are holding off until after the Iron bowl.   With the egg bowl over, there's nothing stopping Kiffen from signing the contract extension on the table from Ole Miss..unless he's not planning on signing it. Come to think of it, there was nothing stopping him from signing it before the egg bowl.

• Like 2

Will there be mass disappointment if Kiffin is not named head coach? it seems to me it’s “all in” with Kiffin and if he is not hired then it’s deemed a failure 🤷🏽‍♂️

4 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Will there be mass disappointment if Kiffin is not named head coach? it seems to me it’s “all in” with Kiffin and if he is not hired then it’s deemed a failure 🤷🏽‍♂️

Not for me. I think he’s a good hire and will deliver a solid splash. But I’m okay with some of the other candidates as well. I’m more excited that whoever it is is inheriting a very united and determined fan base to restore order to AU football. A fully aligned Auburn is capable of achieving anything. 

• Like 3

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

So, the hire won't be announced until sometime after the Iron Bowl.

I'm really leaning to Danny Hugh now. He wants to be at AU, knows the area and has a working relationship with high school coaches. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Not from me. I think we are seriously overpaying for him. I'm hoping for someone else. But if we can't get Dabo, he's the guy most of the fans want, and I can't point to anyone else and say he is for sure better.   Kiffen will be quite a ride, I think. The drama will never end.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

it seems to me it’s “all in” with Kiffin and if he is not hired then it’s deemed a failure 🤷🏽‍♂️

It would be a failure, imo.  If AU can't pull a coach from Ole Siss, it's not a good look.  Of course, this assumes AU has even offered Kiffin.  The truth is no one knows anything.

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
40 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Not really.  We are holding off until after the Iron bowl.   With the egg bowl over, there's nothing stopping Kiffen from signing the contract extension on the table from Ole Miss..unless he's not planning on signing it. Come to think of it, there was nothing stopping him from signing it before the egg bowl.

You have no way of knowing any of that. It’s all just speculation 

38 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Nah...we get him it's a clear upgrade over Harsin and the sky's the limit with the resources available to him here. He stays then we avoid overpaying for a career 66% HC who seems to struggle beating good teams.

3 hours ago, shabby said:

He'll be making 11 million a year once he gets done with using Auburn to get a pay raise at Penn State

Explain how we would go about hiring a coach without this risk?

11 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Nah...we get him it's a clear upgrade over Harsin and the sky's the limit with the resources available to him here. He stays then we avoid overpaying for a career 66% HC who seems to struggle beating good teams.

"A clear upgrade over Harsin" is like being the skinniest girl at fat camp.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Heck no. At least not for me 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
17 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

"A clear upgrade over Harsin" is like being the skinniest girl at fat camp.

Agreed 🤣

theres probably around 30 or more coaches out there we’d call a clear upgrade that we could pay 5 million less a year

Sources say an Auburn HC announcement will come after the Iron Bowl out of respect for interim coach Cadillac Williams. Sources expect the next Auburn HC will be either Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze

Jon Sokoloff “Auburn HC announcement will come after the Iron Bowl out of respect for Cadillac Williams”

7 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Sources say an Auburn HC announcement will come after the Iron Bowl out of respect for interim coach Cadillac Williams. Sources expect the next Auburn HC will be either Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze

Jon Sokoloff “Auburn HC announcement will come after the Iron Bowl out of respect for Cadillac Williams”

Sokoloff is doubling down it appears. Auburn side has Freeze with no chance while he says hes the first backup. Someones wrong but Im not sure who it is.

• Like 2

Guys, Kiffin is hell of a hire. Yes, he didn’t win last two games but against Arkansas, Ole Miss put up 700+ yards. And then against Miss State, yes the offense was awful in the second half but I chalk that up to distraction. Kiffin’s the most seasoned and experienced of any Coach out there, and this is coming from someone who wants Deion. Kiffin is absolutely a fantastic hire who will elevate our program to higher levels. He’s worth it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CR said:

Sokoloff is doubling down it appears. Auburn side has Freeze with no chance while he says hes the first backup. Someones wrong but Im not sure who it is.

And the mockery is rich in the comments .. 😂

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
9 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

And the mockery is rich in the comments .. 😂

Dang sure should be. He’s the one that claimed Kiffin had already signed with Auburn. Now he’s saying there’s other choices… and one of those choices is likely the least probable candidate to be hired by Cohen….