Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

5 minutes ago, msza said:

I'm really not thrilled about Kiffin or Freeze due to character issues.

If it's Kiffin, he has handled this situation like a child. 

May be,  but maybe he is keeping his mouth shut under order of Auburn his new employer out of respect of Caddy.     He looks uncomfortable  as  if he is lying to ole miss but honestly does not want to.     Like a POW,  on camera,  at gunpoint saying  "They are treating me great here.  My country is bad."    As if he doesn't have a choice or being forced to say what he has been saying. 

The whole situation is odd,  but I do not think it is all Kiffin.  esp if we are demanding he wait til after the iron bowl to say anything.  If that is the case,  it is an admirable trait, not childish.    But I am just spit balling here. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Dang sure should be. He’s the one that claimed Kiffin had already signed with Auburn. Now he’s saying there’s other choices… and one of those choices is likely the least probable candidate to be hired by Cohen….

Lets see how this plays out. If its neither guy, hes hung out to dry. If it is Kiffin, he may have jumped the gun but hed still have the right guy. If its Freeze hes one of the few who seems to think hes still in play.

39 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

May be,  but maybe he is keeping his mouth shut under order of Auburn his new employer out of respect of Caddy.     He looks uncomfortable  as  if he is lying to ole miss but honestly does not want to.     Like a POW,  on camera,  at gunpoint saying  "They are treating me great here.  My country is bad."    As if he doesn't have a choice or being forced to say what he has been saying. 

The whole situation is odd,  but I do not think it is all Kiffin.  esp if we are demanding he wait til after the iron bowl to say anything.  If that is the case,  it is an admirable trait, not childish.    But I am just spit balling here. 

I don't think it's an unusual situation at all. All he has to say is the same thing every other coach says who takes a job before leaving one: "I'm focused on the next game and am not going to discuss anything beyond that at this time." And then silence. Simple, really.

13 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Kiffin just retweeted a video of the 2013 Kick Six.  😅

I don't do Tweeter so how do you know it's really from Kiffin?

11 minutes ago, msza said:

I don't think it's an unusual situation at all. All he has to say is the same thing every other coach says who takes a job before leaving one: "I'm focused on the next game and am not going to discuss anything beyond that at this time." And then silence.  Simple, really.

it is not common at this point.  UM's  season is over.   check the video in the link above.  Watch his mannerisms and body language when blatantly asked if he will be Coach at Mississippi next year.   He very uncomfortably, but directly answered ,  "yes."      He is asked multiple times.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Will there be mass disappointment if Kiffin is not named head coach? it seems to me it’s “all in” with Kiffin and if he is not hired then it’s deemed a failure 🤷🏽‍♂️

I'm fine with Kiffin, Freeze, or Deion.  I just hope we didn't somehow miss out on all three.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I'm fine with Kiffin, Freeze, or Deion.  I just hope we didn't somehow miss out on all three.

Kiffin....maybe but Freeze and Deion are likely still viable options.  I would take Deion over Freeze though.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

it is not common at this point.  UM's  season is over.   check the video in the link above.  Watch his mannerisms and body language when blatantly asked if he will be Coach at Mississippi next year.   He very uncomfortably, but directly answered ,  "yes."      He is asked multiple times.

The season isn't over. There's still a bowl game.

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Liberty could still come back and offer an increase.

Who cares. I'm only stating that any interest from Franklin or Dabo is fake and a negotiating tool for the school their at Freeze wants to be here and it ain't about trying to make more money at Liberty

• Like 1