Comparing this Iron Bowl bs last years

Eagle Eye 7

So I was just thinking about last years IB and the one coming up. So here are sone thoughts.

First Alabama is not as good this year as they were last year with their two losses and no SEC to play for. I think their QB has suffered from sophomore syndrome. I think most would agree.

Second this time last year AU was on a losing streak coming in to the IB and the team and coaches were shattered . Bo was gone and TJ was hurt and we really had no backup. This year coming in we have two straight wins. Our QB if not great is still better than a hobbled TJ last year. Our RBs are hitting their strides. Realistically I believe AU is a better team today than when they entered the IB last year .  Of course we are playing away instead of at home this year which is bad.

That said I think we have just as good a chance as we did last year when we took them into overtime . I think the team as a while is better both physically and mentally than they were at the IB. So I am picking a “Cam Back” in Tuscaloosa come Saturday 😊👍🦅

Finley could make some throws and our OL wasn't nearly as banged up. We had overall better play at LB and corner and we were at home. When bama had to make a drive to win, it was nearly effortless. 

This season, we're in their stadium and they now have a chance at the playoffs if they make a strong statement against us. I love our new fire, but it is going to be far rougher than last year I suspect. 

1 minute ago, aucom96 said:

Finley could make some throws and our OL wasn't nearly as banged up. We had overall better play at LB and corner and we were at home. When bama had to make a drive to win, it was nearly effortless. 

This season, we're in their stadium and they now have a chance at the playoffs if they make a strong statement against us. I love our new fire, but it is going to be far rougher than last year I suspect. 

That’s why they play the game. 😊🦅🦅🦅because opinions don’t matter. 

I believe bammer has the talent to stop our running game since it's the only thing we can do.  Load the box and make RA beat you with his arm, ain't gonna happen.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I believe bammer has the talent to stop our running game since it's the only thing we can do.  Load the box and make RA beat you with his arm, ain't gonna happen.  

conversely, bammer should be able to throw at will. completions or PI calls. the Dline might be able to win some match ups, but asking for the LBs to make plays on the QB or recievers? nope.

Throw at will? Have you watched our secondary? DJ James may be the best cover guy in the SEC. Slotting Pritchett at CB2 has been a huge step up. Moving Simp back to FS has been a revolution for coverage. Rewatch the game last year. Brian Robinson was by far their best offense. I expect the same for Gibbs and McClendon. Bama should win. They have more talent and home field, but I'll be very surprised if they're able to throw it all over the yard with those WRs against this secondary. Their passing game will focus on backs and TEs.