Barkley's Interview - Deion content

TigerHorn

Did anyone see Barkley's interview on The Next Round? He predicts a "shocker SEC HC firing" and says he knows "for a fact" they're going after Deion. He hints that its ATM, I wonder if they already have a verbal deal in place?

Edited by TigerHorn

6 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Did anyone see Barkley's interview on The Next Round? He predicts a "shocker SEC HC firing" and says he knows "for a fact" they're going after Deion. He hints that its ATM, I wonder if they already have a verbal deal in place?

Didn’t like the way we treated Alan Greene and Brian Harsin? What about the way Alan Greene and Bryan Harsin treated Auburn? Sorry Charles you have no credibility here!

As far as how the national media treat Auburn, what do you expect? They hate us. We do crazy things like still crown a homecoming queen, in the middle of this gender neutral, push craze. The national media hate things like this!

Make the decisions that are best for Auburn, let the mass national media, influenced by BSPN and Al.com bammers, say and print what they’re going to say and just do what’s best for Auburn! BSPN is owned by Disney, hey Charles, how are things working out for Disney? It seems like, finally Auburn is doing what is best for Auburn and a drunken Barkley has a problem with it?

Get a clue bird and War Eagle!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Didn’t like the way we treated Alan Greene and Brian Harsin? What about the way Alan Greene and Bryan Harsin treated Auburn? Sorry Charles you have no credibility here!

As far as how the national media treat Auburn, what do you expect? They hate us. We do crazy things like still crown a homecoming queen, in the middle of this gender neutral, push craze. The national media hate things like this!

Make the decisions that are best for Auburn, let the mass national media, influenced by BSPN and Al.com bammers, say and print what they’re going to say and just do what’s best for Auburn! BSPN is owned by Disney, hey Charles, how are things working out for Disney? It seems like, finally Auburn is doing what is best for Auburn and a drunken Barkley has a problem with it?

You sound like somebody that probably watches too much Fox News. Nobody gives a s*** if you crown a homecoming queen for whatever reason. I’m sure there is some nut somewhere that is upset about it and whatever entertainment you like to be fed and believe as news took the most extreme example and ran with it to get people such as yourself fired up. Works everytime. It’s just not based in reality. It’s way overblown. 

I’m no fan of Harsin. Chuck is right about Harsin, though. “Auburn” never did get behind the guy. Even with full support do I think Harsin was the guy for the job? I don’t think so. That’s not a reason to launch baseless personal attacks on someone and their family. That is a low down way to go about things. He was never going to come back from that.

Edited by Pat Fossum
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

You sound like somebody that probably watches too much Fox News. Nobody gives a s*** if you crown a homecoming queen for whatever reason. I’m sure there is some nut somewhere that is upset about it and whatever entertainment you like to be fed and believe as news took the most extreme example and ran with it to get people such as yourself fired up. Works everytime. It’s just not based in reality. It’s way overblown. 

I’m no fan of Harsin. Chuck is right about Harsin, though. “Auburn” never did get behind the guy. Even with full support do I think Harsin was the guy for the job? I don’t think so. That’s not a reason to launch baseless personal attacks on someone and their family. That is a low down way to go about things. He was never going to come back from that.

Nailed it .Completely uncalled for. No matter his ability or wether or not anything’s thinks he was a fit here Harsin did not in any way deserve that . 

29 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Nailed it .Completely uncalled for. No matter his ability or wether or not anything’s thinks he was a fit here Harsin did not in any way deserve that . 

I'll agree he might not have deserved it, but you also have to agree he did a crappy job in recruiting and coaching prior to that happening. Remind me how we were doing in recruiting and how our games after OM went, prior to the investigation? 

There are some things that may eventually come out about him that could change whether he deserved it or not. AU is not going to talk about them, as I'm sure his severance had a mutual non-disparagement clause. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I'll agree he might not have deserved it, but you also have to agree he did a crappy job in recruiting and coaching prior to that happening. Remind me how we were doing in recruiting and how our games after OM went, prior to the investigation? 

There are some things that may eventually come out about him that could change whether he deserved it or not. AU is not going to talk about them, as I'm sure his severance had a mutual non-disparagement clause. 

Like I said above . He had many short comings as a coach here. Agree with you . The personal attacks on him and his family were bull s*** . Pure ol bull s***. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

WTH did Allen Greene do to Auburn? Harsin was really bad at coaching with the big boys, and as a result was let go.

• Like 1

If you want to know what axed Harsin it was his attitude. Harsin never attempted to be part of Auburn. Look at Bruce Pearl . At anytime he might show up at a dorm with pizzas. Or at any other school function.And during basketball ,volleyball ,football season you can find him in the stands hollering War Eagle with the kids and fans. Harsin for whatever reason put on an air of privilege. As for Greene he made the decision on Harsin over objections of high ranking folks. When you go over the other folks to make a pick you are putting your job and career on the line. Alan bet it all and lost. It happens. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

If you want to know what axed Harsin it was his attitude. Harsin never attempted to be part of Auburn. Look at Bruce Pearl . At anytime he might show up at a dorm with pizzas. Or at any other school function.And during basketball ,volleyball ,football season you can find him in the stands hollering War Eagle with the kids and fans. Harsin for whatever reason put on an air of privilege. As for Greene he made the decision on Harsin over objections of high ranking folks. When you go over the other folks to make a pick you are putting your job and career on the line. Alan bet it all and lost. It happens. 

To even top that...The idiot didn't recruit.  He didn't go to the annual HS coach meeting in GA where every HC goes (if you want to recruit GA).  He didn't go out and meet local coaches etc...dude that will kill you shortly...and it did...if he was a great recruiter do you think we would be looking for a coach?  probably not.  He could have gotten a decent O & D and could have moved along...but he didn't care...it was his highway or bust...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pat Fossum said:

Tons of things I could say but I will just sum it up with two statements.

1. You never told us what your personal pronouns are.

2. Congrats on being in that one percent that think Greene and Harsin were good hires.

• Haha 1