Cohen

auburnatl1

Dabo - Gone. Kiffin - Gone. Sanders - About be gone. All the up and coming elite coordinators - Who the heck knows.  And what we’re left with is the one coach who’s literally been stalking us for almost a year. Because he knew we were the only school who’d even consider him. I expected more from Cohen to end the Jaba. And instead he’s taking it to new heights. Sorry for the grumpiness, this is my last thread. Promise.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Dabo - Gone. Kiffin - Gone. Sanders - About be gone. All the up and coming elite coordinators - Who the heck knows.  And what we’re left with is the one coach who’s literally been stalking us for almost a year. Because he knew we were the only school who’d even consider him. I expected more from Cohen to end the Jaba. And instead he’s taking it to new heights. Sorry for the grumpiness, this is my last thread. Promise.

I do wonder why he pumped so much smoke and crap with a list of 58 items and then he expects people who do care about the program, to believe that Freeze checks a majority of those boxes? Wow? We will see, but are we going to go 0 and 2 right away again with the hiring of a new AD and coach? I sure hope not, but then again, character is not an important trait to all people. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You know Hartwell was likely going to pursue Grimes, right?

Would have been a far better hire. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

You know Hartwell was likely going to pursue Grimes, right?

I remember.  We seem to have gotten totally fixated on the “proven sec hc”.  Losing reason along the way.

1 minute ago, aujohnson said:

Based on no data whatsoever

Based on hiring a guy who is going to be a 24/7 press joke, is around Gus post-13 level in results and will have a major portion of the fanbase against him from day one. 

Grimes is a known recruiter and solid coordinator. Even knowing nothing more, I'll take that all day over Freeze. 

Just now, aucom96 said:

Based on hiring a guy who is going to be a 24/7 press joke, is around Gus post-13 level in results and will have a major portion of the fanbase against him from day one. 

Grimes is a known recruiter and solid coordinator. Even knowing nothing more, I'll take that all day over Freeze. 

He’s never lead a program and there is no data saying he can. I wouldn’t be upset if he were the hire but it’s purely guessing to say he is a better hire. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I remember.  We seem to have gotten totally fixated on the “proven sec hc”.  Losing reason along the way.

For the record I was totally on board with Grimes until two weeks ago.

Edited by AUwent

17 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So we for sure hired Freeze? I haven't seen anything saying he signed a contract. Or are you overreacting to what the media is putting out there?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I do wonder why he pumped so much smoke and crap with a list of 58 items and then he expects people who do care about the program, to believe that Freeze checks a majority of those boxes? Wow? We will see, but are we going to go 0 and 2 right away again with the hiring of a new AD and coach? I sure hope not, but then again, character is not an important trait to all people. 

What's going to be really insult to injury is when Cohen gives this guy a huge contract to put extra lipstick on the pig. We probably could have got him for a relative pittance back before the season started. 

1 minute ago, aucom96 said:

What's going to be really insult to injury is when Cohen gives this guy a huge contract to put extra lipstick on the pig. We probably could have got him for a relative pittance back before the season started. 

It gets better. Don’t forget Freeze signed a contract extension a month ago. 

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Thamel at ESPN is also saying Auburn and Freeze have been in talks for many weeks and have talked money and years the past week. 

But ESPN also reported Hugh Freeze signed an 8 year, $40 million dollar extension at Liberty on October 28th, 2022. Do you really think Auburn was in talks with Freeze several weeks ago when he signed that extension 4 weeks ago? 

One thing we know is fact; Freeze signed an 8 year deal on Oct. 28th to stay at Liberty. One thing isn't proven fact and that's that we have been talking to him for weeks and are going to hire him after the Iron Bowl. 

14 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

So we for sure hired Freeze? I haven't seen anything saying he signed a contract. Or are you overreacting to what the media is putting out there?

Yeah a complete meltdown…some of us need to go take a nap.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Isn’t that what tends to happen. Lock him up ahead of time or after one good year and then pay him to leave 3 to 5 down the road. I so hope I am wrong about Freeze, but if he’s actually hired, then I will begin to wonder about Cohen. I mean honestly, did he make Miss State great in athletics? I’m just asking, because while football drives most bigger universities, AU is now a top 20 BB program or better, a top gymnastics program and just had a great baseball season, even being picked to be awful. Why can this school not find a worthy football coach anymore? It dumbfounds me. 

57 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

TWO WORDS and BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THIS... JIMMY SEXTON. You had a choice of two, when Mr. 58 opened the desk drawer and found Uncle Jimmy's Digits.

7 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Isn’t that what tends to happen. Lock him up ahead of time or after one good year and then pay him to leave 3 to 5 down the road. I so hope I am wrong about Freeze, but if he’s actually hired, then I will begin to wonder about Cohen. I mean honestly, did he make Miss State great in athletics? I’m just asking, because while football drives most bigger universities, AU is now a top 20 BB program or better, a top gymnastics program and just had a great baseball season, even being picked to be awful. Why can this school not find a worthy football coach anymore? It dumbfounds me. 

No. Cohen did not make msu great in athletics.

• Thanks 1

Bottom line is we missed on our top prospect in Kiffin and now our scrambling. 

Given the last search and who we were shooting for and who we ended up with Im a bit concerned about where things stand 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

Bottom line is we missed on our top prospect in Kiffin and now our scrambling. 

Given the last search and who we were shooting for and who we ended up with Im a bit concerned about where things stand 

Legitimate opinion. 👍🏼

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Cohen will not be allowed to hire Freeze.

I like how Colorado's AD is handling things, all in the news that they offered Deion-- whether they get him or not their fans know they have an ad who is subverting the norms and trying to make boss moves. Feels like we are being finessed by Sexton left and right but I will wait and see who we hire before slinging to much napalm.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi