Who will be the coordinators for CHF? Position coaches?

GAAubie

• GAAubie changed the title to Who will be the coordinators for CHF? Position coaches?

Should be a fun discussion.   Who do you think CHF hires on his staff?

I think it’s all but confirmed CCW will stay on, probably RBs and AHC.  
CHF has been around and knows a lot of good coaches.   I think he’ll bring in a very good staff.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Should be a fun discussion.   Who do you think CHF hires on his staff?

I think it’s all but confirmed CCW will stay on, probably RBs and AHC.  
CHF has been around and knows a lot of good coaches.   I think he’ll bring in a very good staff.  

Mcgriff worked for him b4 as DC. Longo as OC

Just now, shabby said:

Since Freeze will be calling the plays I think promoting Cadillac to offensive coordinator would be a smart choice

And head coach in waiting. He can learn on the job and be prepared to step in if Danny Hugh screws up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Since Freeze will be calling the plays I think promoting Cadillac to offensive coordinator would be a smart choice

I don’t agree here. Love Caddy as RB coach. Too limited in his Offensive relationships. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

I wonder if Caddy stays??? There should be a lot of interest in him from other programs 

Already being reported he is staying.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CentralFLtiger said:

And head coach in waiting. He can learn on the job and be prepared to step in if Danny Hugh screws up.

I think if we don’t keep DB coach as Asst. HC he will move on.

4 minutes ago, CentralFLtiger said:

Those head coach in waiting deals never seem to go well….at least none that I can remember 

If his offense is going to be high octane and put up a lot of points, you better have a very solid defense.  I would say along the same thinking had Lane got the job.  You can't hope to outscore everyone.  Your defense should at least be able to hold SEC opponents under 21 points.  All other opponents should be under 14 points.  Knowing that your defense will likely be on the field more with such an offense, they must be sound tacklers.  They can't miss initial tackles.  Hire a defensive coordinator that is going to be aggressive and teach/expect a dog attitude out of everyone  (think Muschamp or Pruitt defenses).  Offense begins with the line.  Need to fill it with bulldozers.  What I wouldn't give to have a line that allowed as much time as Bryce Young had last week.  Possibilities would be endless.  Let's see what he comes up with.

Like others have mentioned......Caddy as OC/AC is ideal since HF will be calling the plays.  Matt Luke out of retirement to coach the OL.  Not sure who would be good as the DC.  I doubt a Muschamp or Pruitt would come here, so beyond that, I really don't know.  He must be a good one though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t agree here. Love Caddy as RB coach. Too limited in his Offensive relationships. 

I agree. We still need dynamic and energetic position coaches and no one fits that description better than CCW!

• Like 1

We really need a top notch DL coach on top of a solid DC. You can’t win titles without NFL talent up front or on the edges imo

Tray Scott at Georgia? Looks like he was on Freeze’s staff at Arkansas State. 

Edited by woodford

When do you think we will hear who his staff will be?  Surely, he has been working in hyper speed since getting the news, knowing that time is crucial.  Would it be to his advantage to get that information out to recruits and possible transfers prior to Dec. 5 or does that really matter much?  Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

When do you think we will hear who his staff will be?  Surely, he has been working in hyper speed since getting the news, knowing that time is crucial.  Would it be to his advantage to get that information out to recruits and possible transfers prior to Dec. 5 or does that really matter much?  Thoughts?

Sure the underneath scenes people know. Probably won't hear much till after the presser.

Here is what I have heard: 

1) although we all want Matt Luke, he is not coming out of retirement according to someone very close to him

2) we are not going after muschamp or Patterson for dc 

3) caddy and Zac are supposedly staying 

4) at DC the names are B Odom, T Will, Charles Kelly, Chris Kiffin. Etc etc 

2 hours ago, shabby said:

Maybe just start out as Run game coordinator/associate head coach. Once he learns the whole offense, then promote to OC. That way he gets an automatic promotion/raise, but also gives room to grow.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Pleaase no on CWM, or as I call him Coach Menstural Cramp has run his course here, been here what twice and bolted so fast we got whip-lash

I dont think head coaching jobs are in his future for awhile. I'd like to see him back. Woukd be an amazing get if he had any interest

28 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Pleaase no on CWM, or as I call him Coach Menstural Cramp has run his course here, been here what twice and bolted so fast we got whip-lash

I am over him too.