Auburn Live: Staff Updates & Transfer Portal Offers

aubiefifty

3 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Not Cohen. Dude done us DIRTY in HS. 

We need to show him why he made the wrong choice to begin with. Bring him in! 

25 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

We need O-Line in the worst way. So we can’t be picky, but I get the thought process. I am not to keen on somebody that strung us along for a year. Just to drop us at the last minute, and to go to our rival.

I would be absolutely fine if we told him no thanks. Just not sure we are in any position to tell any O-lineman “no thanks”. 

That is a travesty!!

From reading this article, I doubt he would have the nerve to consider if we offeredl 

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2019/12/11/4-star-central-phenix-city-offensive-tackle-javion-cohen-flips-commitment-auburn-alabama-recruiting/4404231002/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TXaubie said:

We need O-Line in the worst way. So we can’t be picky, but I get the thought process. I am not to keen on somebody that strung us along for a year. Just to drop us at the last minute, and to go to our rival.

I would be absolutely fine if we told him no thanks. Just not sure we are in any position to tell any O-lineman “no thanks”. 

That is a travesty!!

We as fans have no idea what went on behind the scenes at that time.  If our coaches want him (particularly in a dire position of need) then they know best.  And I'm fine with their decisions.

45 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

If available ,will CHF go after a QB in the portal that will be the favorite to start in 2023? Has Robby shown enough to not do this? 

What about Holden, he isn't getting much mention. I say bring someone in with an open competition

• Like 2

4 hours ago, beagle34 said:

If available ,will CHF go after a QB in the portal that will be the favorite to start in 2023? Has Robby shown enough to not do this? 

I believe he will bring in an experienced QB if he can. 

4 hours ago, beagle34 said:

It would be foolish not to. If I were Freeze I would identify 2/3 QBs from the portal that fit what I want and go after them. If it doesn’t work then pick up a decent backup in the spring and focus on Greiner and Ashford 

• Like 1