Freeze's Staff

Potatooooooes!!

14 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I’m 100% convinced that we should’ve hired Freeze after we fired Malzahn. Freeze with that coaching staff would’ve been 🔥 

I have always believed that was basically what the PTB wanted to accomplish with Steele.  Hire Freeze as OC and, ultimately replace Steele or, Steele was just a placeholder until the heat was off Freeze as HC.

20 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I have always believed that was basically what the PTB wanted to accomplish with Steele.  Hire Freeze as OC and, ultimately replace Steele or, Steele was just a placeholder until the heat was off Freeze as HC.

In retrospect that sure would have been a better plan than the disaster that was harsin.

9 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

In retrospect that sure would have been a better plan than the disaster that was harsin.

Amazing. It truly is amazing how bad Harsin was at Auburn. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

I don’t think it’s as much of being impatient but it’s more about being confused as to the fact that assistant’s are being hired and announced and not coordinators.

Also, there is a time urgency in play like it or not with regards to recruiting. Recruiting is still based on relationships.  So the longer we don’t have the coaching staff in place the more detrimental it is to landing recruits. 

Its not like we dont have guys out recruiting. If you dont have coaching spots filled, off the field guys get on the road. Id take Trovon recruiting over most on the field coaches. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Its not like we dont have guys out recruiting. If you dont have coaching spots filled, off the field guys get on the road. Id take Trovon recruiting over most on the field coaches. 

With hiring coordinators, have to wait for head coaching hires to wash out.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Amazing. It truly is amazing how bad Harsin was at Auburn. 

So true. Of course, it was an unfortunate hire for Harsin’s sake and even more so for Auburn’s sake. 
Hoping for better times in the near future.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

So Coach Freeze, you going to name the coordinators this weekend? No?

cooler-if-you-did.gif

They will be named when he's ready to name them. Take a chill pill.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

They will be named when he's ready to name them. Take a chill pill.

You are reading far, far, too much into that post. It was posted in an attempt at humor. No need to worry about me,  I'm good.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dshep4au said:

Maybe they should have filled some of the right folks in on that plan, if that was the case.  Going from a pretty well loved coach, whose firing didn’t have total buy-in from alumni to hiring Steele as head coach was never going to be an easy sell.  We wanted an upgrade.

5 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

So Coach Freeze, you going to name the coordinators this weekend? No?

cooler-if-you-did.gif

It's hard to get commitments before people know who the co-ordinators are. So:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=bb847c1f6210a7b

Saw somebody say that Freeze wants Arnett but his 2mil buyout is a sticking point and that Rane is wanting Kelly but Freeze doesn't want him, so they're having a stalemate atm. this is just what i read, so take it with a huge grain of salt.

4 minutes ago, AUFiend said:

Saw somebody say that Freeze wants Arnett but his 2mil buyout is a sticking point and that Rane is wanting Kelly but Freeze doesn't want him, so they're having a stalemate atm. this is just what i read, so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Who is Chris Kelly?

7 minutes ago, AUFiend said:

I would take either of those.

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

well..... not Chris,  he is a hockey coach.  

Yea, someone else posted Chris, so I followed along. The only other one I can find is Bama Kelly but I thought he had accepted with Sanders.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Which Kelly?

Charles Kelly. he left Bama to go be on Sanders staff at Colorado but people are saying it's not official yet because he wants the DC job at Auburn.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AUFiend said:

Arnett has definitely had good defenses but that is a huge buyout for DC. Kelly is a great recruiter but hasn’t really gotten much credit as DC.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Arnett has definitely had good defenses but that is a huge buyout for DC. Kelly is a great recruiter but hasn’t really gotten much credit as DC.

Yeah I'll take all the recruiting prowess we can get BUT FSU fans hated the guy.