Freeze's Staff

Potatooooooes!!

Performance wise, the case can be made that Kelly and Arnett are fairly close in their skill set. That being the case, Kelly is begging to be here and will almost certainly stay a while. Arnett sounds like he’s got other ambitions and is making us wait. My opinion is take the guy who’s begging for the job and let’s go.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good analysis Gowebb.  If they are similar in what they do and how they can get the most out of the players, I am right there with you.  Go will the guy that wants to be here.  Also think Kelly is a stud at recruiting and knows the recruiting areas very well.  Already has good relationships with HS coaches and has a great list of recruits he has brought in over the years.  DO IT!!! and let's roll.

10 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

He was Baylor’s OC under Briles.  He coached for years with Briles, even at the high school level.  Jeff Lebby coached under him for 7 years.  

Coached RG3 at Baylor when he won the Heisman.   Didn’t do great as HC at Tulsa, but he was the only coach to ever get them to the AAC Championship.   Tulsa also not the easiest job either. 

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/6/23/15855410/tulsa-golden-hurricane-junkyard-wars-offense-phil-montgomery

Thanks for the info. Definitely an exciting hire if it come to fruition. AUsome!

11 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Phillip Montgomery rumored to be possible new OC.

Would be a freaking great hire.  His offense + Freeze = 💥

He was OC at Baylor until about 2015 I believe. Square in the middle of the scandal years unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

He was OC at Baylor until about 2015 I believe. Square in the middle of the scandal years unfortunately.

He left Baylor in 2014, and he was never implicated in any of the stuff that happened.  

Kendell Briles was there the entire time yet I never see anyone bringing this up about him.  BTW he was never implicated, either.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Performance wise, the case can be made that Kelly and Arnett are fairly close in their skill set. That being the case, Kelly is begging to be here and will almost certainly stay a while. Arnett sounds like he’s got other ambitions and is making us wait. My opinion is take the guy who’s begging for the job and let’s go.  

There's a lot to like about that. If that is indeed the case there shouldn't be any holdup. However, none of us know exactly what Freeze is thinking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Kelly is a great recruiter.  Haven't heard much bout Arnett as a recruiter.  Anyone know?

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

My opinion is take the guy who’s begging for the job and let’s go.  

Speed and loyalty definitely matter. But a natural concern I always have - why doesn’t a coach have other programs pursuing him?

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Speed and loyalty definitely matter. But a natural concern I always have - why doesn’t a coach have other programs pursuing him?

Prime time wants him supposedly 

10 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Why do people keep saying this about coaches? We don’t even know who our favorite team is pursuing. How do people know who all of the other programs have reached out to? This isn’t the type of thing that is regularly advertised. And even when it is advertised, the information is often wrong. 

• Like 4

On 12/10/2022 at 8:37 AM, Viper said:

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

See the man on the right in the red sports jacket?  That is Charles Kelly, with Smith and Russaw on their OVs at Bama this weekend.  

Seems funny for him to have signed with Prime and skipped out on his big recruiting weekend to continue to recruit for his “former” program.  

But of course you are right.  You are always right.  🙄

0AA71CBF-B001-454A-B87E-8D9E7A5BA076.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

See the man on the right in the red sports jacket?  That is Charles Kelly, with Smith and Russaw on their OVs at Bama this weekend.  

Seems funny for him to have signed with Prime and skipped out on his big recruiting weekend to continue to recruit for his “former” program.  

But of course you are right.  You are always right.  🙄

0AA71CBF-B001-454A-B87E-8D9E7A5BA076.jpeg

Been alot of folks that jumped the gun on Kelly going to Colorado. Reputable folks included

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Pretty sure your man , prime time,  is pursuing him. Not good enough ?

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Pretty sure your man , prime time,  is pursuing him. Not good enough ?

😋 He seems to focusing his hiring on the footprint he’s trying to recruit. Thus far mainly sec, Texas,  and Midwest hired. Surprised he’s not focusing some on west coast.

6 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

He didn’t do anything bad. Along with hundreds of other employees. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

His last year was 2014.   And, he was never implicated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure what Arnetts availability is . Guess will have to see what happens with Leach and his emergency medical condition. 

I am sure he is prime to be HC. I rather not wait till this episode to find out. Sounds like Kelly is really wanting the job.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am sure he is prime to be HC. I rather not wait till this episode to find out. Sounds like Kelly is really wanting the job.

Yeah, I don't know alot about Arnets past prior to Miss St. But with what happened to Leach today , guess time will tell

• Like 1