Freeze's First Year is Successful if

AUfan_UAgrad

Let's just cut to the chase. 

Shut that DJ's tomfoolery up, fire up the marching band and BRING BACK LOUIE LOUIE. 

Get it done, Freeze. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

If Freeze got Auburn to break in to the top ten recruiting wise that would be a massive victory. It is not going to happen in my opinion, i would be flat out shocked. I look at the initial 2023 rankings and going down the list I see easily fifteen - twenty programs I would put ahead of Auburn as being more desirable for a young athlete. We are going to need that NIL money to talk plus significant upward momentum during the 2023 regular season to have a shot at cracking the top 12 recruiting wise for 2024.

Hope I am wrong

The class of 2023 is mostly already committed. It will be next to impossible for AU to flip enough players to finish in the top ten. Top 20 would be an accomplishment.

The portal is a different story and '24 is a different story but as far as recruiting class of '23 high school players, the hay is largely already in the barn and nothing much can be done about that.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

So by that logic, Colorado finishes 3rd in the conference next year and wins it the next. 

Already stated he’ll have them in the Top 20 in recruiting by next year. He’ll be gone as soon as he gets them to 6 wins.

Starting next year, I would think the expectation should be top 15 in recruiting, and getting in the top 10 at least half of the time, with the occasional top 5 class.   This would be as good as AU recruiting has ever been in our history!   With Freeze and staff’s commitment to recruiting, our shiny new facilities, and a competitive NIL fund, this seems like a realistic expectation for me.  
With that level of talent, we should be consistently competing for the SECW and playoffs under the 12 team model.   That’s exciting to think that may very well be in our near future!!!

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 11:36 AM, AUINSY said:

looking forward to when you start that thread, until then, this one's about Freeze at AU

No need for another thread-  if it's about Freeze/AU recuiting, it'll be relevant to compare how he's faring vs other coaches in new positions- especially the ones that were potential candidates here- and how quickly all these new hires equipped with portal and NIL, can break the walls down at Bammer, Ugga, etc.- or do the best get better? Thinking that if Prime outshines, the Freeze fan boys here will get even more prickly. Great entertainment to see how both new coaches do.

Can see who has the early lead! 

• Facepalm 3

9 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

No need for another thread-  if it's about Freeze/AU recuiting, it'll be relevant to compare how he's faring vs other coaches in new positions- especially the ones that were potential candidates here- and how quickly all these new hires equipped with portal and NIL, can break the walls down at Bammer, Ugga, etc.- or do the best get better? Thinking that if Prime outshines, the Freeze fan boys here will get even more prickly. Great entertainment to see how both new coaches do.

Can see who has the early lead! 

You should take a day off from the internet and read Sanders's book. Maybe then you will see why he wasn't considered for the Auburn, Ga. Tech, Cincy or Florida Atlantic jobs.

• Facepalm 1