Freeze's First Year is Successful if

AUfan_UAgrad

I'm already tired of the cliche myself, but it is a new era of CFB. It's not that far-fetched to think you can have a major roster change in one year that can lead to a vastly improved team.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Nah, people forget how great our recruiting used to be. Recency bias is killing us. All highlighted rankings are top 10 since 2000. HALF of Auburn’s recruiting classes between 2001 and 2020 were top 10. 

E6CC99DE-63D4-40C4-81E2-C4090CB3A920.jpeg

They said top 5 …so that would be 1 time ever from your list  

I am not saying it cannot be done, I’m just saying that at auburn it is rare. 
But with NIL maybe we can pull a TAM. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

They said top 5 …so that would be 1 time ever from your list  

I am not saying it cannot be done, I’m just saying that at auburn it is rare. 
But with NIL maybe we can pull a TAM. 

If we can do it before NIL, we should be able to do it with it. And others have said top 10/top 5-10 (you: top 10, Viper: top 5-10), so surely top 10 is realistic especially with NIL...again we've been top 10 in recruiting 10 times/50% of the time from '01-'20.

Edited by AUINSY

1 minute ago, AUINSY said:

If we can do it before NIL, we should be able to do it with it. And others have said top 10/top 5-10, so surely top 10 is realistic especially with NIL

Yes I think top 10 is realistic.
Top five is a whole different level. Top 5 is elite- beating teams in recruiting that are playing in the playoffs every year. These other teams have NIL too. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yes I think top 10 is realistic.
Top five is a whole different level. Top 5 is elite- beating teams in recruiting that are playing in the playoffs every year. These other teams have NIL too. 

Right. And 4 of those 10 were within 2 spots of a 5th-ranked class (5-7), so it's in our wheelhouse. Last 3 coaches have each recruited at least one class ranked 7th or better.

Edited by AUINSY

If he recruits what WE need (not just stars/rankings) both via portal & out of h.s., if our SEC West & overall records are winning records, and if he keeps his nose clean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

If we can do it before NIL, we should be able to do it with it. And others have said top 10/top 5-10 (you: top 10, Viper: top 5-10), so surely top 10 is realistic especially with NIL...again we've been top 10 in recruiting 10 times/50% of the time from '01-'20.

One of my first arguments against Harsin was midway through the 2021 season…that Gus routinely had AU in the Top 10 in recruiting. Why had it fallen off so sharply? We all know the answer now.

So yes, if Gus and Chizik can do Top 10, Freeze should too by this time next year and each successive year.

Top 5? I believe only Prime could achieve that at AU on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

don't derail us! lol 

Just poking all the brand new Freeze Fan Boys "he's our coach forget about Deon, brought his Louie luggage packed with his 4/5 stars", that sass wouln't work at AU", blah blah. 

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Just poking all the brand new Freeze Fan Boys "he's our coach forget about Deon, brought his Louie luggage packed with his 4/5 stars", that sass wouln't work at AU", blah blah. 

I think folks are just ready to talk and stick to AU football, I am. It'll be nice once we finally get a full staff put together and some recruits rolling in. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

When Harsin came on board, AU was already in a hole wrt recruiting & quality depth on the roster.  My thoughts at the time were that the rebuild would take 2-3 years.  Two years later, where is AU?  Deeper in the hole wrt recruiting & quality depth on the roster.  So how long for the rebuild now?  I can't believe it will be any less than 2 years -- AU will have to take their lumps.    

IMO it'll take less than 2-3 yrs to rebuild, just based on what I've seen Brian Kelly do at LSU with the garbage roster he inherited.  The portal AND our new and improved NIL collective that's now loaded with $$ and more wealthy backers supporting with their wallets make the revamp a much faster.  

If Freeze got Auburn to break in to the top ten recruiting wise that would be a massive victory. It is not going to happen in my opinion, i would be flat out shocked. I look at the initial 2023 rankings and going down the list I see easily fifteen - twenty programs I would put ahead of Auburn as being more desirable for a young athlete. We are going to need that NIL money to talk plus significant upward momentum during the 2023 regular season to have a shot at cracking the top 12 recruiting wise for 2024.

Hope I am wrong

• Like 3

Just now, AUINSY said:

I think folks are just ready to talk and stick to AU football, I am 

ok, and so how it compares to new coaches at other places that were candidates for AU- how we stack up in a year... that qualifies as being about AU.

Oh and I saw on twitter from someone that saw on a pay site that heard form a good source on Tiktok who said it was fact that Tank, and Ashford, and Grenier, and two players on our defensive line would be going via portal to a school out west that's up near the mountains. Said school's mascot is a real live animal named Ralphie.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, WarEagleT said:

ok, and so how it compares to new coaches at other places that were candidates for AU- how we stack up in a year... that qualifies as being about AU.

Oh and I saw on twitter from someone that saw on a pay site that heard form a good source on Tiktok who said it was fact that Tank, and Ashford, and Grenier, and two players on our defensive line would be going via portal to a school out west that's up near the mountains. Said school's mascot is a real live animal named Ralphie.

start another thread about it, that will be great! This thread is about what success for Auburn's 1st year coach would look like

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AUINSY said:

start another thread about it, that will be great! This thread is about what success for Auburn's 1st year coach would look like

Measured in real time vs others that were or should have been considered for here. I got popcorn can't wait to see how it plays out.

3 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Measured in real time vs others that were or should have been considered for here. I got popcorn can't wait to see how it plays out.

looking forward to when you start that thread, until then, this one's about Freeze at AU

Edited by AUINSY

17 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

that were candidates for AU

Key word : WERE 

There is a Deion Sanders thread. A couple of them actually. It’s over he isn’t the coach at Auburn, no matter how passive aggressively you are upset about it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DAG said:

Key word : WERE 

There is a Deion Sanders thread. A couple of them actually. It’s over he isn’t the coach at Auburn, no matter how passive aggressively you are upset about it. 

Nothing passive about that aggression!!

• Haha 2

I think a 7-5 record next year should be a reasonable expectation. Our OOC schedule next year is easy with 3 what should be guaranteed wins and a bad Cal team as our "big" game. 

We also draw Vandy from the east. 

10 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I think a 7-5 record next year should be a reasonable expectation. Our OOC schedule next year is easy with 3 what should be guaranteed wins and a bad Cal team as our "big" game. 

We also draw Vandy from the east. 

I agree and that would get us in a bowl game which would be one measure of improvement

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 2:18 PM, gr82b4au said:

If he has a top 10 nationally recruiting class next year. 

Yes. Hell, I will take a top 15 at this point in the game. I have absolutely ZERO expectations of beating Bama or UGA in 2023, or showing up in the SECCG, but 8 and 4 would be a huge step in the right direction, with a good recruiting class and a team that is in the big games. My biggest thing is recruiting and establishing a QB that has at least a 63 plus completion percentage, which is why I would like to get the kid from OK State in here under Freeze’s tutelage, even if for only a year. RA is a good talent, but I don’t see anybody elevating him to even a mediocre passer in one year. We need a rebuilt O Line through the portal and at least 3 to four signees out of HS, then once the trenches are replaced with SEC capable guys, we can begin to worry about other pieces. 

21 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Success will be had if Freeze can find a QB who can complete at least 60% of his passes.  8 wins.

If we are stuck with ashford at QB then 7 wins will be our ceiling.

RA reminds a bit of Nick Marshall. I think NM was right at the 60% you reference and if Freeze and staff can shore up OL and receivers, perhaps RA can get there. Personally I'd love to see it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Viper said:

One of my first arguments against Harsin was midway through the 2021 season…that Gus routinely had AU in the Top 10 in recruiting. Why had it fallen off so sharply? We all know the answer now.

So yes, if Gus and Chizik can do Top 10, Freeze should too by this time next year and each successive year.

Top 5? I believe only Prime could achieve that at AU on a regular basis.

So by that logic, Colorado finishes 3rd in the conference next year and wins it the next. 

3 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

So by that logic, Colorado finishes 3rd in the conference next year and wins it the next. 

I apologize. I contributed to the Prime thread on an AU thread. Sorry.