Coach Leach in the hospital

AUY2K

5 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Conflicting reports. The only thing we know is that he’s in critical condition and that he was taken from Starkville to the higher level of care in Jackson. 

My guess is a devastating stroke but that is just a guess based on why he would be transferred. However, I’m reading a lot about a cardiac arrest situation. 

honestly irresponsible to presume, so we will just have to wait for an official report.

Either way, coach will need a miracle. Understanding that THE miracle is that we have eternal life through belief in Jesus. 

prayers up! 

Amen.  Prayers lifted.

13 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

His press conferences the past few months have really been hard to watch. He could hardly speak 15 words and has to stop and clear his throat, cough and spit up I guess phlegm. On MSU message boards, they've been saying he has congestive heart failure but this was around the Egg Bowl period they were saying this. I have had family members pass from congestive heart failure and there's a ton of coughing, spitting up clear fluids, etc. for the final year. Lots of swelling in the legs, feet, belly. I read earlier he was taken by ambulance to Jackson. The week of the Egg Bowl MSU fans were saying that was his last game due to health reasons. He has looked drained all year but I just thought it was stress from coaching. 

Praying for him and his family and friends.

That's interesting because i just went back watched some of his pressers and you're right, he can't talk for more than a few words without pausing and coughing. Amazing no one connected the dots and got him checked out.

Just saw an update on TOS stating he had a massive heart attack in his home. 

edit- he didn't receive medical treatment for 10-15 minutes. EMTs used a defib multiple times to restore heart rhythm. 

Also reported CML may have suffered several severe seizures afterwards and possibility of brain damage. 

This is all reported from SDS

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 1

^sounds right. Cardiac arrest with recovery of pulse. While this happens in the movies and TV, this is not associated with a good outcome 99% of the time. 

we need to pray for his family. Likely some tough decisions coming. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Even if he pulls out, the outcome of a "restorative" life will be a stretch. Glad he is on comfort measures at this point.

• Like 1

Sounds like they’re just keeping him alive till all the family can be there.  You just never know when that bus is gonna take you out. More than likely he didn’t suffer if he just collapsed.  

Edited by Win4AU

27 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Likely some tough decisions coming. 

This is why it is important for everyone to obtain Healthcare Directives and Powers of Attorney.  It is surprising how many people do not have them.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This is why it is important for everyone to obtain Healthcare Directives and Powers of Attorney.  It is surprising how many people do not have them.

Took care of this a couple of months ago...cost a nickel or eight, but worth every dollar.

I hate this...Leach was not everyone's cup of tea or shot of whiskey, but his utter lack of coachspeak was refreshing. Plus, dude was sharp as a tack. Prayers to his family.

• Like 3

Awful news. I don’t know why we need reminders that football isn’t life. (Unlike what Danny Rojas says). 

Hug your families. Tell someone you love them. Don’t wait. Do it now. 

War Eagle and War Pirate!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

That's interesting because i just went back watched some of his pressers and you're right, he can't talk for more than a few words without pausing and coughing. Amazing no one connected the dots and got him checked out.

The truth is there was probably not much to check out. At a certain level of decline you’re basically down to transplant or something like an LVAD, which while being used more extensively these days is not supposed to be a long term solution. Patients with this condition spend the rest of their lives at that level of coughing. 

I highly doubt Leach and his family were unaware of the extent of his heart failure. He was probably just trying to maintain as stable as possible. Probably hoped to get through the last season.

It’s a very tough way to live. Hopefully he has some peace now and I wish his family the best if he ultimately doesn’t make it through this.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, bootskii said:

Not sure how accurate this is but I sure hope it isn't.

30C24518-4236-41DB-8B7F-50E94C160289.png

Jesus Christ that is terrible. I feel so bad for his family. He will be greatly missed. Hugging family harder this Christmas for sure. 

This is classic Leach...

I think he very much enjoyed coaching in low-profile environments. Lubbock, Texas...Pullman, Washington...Starkville, Mississippi. Doesn't get much more low-profile than those last two.

Mississippi State's bowl game is at Raymond James Stadium, where there is a large pirate cannon, so this seems eerily appropriate to end this era of MSU football.

I normally wouldn't give much of a rip about an 11:00 A.M. bowl game between two teams I have no real rooting interest in, but I'll be watching this one and rooting for the Bulldogs.

• Love 2

39 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Former Kansas State HC Bill Snyder just tweeted 10 minutes ago that Mike Leach passed away. 

Apparently that was an oops.  Leach is still alive.

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Even though it was just prior to the event, terrible timing for the transfer rb to take a dig at the guy -- not blaming the kid but given whats transpired it really wasn't good timing in hindsight

He should probably delete it. People make mistakes. 

Really hate this. Getting way more emotional about it then I would expect. I’m sure most of us have experienced a loved one on hospice. It’s hell. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Apparently that was an oops.  Leach is still alive.

I just saw that. Kiffin made a tweet yesterday and it was all in past tense saying Leach was a good man and he will miss coaching against him, etc. Kiffin later deleted the tweet. 

I tuned in to Finebaum's show just to see what he was saying. The first few minutes was a journalist with The Clarion Ledger and was speaking in past tense of Leach. Finebaum seemed kind of emotional during the show. Lots of sniffles and he too kept speaking of Leach in the past tense. 

It seems to me that most people with connections like Kiffin, MSU beat writers, Finebaum, the coaching community, etc. know what this outcome is going to be (if all the reports are true) so they're speaking of Leach in past tense without even realizing it. 

It's just a sad situation. It hurts as a football fan, I can't imagine how its affecting his family and friends.