Freeze is Changing Things for the Better...

WillMunny

14 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Maybe you should change your display name because the real life incarnation of it, accepted a job under Freeze. His standard is much lower than yours apparently.

I get the point you are trying to make, but that's setting a precedent I don't like.

Carnell (The man, not the poster) is def committed to Auburn and I think everyone would agree he's committed to mentoring these dudes on the team. Deciding to stay at Auburn doesn't mean Cadillac is 100% on board with Freeze, and should something negative happen with Freeze again, I'd hate for people to point at Cadillac and be like, 'He stayed when HF was hired, therefore he condones this stuff'

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Carnell said:

He has not owned up if anything he has gotten worse.  At Ole Miss when he knew what he was going he dared the NCAA to investigate and find infractions against him.  Now you say he is proud to be at Auburn but he again tries to rub the NCAA nose in the ground by meeting a recruit wearing auburn NIL logo instead of keeping his head down and being passionate about Auburn.  He is a narcissist and Narcissist care about know one but themselves and that also includes the school where he coaches.

Now I know you’re a Bama troll…the grammar in this post screams U of A degree.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

There were always 2 fundamental (non-ethics) questions about Freeze.

1) how positively, little, or negatively would he impact the “harmony” of the fan base? Would we lose fans? Still being figured out. Does winning and/ or time fix the division as many believe?
2) He is definitely  competent but what is his ceiling? Getting us back to SEC mid tier (undoing Harsin damage) is the priority right now, and hes making good progress there, but longer term can he recruit and compete (not just occasionally upset) with our rivals - uga, bama, and lsu (where Gus failed)? This imo bounces into the DS debate.

Obviously everything is trends and speculation for 2 years before we fully know.

Edited by auburnatl1

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is a good movie.

Aw, don’t get all mushy on me. Now back in the day when they made REAL ant movies!…. Ps ok - back on topic

image.jpeg.2b0bd8942efe02d377b91f99686218d5.jpeg
image.thumb.png.ae6a53c1a3dcdd4b29d1e6e3291f3577.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Aw, don’t get all mushy on me. Now back in the day when they made REAL ant movies!…. Ps ok - back on topic

image.jpeg.2b0bd8942efe02d377b91f99686218d5.jpeg
image.thumb.png.ae6a53c1a3dcdd4b29d1e6e3291f3577.png

Never got the critical acclaim it deserved.  The special effects were way ahead of it's time.  A masterpiece on film.

• Like 1

I admit I wasn't completely thrilled when Freeze was hired. I felt it was a solid hire but not a homerun. Not because of his background because I believe we all make mistakes and we all deserve second chances. So far though he has impressed me.  He came in and hit the ground running on all cylinders. He has assembled a great staff behind him in a relative short amount of time. One that can recruit and actually coach. The most impressive thing about him to me so far is his recruiting ability. In his first week or so he met with most of the football coaches in Alabama if I am not mistaken. That is huge deal in building those relationships! The amount of recruits he has brought in and flipped, especially OL, deserves high praise. I will remain optimistic about this upcoming season but I realize we have some growing to do in turn I won't keep my expectations too high. Coach Freeze deserves our backing in the amount of work he has done in such a short amount of time. I hope he continues to excel in his craft while being at the helm of our football program. WDE!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

I get the point you are trying to make, but that's setting a precedent I don't like.

Carnell (The man, not the poster) is def committed to Auburn and I think everyone would agree he's committed to mentoring these dudes on the team. Deciding to stay at Auburn doesn't mean Cadillac is 100% on board with Freeze, and should something negative happen with Freeze again, I'd hate for people to point at Cadillac and be like, 'He stayed when HF was hired, therefore he condones this stuff'

How about acting more like Cadillac, instead of less? And he's basically calling Trovon Reed an outright liar with this little jewel:

"Now you say he is proud to be at Auburn but he again tries to rub the NCAA nose in the ground by meeting a recruit wearing auburn NIL logo instead of keeping his head down and being passionate about Auburn.  He is a narcissist and Narcissist care about know one but themselves and that also includes the school where he coaches."

I didn't know we had Betazoid fans in our midst who can read minds and glean intentions. Amazing.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Mims44 said:

I highly doubt he would’ve stayed on if he wasn’t okay with Hugh Freeze the man. Come on now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I highly doubt he would’ve stayed on if he wasn’t okay with Hugh Freeze the man. Come on now. 

I agree, but if something negative in the future does happen, we all will respond to that (obviously Lac’s response means more).

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I agree, but if something negative in the future does happen, we all will respond to that (obviously Lac’s response means more).

I’m not going to even manifest that.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

How about acting more like Cadillac, instead of less? And he's basically calling Trovon Reed an outright liar with this little jewel:

"Now you say he is proud to be at Auburn but he again tries to rub the NCAA nose in the ground by meeting a recruit wearing auburn NIL logo instead of keeping his head down and being passionate about Auburn.  He is a narcissist and Narcissist care about know one but themselves and that also includes the school where he coaches."

I didn't know we had Betazoid fans in our midst who can read minds and glean intentions. Amazing.

I have no idea why I was quoted in this? Seems like you are responding to/talking to someone else?

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

I have done it, and know many others who have done it as well. Staying somewhere for a reason other than 'I believe in my boss 100%'

And to reiterate, I'm not saying Caddy is not 'ok' with Hugh, just sayin please don't hitch Cadillac's career to a man just because he decided to not leave his alma mater and all the guys he's been raising up for years. 

13 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I have no idea why I was quoted in this? Seems like you are responding to/talking to someone else?

I have done it, and know many others who have done it as well. Staying somewhere for a reason other than 'I believe in my boss 100%'

And to reiterate, I'm not saying Caddy is not 'ok' with Hugh, just sayin please don't hitch Cadillac's career to a man just because he decided to not leave his alma mater and all the guys he's been raising up for years. 

Your job is nowhere near an apples to apples comparison to Cadillac. He is on a football staff and he is an extension of the HC. How is he going to be an additional extension of his vision if he has a mindset like that ? Particularly why would he stay ? If hugh freeze gets fired, his head is on the chopping block again. Many everyday people bosses get fired and it has no bearing on their job status. At the end of the day he is not just representing Auburn. He is representing CHF too.

Thats problem right there. Comparing whatever you do , to what Hugh Freeze or Cadillac is doing. It’s not an equal comparison lol.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Emotional thinking + binary thinking = bad message board posting

We don't know, what we don't know but,,, we are going to find out.

I hated the hire. But that ship has sailed.  Time to think of it as a second chance.  We have neither the greatest coach in history nor, the worst.  We have HF.  Let's see what he can do rather than pretending to already know.

Don't drag CCW into this.  He is a good man, making good money, in a place he loves, doing what he loves. 

I thought I wanted Deion. But after seeing the CU speech and stuff, I'm kinda glad he's not here. 

Never wanted Kiffin.

I wasn't sure about Freeze, but I'm fine with it. I think a few wins (recruiting and on the field) will change a lot of people's tunes quickly.

• Like 3

Ends that. Unless he is a liar which I don't consider him to be. Wears his emotions on his sleeves.

He continued later, “Last night, I was able to meet with Coach Freeze where he shared his core values and vision for the football program and young men he will be coaching. He is a man of faith and we share many of the same values when it comes to coaching. I am excited about his vision and plan for getting Auburn back to its winning ways, including winning championships!”

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I think a few wins (recruiting and on the field) will change a lot of people's tunes quickly.

We are already seeing some 180 from folks who swore they wouldn't return.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

Your job is nowhere near an apples to apples comparison to Cadillac. He is on a football staff and he is an extension of the HC. How is he going to be an additional extension of his vision if he has a mindset like that ? Particularly why would he stay ? If hugh freeze gets fired, his head is on the chopping block again. Many everyday people bosses get fired and it has no bearing on their job status. At the end of the day he is not just representing Auburn. He is representing CHF too.

Thats problem right there. Comparing whatever you do , to what Hugh Freeze or Cadillac is doing. It’s not an equal comparison lol.

You say my job is not 'apples to apples' and then list a bunch of comparisons that are exactly the same :lol: 

Goofball ;) 

Edited by Mims44
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

You say my job is not 'apples to apples' and then list a bunch of comparisons that are exactly the same :lol: 

Goofball ;) 

I literally didn't even list a "bunch" of comparison lol. I just spoke to the dynamics of the traditional college coach. If you work at McDonalds, you don't have nearly the same dynamics. There is your comparison.  I can almost bet 99% of the people here job status is not dependent on their current boss successes, nor do they represent their boss own doings, but the core corporation values.

Edited by DAG
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Some folks just worry about having something to worry about . Amazing

Lol. It is so silly. It doesn't even make sense half of the time. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I literally didn't even list a "bunch" of comparison lol. I just spoke to the dynamics of the traditional college coach. If you work at McDonalds, you don't have nearly the same dynamics. There is your comparison.  I can almost bet 99% of the people here job status is not dependent on their current boss successes, nor do they represent their boss own doings, but the core corporation values.

I'm bored, so I guess I'll take the time to break it down.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Your job is nowhere near an apples to apples comparison to Cadillac. He is on a football staff and he is an extension of the HC.

As a divisional manager am I not an extension of the owner/ceo?

How is he going to be an additional extension of his vision if he has a mindset like that ?

Same way I do, you do not have to be 100% on board with leadership in order to work hard and find success within your role.

Particularly why would he stay ?

re-read my original and follow up post. Money isn't everyones #1 goal, having a boss you absolutely love is also not everyones #1 goal. Continuing to be there for those he cares deeply for while getting to work a job he loves might sound crazy to you, but a LOT of people choose that over money/status.

If hugh freeze gets fired, his head is on the chopping block again.

Again goes back to my original point, if HF gets into some Briles type trouble it would suck if people just assumed Cadillac was on board with it.

Many everyday people bosses get fired and it has no bearing on their job status.

Sure there are, there are also lots of people who can and do have their day to day operations change drastically when new ownership takes over.

At the end of the day he is not just representing Auburn. He is representing CHF too.

This is again, the same for a lot of people. I'm beginning to think you are running with the assumption of your most recent post that most people on this forum are teenage McDonalds workers?

Yay for long posts to try and prove the [admittedly] insane theory that working for someone does not mean you are 100% on board with their lifestyle or choices.

:lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Probably the approach I should have taken also.

Yeah I am done with wasting time with people under this certain thing. People literally are manifesting their own personal feelings. Got a guy assuming Caddy is not for CHF even though there is a direct quote that says otherwise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2