2024 4* G Labaron Philon (Kansas)

Barnacle

It has been rough for sure. No way to spin it- this is really bad news.

Just remember that our bball program was garbage way before Bruce and we have reached unprecedented heights with him. 

• Like 2

We went from having a top-3 ‘24 class to now…having 1 commitment, maybe? Sad day. Auburn sports is exhausting. They should change the terminology from “committed” to “considered” these days when referring to recruits on where they plan on playing.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I really can't tell what direction our basketball program is going right now. Didn't realize Wes or really any basketball assistant was so important to recruits. Need some good news...been a steady flow of bad news last couple of weeks. 

Should get a set of good news soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Should get a set of good news soon.

A set? Two players?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Spaceballs How Soon GIF - Spaceballs How Soon When Will Then ...

Lol…Thanks for lightening the mood…just when it seems like our programs are turning a corner, it’s 2 steps forward and 3 steps backwards 

2 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

it’s 2 steps forward and 3 steps backwards 

Meh. Moves aren't done yet so I don't think anything is a net backwards for basketball

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Meh. Moves aren't done yet so I don't think anything is a net backwards for basketball

Mister Sunshine!  Didn't take you for the kind; I like it!

6 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

Mister Sunshine!  Didn't take you for the kind; I like it!

Not sunshine. Not done adding pieces for next year's team. Also for 2024 there are a number of highly rated SGs in that class high on us plus we aren't backing down on trying to get LP back. Now if we don't get Bidunga to replace Marshall at C and LP back or a similar SG talent for 2024 then I would say that's a net negative in terms of 2024 HS recruiting. But their's still a long way to go for those things to play out.

• Like 1

If we hire the guy we’re supposed to, I think he’s a more than comparable replacement for Flanigan, but obv you’re going to have to make up some ground quickly. Very unfortunate decommitment but one that seemed very possible once Wes left 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lutzcammed said:

was this expected or a suprise?

@lutzcammed This is how Hoke put it FWIW.

There's some thought internally that while a little surprising, it's not totally unexpected. Auburn has guard Tahaad Pettiford in the 2024 class, Tre Donaldson returns, Aden Holloway coming in, then Denver Jones coming in. That's a lot of people at the one and two positions. It's not all that surprising that Philon is having second thoughts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@lutzcammed This is how Hoke put it FWIW.

bruce pearl is one of the few coaches i do not worry about. i think he was disappointed last year and i just think he turns it around quick. there are a lot of kids that want to play for bruce in my opinion. now unless there is some bad blood with coaches or players that might be a concern as to what is being told to recruits. again i am not trying to smear coach flan as i have no idea i am just taking wild shots. if bad team chemistry hurt us last year i would worry more about that than the talent we could bring in.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 3:17 PM, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Philon must really be great because the UA chat boards are melting down after he signed with us. Well done Bruce.

we can join the melt down...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This thread!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

2012 football season, from the February 2022 drama til Harsin was fired, and Tony Barbee's time as AU HC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, toddc said:

This thread!!!!

Way to many to count….

EC1EABDA-2D85-4119-9837-0C33C1BBA374.gif

• Like 4

Don’t leave us Pett!!!! We need you now more than ever!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Probably most Auburn moments after 2013 lol 

Definitely that 4 OT Iron Bowl where all we had to do was get a yard to ice the game with less than 2 min left. It’s all good in retrospect though b/c we canned Harsin only a few games later. 

• Like 1