2024 4* G Labaron Philon (Kansas)

Barnacle

12 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

He apparently was “committed” to Flan not AU. And as we learned from Bidunga, KU pays more.

He apparently is more committed to $$ than to Flan or he’d be heading to Oxford I guess. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 10:22 PM, tigeraddikt said:

He apparently was “committed” to Flan not AU. And as we learned from Bidunga, KU pays more.

Even in a world without money in CBB (has never existed, but still) KU is a better basketball destination than Auburn. I don’t feel so bad losing recruits to them. (I would feel bad losing these kids to Alabama, Arkansas, etc.)

The question for me going forward is more about Bruce’s HS recruiting choices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

Even in a world without money in CBB (has never existed, but still) KU is a better basketball destination than Auburn. I don’t feel so bad losing recruits to them. (I would feel bad losing these kids to Alabama, Arkansas, etc.)

The question for me going forward is more about Bruce’s HS recruiting choices. 

Please explain what questions you are referring to.

Are you talking about Bruce’s choice to spend years of resources targeting elite 5* HS recruits only to lose them to other schools, G League, etc?

Edited by tigeraddikt

On 9/28/2023 at 11:35 AM, tigeraddikt said:

Are you talking about Bruce’s choice to spend years of resources targeting elite 5* HS recruits only to lose them to other schools, G League, etc?

:popcorn:

On 9/26/2023 at 10:40 AM, Golden Eagle said:

Hate that we lost him.  IIRC, he grew up an Auburn fan but de-committed when Coach Flanigan left.  Wonder why Pearl wasn't able to keep him?

@Golden Eagle He wants to be a PG. We wanted him as a CG/2G. Pettiford is our PG for the 2024 class. Kansas took him as a PG.

@tigeraddikt @NoALtiger @Dunndone414

• Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* G Labaron Philon (Kansas)
On 9/28/2023 at 10:35 AM, tigeraddikt said:

Not the OP but he may be talking about the HS recruits who signed in the last class who packed up and left after one season of not really contributing. I think up until they left we had been more of a destination school then a school that lost guys we wanted to hang on to. Need to be careful that does not become a trend. We'll have guys coming and going every year like every one else. But ideally it'll be on our terms. Won't always be the case but in general thats what we hope for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Golden Eagle He wants to be a PG. We wanted him as a CG/2G. Pettiford is our PG for the 2024 class. Kansas took him as a PG.

@tigeraddikt @NoALtiger @Dunndone414

Thanks, @ellitor.  Just wondering...he de-committed when CWF left and credited CWF as a significant factor in his initial commitment to Auburn.  Had he been promised the PG position when he committed and while CWF was still at Auburn?

1 hour ago, Golden Eagle said:

Had he been promised the PG position when he committed and while CWF was still at Auburn?

I don't believe so & I don't think CWF was as big of a factor in his recruitment as some thought.