2024 4* G Labaron Philon (Kansas)

Barnacle

3 hours ago, toddc said:

This thread!!!!

Beating UA and UGA during regular season just to watch them play against each other in the national title game, then signing Gus to an absurd extension is the ultimate expression of this image 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Beating UA and UGA during regular season just to watch them play against each other in the national title game, then signing Gus to an absurd extension is the ultimate expression of this image 

oof-meme.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Jason Bateman No One Gonna Top That GIF - Jason Bateman No One Gonna Top That GIFs

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

Jason Bateman No One Gonna Top That GIF - Jason Bateman No One Gonna Top That GIFs

The ‘19 final four with UVA isn’t far behind it

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

The ‘19 final four with UVA isn’t far behind it

The reaction would be different for that one than the somber gif that prompted this discussion, it would be more like...

Wwe Rage GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/21/2023 at 8:20 AM, AUINSY said:

They should change the terminology from “committed” to “considered” these days when referring to recruits on where they plan on playing.

I've been saying for years that "today's favorite" would be a more accurate term than committed.

As for losing this guy, it's not good. Period. I was doubtful that he would stick with AU because he's from down there in the "anywhere but Auburn" zone. Had we been able to pull this off it would have been a very big deal. Sadly, the big deal fell through.

I do hope we can get him back but that doesn't seem likely to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep your heads up guys, we’re finally the best at something! 

“The Auburn Tigers are losing fans faster than any college football team in the nation.

Recently released data from the sports marketing firm SBRnetand analyzed by the Center for Sports Analytics at Samford University and AL.com show the Tigers saw their football fanbase cut nearly in half in just one year - a huge decline for a team that was among the top 14 most popular schools in 2021.”

We’re in it ‘till the bitter end

https://www.al.com/news/2023/04/auburn-football-has-the-fastest-shrinking-fanbase-in-the-nation-sports-marketing-data-shows.html

5DD46A51-BF3D-41B7-B15A-523D362B1D6A.gif

Edited by AUINSY
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Keep your heads up guys, we’re finally the best at something! 

“The Auburn Tigers are losing fans faster than any college football team in the nation.

Recently released data from the sports marketing firm SBRnetand analyzed by the Center for Sports Analytics at Samford University and AL.com show the Tigers saw their football fanbase cut nearly in half in just one year - a huge decline for a team that was among the top 14 most popular schools in 2021.”

We’re in it ‘till the bitter end

https://www.al.com/news/2023/04/auburn-football-has-the-fastest-shrinking-fanbase-in-the-nation-sports-marketing-data-shows.html

5DD46A51-BF3D-41B7-B15A-523D362B1D6A.gif

Woo hoo!!

Cheaper tickets!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Effing Van Tiffin.

Awe man, I was watching it with a bunch of bummer fans too! Thanks for the bad flashback. 😝 

JGT thinks Philon ends up back in the class FWIW. I know it means a lock he won't but just wanted to share. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

JGT thinks Philon ends up back in the class FWIW. I know it means a lock he won't but just wanted to share. lol

He definitely jinxed it even if was true. 😝 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I want the guy honestly. Getting a bucket is an undervalued skill (if you really are that good at getting one) 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I want the guy honestly. Getting a bucket is an undervalued skill (if you really are that good at getting one) 

That we’ve never signed a Mr. Basketball is crazy too. I want him for that as well lol. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

do we know exactly what it is that he is exploring, other than playing time?

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Interesting. 

2nd guessing? Regret?

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Corey Williams used the Muss strategies 

Well played

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Interesting. 

2nd guessing? Regret?

Didn't say other than Bruce has always been the dominant force in LP's recruitment. Moreso than Wes Supposedly.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

do we know exactly what it is that he is exploring, other than playing time?

When he committed he specifically credited Wes Flanigan with his recruitment and subsequent commitment.  He decommitted when Flanigan left.  I've wondered if he'll end up at Ole Miss?  I hope not - said he's always been an Auburn fan and Auburn was his dream school.  Hoping we will get him back.

From the on3 article following his commitment:

Philon announced his decision Friday during a ceremony at Baker High School. He chose Auburn over his other finalists: Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Kansas and Tennessee.

“Auburn just feels like another home to me,” Philon told Auburn Live. “They took me in when I got on campus and made me feel at home.”

Auburn also made him feel like a priority.

“They recruited me hard,” he said. “Coach (Bruce) Pearl and Coach (Wes) Flanigan did a great job of recruiting me.”

Flanigan played big role in Philon choosing Auburn

Flanigan did most of the work. The longtime Pearl assistant and former Auburn star was the lead recruiter for Philon.

“(Flanigan) is the hardest worker I know,” Philon said. “He came to a lot of my games. Everywhere I went to play it seemed like he was there. He also checked up on me all the time and asked about my mom. That was special.”

Philon and Flanigan have built a strong bond since Auburn began its pursuit more than two years ago.

“He started recruiting me when I was like 14 or 15 years old,” Philon said. “He’s a real cool, calm and collected coach, but he will get on you when you’re not doing the right thing. That’s the type of coach you’re going to need in your corner.

“He played a big role in me realizing that Auburn is the perfect school for me.”

Edited by Golden Eagle
added excerpt from on3 article
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
36 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Hate that we lost him.  IIRC, he grew up an Auburn fan but de-committed when Coach Flanigan left.  Wonder why Pearl wasn't able to keep him?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

Hate that we lost him.  IIRC, he grew up an Auburn fan but de-committed when Coach Flanigan left.  Wonder why Pearl wasn't able to keep him?

He apparently was “committed” to Flan not AU. And as we learned from Bidunga, KU pays more.

Edited by tigeraddikt