CTT speaking to Kiwanis club today

tgr4lfe

I went with a co-worker who is in the Opelika Kiwanis to their monthly luncheon, where Coach was speaking. He had a lot of very positive things to say about the team and certain players. He talked about the importance of the QB this year. He pointed out that Brandon had a very good scrimmage yesterday. He is concerned about backup QBs and lack of exeprience, but pointed out who in college football has an experienced back up QB. He commented on the quality RBs, but how one has proven himself, i.e. Tre in the Iron Bowl. He had great things to say about hte OL and WRs.. Talked about all the speed on D and depth at DL and LB. Spoke very highly of Travis Williams and his performance in yesterdays scrimmage. Talked about how one corner spot is still up for grabs. Said Irons is lock at one CB, BRock at FS, and Herring at SS. Other CB he named, Wilhite (most likely starter form what I gleamed), and Pitts. He said after being asked about Freshman impact to see the new kicker doing kickoffs. He talked about Tommy Trott and Tray Blackmon. Tommy he mentioned and talked about, but he was asked about Tray. We will for sure see the FR kicker and I would expect we will see Trott and maybe even Tray. Other freshman may get redshirted?????

One funny thing, someone asked about Ulysses Alexander. CTT said Coach Fulmer was a little riled about Alexander coming here, but he should jsut get used to be #2, anyway. That got a roar and round of applause from the 100 or so in attendance. I gathered deep down, and I might be able to catch him at church to ask him, that Tommy (CTT) is getting a pretty good vibe out of this group. Just a little from his talk. Any questions about what all he said I will try to answer.?? WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :au:

Oh he also talked of the preseason rankings an basically made a mockery out of the media. Very funny stuff. He basted the preseason rankings for having us so low and OU still in the top 5, even though they lost like 15 or so seniors.

Archived