Freeze speaking to the fraternities

gr82b4au

Im not gonna lie, when I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be a joke.  

That’s AUsome!!!!   CHF is a great redemption story!!!  And it’s just getting started!!!

• Like 2

I appreciate the fact the is doing some of the same things that Pearl has done. He is being very relatable to the students and he is working tirelessly toward what it will take to make Auburn football a success again. I know some people can't get past his previous transgressions. I hate it for them that they are missing this. 

• Like 8

You know...it is almost beating a dead horse at this point, but it truly was amazing what happened at that Texas AM game. I don't know many other fanbases if any, that would rally behind a team that had been that bad. That is what makes this place so special.  I recently went back and watched it again and you can feel it through the screen. War Damn Eagle!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You know...it is almost beating a dead horse at this point, but it truly was amazing what happened at that Texas AM game. I don't know many other fanbases if any, that would rally behind a team that had been that bad. That is what makes this place so special.  I recently went back and watched it again and you can feel it through the screen. War Damn Eagle!

We were at the game- coooold game- but it was awesome… incredible atmosphere. 

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

I appreciate the fact the is doing some of the same things that Pearl has done. He is being very relatable to the students and he is working tirelessly toward what it will take to make Auburn football a success again. I know some people can't get past his previous transgressions. I hate it for them that they are missing this. 

He is recruiting the students to all be recruiters themselves. Extremely impressed so far. He is starting the right way

• Like 2

I do think that is a great move because the Greek system plays a big part come gameday at Auburn.  They make up the block seating and a good portion of the non-block seating up near the scoreboard.  So a lot of the noise comes from them and they are the section that is there (by rule to keep the reserved block seating) an hour before kickoff and stay there until the third quarter at a minimum.

With all of the right things Freeze has been doing it is really hard to remember why some did not want him in the first place.  It is nice to be excited again for our football program.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

With all of the right things Freeze has been doing it is really hard to remember why some did not want him in the first place.  It is nice to be excited again for our football program.

Auburn is the best coaching opportunity Hugh Freeze will ever have in his life, and he knows it.  

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 8:41 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

There is only one university in the history of the country that has/had a fan base, student body, alums, that reacted the way the Auburn Family did at the A&M game!

Possibly Notre Dame, in Rudy’s day, (certainly not now) but I don’t even think they would’ve had the same fan reactions that we did, start to finish, with A&M. It was simply an incredible day and I’m so proud to be a small part of it!

War Eagle!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I do think that is a great move because the Greek system plays a big part come gameday at Auburn.  They make up the block seating and a good portion of the non-block seating up near the scoreboard.  So a lot of the noise comes from them and they are the section that is there (by rule to keep the reserved block seating) an hour before kickoff and stay there until the third quarter at a minimum.

It’s sad, but most people that did not want him, believed what BSPN and AL.com were telling them. Keep in mind with all of his initial recruiting success, the national sports media were slamming on him, AL.com was none to kind, so major college coaches in and out of the SEC were using that to recruit against him and he’s still been extremely successful!

The future is bright!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 6:41 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

Someone else said but I'll repeat, SECN did more for Auburn recruiting than the previous regime ever could.

I don't think they've ever done that after a win. That was incredible. Not in the same ballpark as a Kick 6 or anything but no Auburn fan will ever forget that. Them walking out with locked arms. Hard, fighting soldiers. I'm getting goosebumps over here!

Just watched the highlights myself. It's amazing what you can achieve with effort. That should be a reminder for all of us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Somebody photoshopped that. I think it really says WAR. 

Yes, clearly

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

It does and Lane is taking some heat 

Everyone knows that. It's a meme account.  As much as Lane is on twitter, he knows that too.  Ppl trying to call him out look kinda silly

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, clearly

Everyone knows that. It's a meme account.  As much as Lane is on twitter, he knows that too.  Ppl trying to call him out look kinda silly

Well they did say not a good look as well as stupid for Lane on national radio which is how I heard about it. Actually Lane looks kinda silly as well.

57 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well they did say not a good look as well as stupid for Lane on national radio which is how I heard about it. Actually Lane looks kinda silly as well.

Looks more than silly lol. Dude is super juvenile. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Auburn w/Freeze as HC will be the ongoing butt of jokes and juvenile fabrications, may as well get used to it. :gofig:

It just means we are relevant. All I have heard for the past week is how we are a bunch of cheaters and scum. 

we are back! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

It just means we are relevant. All I have heard for the past week is how we are a bunch of cheaters and scum. 

we are back! 

lol

12 months ago we heard the Clesi jokes, I suppose Freeze's WAR shirt is harmless comparably.  :jossun:

On 2/9/2023 at 8:28 AM, woodford said:

Someone else said but I'll repeat, SECN did more for Auburn recruiting than the previous regime ever could.

I don't think they've ever done that after a win. That was incredible. Not in the same ballpark as a Kick 6 or anything but no Auburn fan will ever forget that. Them walking out with locked arms. Hard, fighting soldiers. I'm getting goosebumps over here!

Just watched the highlights myself. It's amazing what you can achieve with effort. That should be a reminder for all of us.

Well said, friend. 

I hate AL.com but this was a pretty good short version of events for those that want/need a reminder of how epic that was.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 2/9/2023 at 1:55 PM, JerryAU said:

Auburn w/Freeze as HC will be the ongoing butt of jokes and juvenile fabrications, may as well get used to it. :gofig:

Probably til the season starts and everyone has important football stuff to talk about.    Most of what I see now is more humorous than deceitful.