2024 3* LB D'Angelo "DJ" Barber Commits to AU!

ellitor

Not a big splash but definitely the type of in-state kid you need to win. Also, he plays 7-on-7 with Demarcus Riddick. War Eagle.

• Like 3

Looking at his offer list I think we got one that’s a little under the radar as far as rankings go. 

1 hour ago, toddc said:

"I chose Auburn because of the genuine family morals and values and the home feeling that I got every single time I went down there," Barber said.

Welcome HOME Mr. barber!

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

Let me just say this before we get the three star critics in here, he has an offer from Bama and OU, two elite defensive minded coaches. That is telling. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

Let me just say this before we get the three star critics in here, he has an offer from Bama and OU, two elite defensive minded coaches. That is telling. 

If those are real offers, I completely agree with you. 

I care more about offers than star ratings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cbo said:

If those are real offers, I completely agree with you. 

I care more about offers than star ratings. 

Yep. I hope these guys don't listen to all of the "only a 3 star" fans. Our coaches know what they're doing.

Great player. Hate that the Cam saga took away some of his spotlight. He deserves better. 
Can’t wait to see him on the plains. 

• Like 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Barber ready for official visit

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Auburn already feels like home for D'Angelo Barber.

He's been to the home games. He's seen the game day atmosphere. This weekend's trip will be a little different, though. The linebacker commit will be on his official visit, as he's one step closer to being an Auburn Tiger.

"The most I’m looking forward to is just getting down there, seeing how it’s gonna be when I get down there," Barber said. "Seeing the dorms, seeing the buildings I’ll be taking my classes at, really just getting the whole college experience and knowing how things are gonna work when I get down there officially."

Barber will be one of several official visitors this weekend, along with fellow commits Joseph Phillips and Walker White

. There's already a tight bond between them and the rest of the 2024 class, as the commits check in on each other every week using multiple group chats.

"We’ve just been forming a real brotherhood, so that when we get down there, the brotherhood will already be set," Barber said. "The foundation of the team will be based off that brotherhood. You got a strong bond, you got people that’s willing to lay that on the line for you, the football aspect’s gonna take care of itself."

The Tigers are hoping the group chat expands, hosting some other top guys and flip targets on official visits. Florida State commit

KJ Bolden is expected, as is Alabama commit Jeremiah Beaman and offensive lineman Favour Edwin.

What's Barber's message gonna be this weekend?

"Just take it all in," Barber said. "Picture yourself being down here, being on the field and playing in that big game. Realizing all the support and all the love that you’re gonna get from the people at Auburn."

The 6-foot-1 linebacker knows all about the love Auburn shows. He felt it during his recruitment and it was one of the reasons why he committed. Even since his commitment, the love hasn't stopped.

"The constant communication and the constant realization that I’m wanted at Auburn," Barber said. "The coaches let me know that every day, just telling me that they’re ready for me to get down there, ready for this class that we got to get down there and put it back to where it was."

It's a process to rebuild, but Barber describes every commit like pieces to a puzzle. Each one brings something unique to the table, which elevates the others.

"When we put the whole puzzle together, it’s gonna be great," Barber said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So we all keep talking about the Freeze 5 and what the offense is going to look like with the WR haul....but what about the Defense?

We will likely have a LB corp in 2025-2026 of Riddick, Barber, Phillips.....with J. Faulk, J waller at Edge.... 

I think Barber may be the most underrated recruit in our class on the D side. He is just a work horse. Reminds me of a more talented and gifted Deshaun Davis. Could see him being a multi year starter.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So we all keep talking about the Freeze 5 and what the offense is going to look like with the WR haul....but what about the Defense?

We will likely have a LB corp in 2025-2026 of Riddick, Barber, Phillips.....with J. Faulk, J waller at Edge.... 

I think Barber may be the most underrated recruit in our class on the D side. He is just a work horse. Reminds me of a more talented and gifted Deshaun Davis. Could see him being a multi year starter.

I like the heck out of this kid. Davis is a great comparison. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I like the heck out of this kid. Davis is a great comparison. 

I think he is a superior athlete compared to DD, but DD was a work horse, no nonsense ball player and that is the vibe I get with this kid. If we can get the trenches taking care of we fixing to have some fun the next 3-4 years. I feel 100% in my bones we made the right hire, FINALLY!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Excellent post!

You’re right!   Our LB class is ridiculous as well!!!   Really, the back 7 on D is a fantastic class!

LBs

DBs

WRs

We’re already in good shape with RBs for a couple more years

With Thorne, a competitive transfer, and Walker White coming in, I think QB is in pretty good shape.   

Now, our focus should be on the trenches!   If we can develop an OL and DL to match these playmakers, WATCH OUT FOR AU!!!!