2024 4* LB Demarcus Riddick Flips to AUBURN!!! (from UGA)

ellitor

CHF craping all over the narrative about Auburn not being able to recruit with the big dogs!

Edited by toddc

• Haha 2

On 7/25/2023 at 4:29 PM, toddc said:

Auburn Tigers trending to flip 5-star LB Demarcus Riddick from Georgia

Joe Spears

Georgia LB commit and priority Alabama target Demarcus Riddick. (Joseph Hastings/BamaOnLine)

Clanton (Ala.) Chilton County School five-star linebacker Demarcus Riddickannounced his pledge to Georgia last November. Since then, two more schools have entered the mix in Riddick’s recruitment. 

Riddick is set to announce his final decision between Alabama, Auburn and Georgia on Wednesday. He may be committed to the Bulldogs but they are no longer the favorite to keep his pledge according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM).

Following an expert prediction from Auburn recruiting insider Jeffrey Lee and recent industry updates, Auburn now sits with a 51.2% chance to land Riddick’s pledge. Lee put in his pick with a confidence level of 55%. 

“It’s been tough. It’s been really tough. . . I thought I had this settled down when I committed to Georgia,” Riddick told On3‘s Chad Simmons. “But I really didn’t because my feelings have changed a little.

The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder is the No. 31 overall prospect and No. 3 linebacker in the 2024 cycle, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He is also the No. 4 player in Alabama.

Riddick’s visited Auburn three times already this year and is set to be back on campus this weekend for their Big Cat Weekend. He was last on campus June 9 for an official visit.

“I have an idea of what I’m going to do Wednesday,” Riddick told Simmons. “I’m going to have all three of the hats on the table. It’s going to be like a birthday present for my momma, so I’m going to give it as a gift to her.”

Riddick a priority for Hugh Freeze and the Tigers

Currently Auburn holds 11 pledges in its 2024 class. That group ranks as the No. 20 class in the country and the No. 11 class in the SEC.

Flipping Riddick away from Georgia would be a huge win Hugh Freeze and his staff as they try build momentum with the 2024 group. 

Another in-state linebacker is currently Auburn’s highest-ranked 2024 commit. Tuskegee (Ala.) Booker T Washington’s Joseph Phillips committed to Auburn on June 15 and ranks as the No. 119 player in the 2024 class. On3 ranks him as the No. 83 player in the 2024 On300 and the No. 5 linebacker. 

Auburn also has a pair of pledges from two more top-100 prospects in Little Rock (Ark.) Little Rock Christian Academy quarterback Walker White and Lilburn (Ga.) Parkview cornerback Jalyn Crawford.

51.2 % at 55% confidence ... he really went out on a limb with that ... Isn't that the same thing as saying maybe :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

51.2 % at 55% confidence ... he really went out on a limb with that ... Isn't that the same thing as saying maybe :)

Maybe!

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, woodford said:

It worked!

I bet the Misses is really enjoying that.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, AUght2win said:

it’s gonna take results on the field first” argument.

Not completely. That will still apply to some targets for now.

16 hours ago, Tiger n Miami AU83 said:

Hello fellow Aubies 🖐️😊

I have not been around in a minute (apologies if anyone cares, lol). 

Today is a day worth noting and marking down. It is not so much about a single player, but about laying down an undeniable and unmistakable marker.

We saw this coming with the epic, unreal and frankly embarrassingly under appreciated/underreported job Freeze did to salvage the 2023 class. Yeah, us Aubies took note and were quite encouraged. Then we started to even get a bit optimistic as he continued to do serious work in the portal. Yeah, local and national pundits made some comments here and there noting Freeze was doing well and making progress in recruiting and the portal. But by and large they really missed the boat entirely as to just how drastic was the change and its potential ramifications.

The winds of change are blowing hard right now and will be even more apparent over the next week. We are COMING. At the expense of the buttsniffers and gumps no less.

WDE

@Tiger n Miami AU83

Old Friends GIF - Old Friends Old Friend - Discover & Share GIFs

20 hours ago, woodford said:

It worked!

You know you can't change them now until after football season ... Maybe even after basketball season BUT, you will be required to stand up wind from everyone and I mean way up wind.   

3 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

@alabastertigerNo. A confidence pick of 25% or lower would be a maybe pick. 55% is a fairly confident pick.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

@JerryAU yes everyone was but a Bam having the most confidence they weren't getting someone was very telling & funny given their history.

Correct if wrong…by my count, IF he signs, this will make the 5th time AU has signed a 5-star LB…

1995 Takeo

2005 Blackmon

2014 Tre Williams

2019 Pappoe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Viper said:

Correct if wrong…by my count, IF he signs, this will make the 5th time AU has signed a 5-star LB…

1995 Takeo

2005 Blackmon

2014 Tre Williams

2019 Pappoe

Kris Frost was a 5 Star with Rivals

IMG_2197.jpeg

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

I'm thrilled that Auburn got a 5*. I am also happy that Auburn has went toe to toe with arguably the better recruiting teams in the modern era. What gives me the warm and fuzzies is that both of those team wanted this player badly and cannot deny it. Further, not only does it increase the talent pool at Auburn but it decreases the talent pools at bama and uga. 

• Like 3

Hopefully he stays committed to us because this guy will our own version of Isaiah Simmons at Clemson. Clemson used him as a Swiss Army knife and he ended up being a top 10 pick and I can see Auburn using Riddick similarly 

• Like 3

On 7/22/2023 at 4:45 AM, ellitor said:

I can't go past hopeful til it happens.

4 days is a long time in recruiting. Plus Bama likely won't stop after that til NSD.

Beyond hopeful yet?

49 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Beyond hopeful yet?

@Tigerpro2a I guess you missed this...

On 7/24/2023 at 3:20 PM, ellitor said:

Morpheus about me...

Morpheus Believe GIF - Morpheus Believe Neo - Discover ...

me...

Dakota Johnson Dammit GIF by Apple TV+ - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Way late with this but in recognizing the great work Roman Reigns has done with the Tribal Chief character, with the commitment from Riddick AU says to the rest of the college football world...

Roman Reigns Wwe Universal Champion GIF - Roman Reigns WWE ...

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Way late with this but in recognizing the great work Roman Reigns has done with the Tribal Chief character, with the commitment from Riddick AU says to the rest of the college football world...

Roman Reigns Wwe Universal Champion GIF - Roman Reigns WWE ...

tea-shade.gif

Buh buh buh buh baby you ain’t seen nothing yet!image.jpeg.538d94d07ec65682f52f501b5aef2107.jpeg

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

The 2023 version is momma worm is coming! Y’all better be careful with her if she joins the board. 😝 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

The 2023 version is momma worm is coming! Y’all better be careful with her if she joins the board. 😝 

She seems more playful than Mrs. shivers which I think is a good thing.

• Love 3