2024 4* LB Demarcus Riddick Flips to AUBURN!!! (from UGA)

ellitor

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

Isn't everyone confident it's AU?

@JerryAU yes everyone was but a Bam having the most confidence they weren't getting someone was very telling & funny given their history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

This makes that cruitin finger nonsense from the past two years seem that much more pitiful.

Wasted a damn fine meme

• Haha 1

Top247 LB Demarcus Riddick flips from Georgia to Auburn, gives Hugh Freeze his biggest recruiting win to date

The Clanton (Ala.) Chilton County blue-chipper talks about his excitement to play for the Tigers.

Steve Wiltfong3 hrs

Hugh Freeze and his first-year coaching staff are looking at this 2024 recruiting class as one that can change the trajectory of Auburn football. On Wednesday, Freeze and company notched their biggest win on the trail yet.

Clanton (Ala.) Chilton County Top247 linebacker Demarcus Riddick announced his flip to the Tigers from SEC rival Georgia, giving Freeze his highest-ranked recruit since being hired on The Plains. Riddick went public with his plans surrounded by family and friends during a celebration for his mother's birthday, but had already told Freeze and his future coaches behind the scenes.

“The whole staff they’re hyped about it ready to go,” Riddick said. “Coach Freeze called me and said ‘I’m so freaking happy you’re coming here. I’ve been wanting you for the longest.’

“It’s going to be great to play for Coach Freeze and I’m excited for it.”

Tabbed by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 3 linebacker and No. 46 prospect overall and by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite as a five-star recruit and No. 26 prospect in the land, Riddick had been a verbal to Georgia since November. In addition to the Bulldogs, he also chose Auburn over Alabama.

“What really made it right for me is the community, just the fans, the fanbase, the family,” Riddick said. “The coaches, just the whole everything. I mean I feel like I’m at home when I go down there and visit and stuff like that.

“Auburn has been going through a lot these past couple years, coaches and stuff like that, Hugh Freeze, I feel like he’s going to come in and change the whole program around. I feel like Auburn is going to flip a switch and Hugh Freeze is gonna put them on the map this year and same for next year.

“I mean he fits in with Auburn.”

Riddick becomes commit No. 12 for the Tigers in the 2024 recruiting class. Linebackers coach Josh Aldridge led the charge in recruiting him with guys like Trovon Reed giving a big assist.

“Coach Aldridge he’s a good coach,” Riddick said. “I like the way he coaches his linebackers and his players and I’m ready to be part of that and build something with this upcoming season in the 2024 year.”

Riddick added he’s also working on getting athlete Malcolm Simmons and five-stars in receiver Perry Thompson and KJ Bolden to join him.

“I feel like they’ll be great fits for Auburn,” Riddick said.

As a junior Riddick racked up 109 tackles including 19 stops for loss, seven sacks, three interceptions, a forced fumble and fumble recovery. 247Sports National Analyst Cooper Petagna is high on Riddick.

“Possesses an athletic frame and growth potential to add a considerable amount of weight to his frame at the next level,” Petagna wrote in his scouting report. “A three-phase player and a multi-sport athlete, displays good athleticism in each phase of the game.

“Positioned at the weak side linebacker position, Riddick possesses outstanding position versatility as a second level defender, showing the ability to play off ball as a pass coverage defender, in the box, off the edge as a pass rusher and sometimes even at the safety position. Demonstrates good play speed, showing the ability to play in space and drop comfortably in coverage. Flashes excellent football instincts in both the run and the pass, displaying the ability to key and diagnose and play downhill.

“Possessing somewhat of a chameleon skill set, the Chilton County standout appears most comfortable as on off-ball linebacker, where his athleticism and instincts are on full display playing sideline to sideline. Projects a multi-year Power Five starter at the next level with the ability to contribute early on defense and special teams. Possesses a unique defensive skill set at the linebacker position with legitimate three down value. Although he checks the boxes athletically, Riddick’s combination of position versatility and football instincts make him one of the best pure linebacker prospects in the country.”

Siap

• Like 2
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I Love this so much. He already knew, you could tell. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

This is a classic take! Needs to be our new mantra.

#NewNorm

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3

• Love 2

Hello fellow Aubies 🖐️😊

I have not been around in a minute (apologies if anyone cares, lol). 

Today is a day worth noting and marking down. It is not so much about a single player, but about laying down an undeniable and unmistakable marker.

We saw this coming with the epic, unreal and frankly embarrassingly under appreciated/underreported job Freeze did to salvage the 2023 class. Yeah, us Aubies took note and were quite encouraged. Then we started to even get a bit optimistic as he continued to do serious work in the portal. Yeah, local and national pundits made some comments here and there noting Freeze was doing well and making progress in recruiting and the portal. But by and large they really missed the boat entirely as to just how drastic was the change and its potential ramifications.

The winds of change are blowing hard right now and will be even more apparent over the next week. We are COMING. At the expense of the buttsniffers and gumps no less.

WDE

Edited by Tiger n Miami AU83
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4

30 minutes ago, toddc said:

This is a classic take! Needs to be our new mantra.

#NewNorm

norm-nation.gif

• Love 2

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Literally just got done peeling potatoes. Takes on a whole new meaning this evening ha!

I cut mine up and air fried them.  I know what you mean. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

christopher-walken-fever.gif

Where tf is @GwillMac6?

Streaking.

He stopped by the Fantasy Football Dynasty chat, dropped a bunch of memes and not heard from again.  Best to just give him a minute. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Guys, it's a new day. Everything we've been raised to believe as our ceiling has just been shattered.  We all need to readjust to the new possibility.  Get ready! We're just in the opening act.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Pay very careful attention to the words DRid used in the article above when discussing Simmons, Thompson and Bolden -- I feel they'll be great fits at Auburn.      He didn't say I feel they would be great fits, he said I feel they WILL be great fits.......

• Like 2
  • Love 3